ADF freq?

Newspeedy

maybe a stupid question,...

but where can i find the adf freq from the airports?

on the map you can see the tower freq, ils freq,... but no ADF freq?

edit: did found this https://www.dropbox.com/s/kb47biu7he5is6i/Martin_Renders_LOSLAMs.pdf

but nothing in dcs

That link is to my dropbox, I got that compiled list off of the ED user file section, I didn't make it. I know that the ipad DCS app has them listed in the airport diagrams, unfortunately I haven't found a way to just find ADF while in mission, you have to refer to the list. If the airport has ILS you can use that to home in to the airport as well.

That link is to my dropbox, I got that compiled list off of the ED user file section, I didn't make it. I know that the ipad DCS app has them listed in the airport diagrams, unfortunately I haven't found a way to just find ADF while in mission, you have to refer to the list. If the airport has ILS you can use that to home in to the airport as well.

What's the name of the iPad app ?

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

perhaps the next dcs world update we can ask for ndb's vor's etc to be shown on the map and kneeboard including frequencies instead of just tacan short code

That would be nice. You can edit the kneeboard pictures to your liking. I'm not sure which files it is but theres instructions for changing the pages somewhere on the forums. You could use that list I posted, break it up in a couple pages.

**edit** found the dir where the kneeboard pages are kept, I'd start there. PeterP could probably help you better than I can though.

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Bazar\Terrain\Kneeboard

Edited by wess24m

The NDBs are already displayed on the ME map with their freqs.

I was looking earlier and I could see the TACAN station but no NDB info in the ME. I was looking at Batumi (which I know has a NDB station) and it shows no NDB. So while some may show those stations (none that i've run across) it isn't complete.

No it doesn't, there is rather poor navaid coverage over Georgia, you would have to get there using Kutaisi VOR/DME, or in our case Kutaisi VOR and Batumi NDB (or Gali NDB, depands from what direction are you flying), since we have no DME equipment in the Huey.

http://skyvector.com/?ll=42.176825,42.482713889&chart=302&zoom=3

Edited by Sundowner.pl

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"If a place needs helicopters, it's probably not worth visiting." - Nick Lappos

No it doesn't, there is rather poor navaid coverage over Georgia, you would have to get there using Kutaisi VOR/DME, or in our case Kutaisi VOR and Batumi NDB (or Gali NDB, depands from what direction are you flying), since we have no DME equipment in the Huey.

http://skyvector.com/?ll=42.176825,42.482713889&chart=302&zoom=3

If you read the manual on the AN/ARN-83 radio Set, you can use it as DME. It's more involved than plain showing you the distance (uses signal triangulation) but the real unit can be used to find distance. Whether it's modeled in the sim is another matter, haven't tested it yet.

Edited by wess24m

Yes, but thankfully we also have a VOR which makes it a bit easier to fly blind. We can simply set waypoints that would be intersections between VOR radial and NDB - you would ride the VOR radial until the ADF shows certain heading to the NDB - then you know pretty accurately where you are - although takes more time than DME :thumbup: . And this is a bit involving if we want to fly to north or south, because all the VORs are in a line east to west.

Then comes the mobile TACAN stations that are now set up on every airbase... but we don't know their frequency to use as VORs.

Anyway the Huey is not really set up for IFR navigation as it is. Try flying it over water, let's say ship-to ship, a hundred or so miles and both ships on EMCON :music_whistling:

Doppler ASN-128 set would be nice.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"If a place needs helicopters, it's probably not worth visiting." - Nick Lappos

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I'd like to know to where can we find a reliable list of ADF freq ingame.

I know about the file in the user files but it is not up to date with the current game version.

Example it list Kutaisi = 845 instead of 477

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

So, we know that airport Senaki on DCS map have some frequencies but they are not compatible with Huey`s ADF. What is possibility to change this frequencies on map with working Huey ADF`s range? I try to make IFR approach procedure for Huey with 2 NDB`s for that reason I want to modify it.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

havent checked all links in this thread, but i created my own list with ADF frequenzies a while back, maybe a help for someone.

ADF - Airbase

215 - Anapa-Vityazevo

--- - Batumi

250 - Beslan

--- - Gelendzhik

395 - Gudauta

490 - Kobuleti

303 - Krasnodar-Center

240 - Krasnodar-Pashkovsky

830 - Krymsk

477 - Kutaisi

591 - Maykop-Khanskaya

283 - Mineralnye Vody

1064 - Mozdok

350 - Nalchik

--- - Novorossiysk

129 - Senaki-Kolkhi

761 - Sochi-Adler

435 - Soganlug

995 - Sukhumi-Babushara

435 - Tbilisi-Lochini

435 - Vaziani

i did take those frequenzies from the map in the ME, and i'm using those realy often while flying the huey.

regards,

RR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"There's nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself.

You can't remake the past, so look ahead... or risk being left behind."

Noli Timere Messorem

"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always been there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett