Operation Talon's Reach (MP, Co-Op 4, A-10C)

Thank you guys. What I lack in ME & scripting savvy (which is a lot) I attempt to make up for in blood, sweat, duct tape, and hours upon hours testing. :-) It's a lot of time invested as you know so positive feedback is awesome.

IADC - callsign was "Bone". B-1's do use that often, from what I've read.

Any feedback for a miz builder is nice. I don't think there is much appreciation of how much time goes into building good missions. It does urk me somewhat that people download missions and play them for free but don't have the courtesy to leave a simple thank you or comment afterwards. Maybe I was brought up differently. Rant over... Sorry.

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

• 2 weeks later...

Very well done mission Joyride! We had a blast last night flying it. The production quality and the immersion level were a treat. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Played this last night. Fantastic mission, well done.

[url=http://www.aef-hq.com.au/aef4/forumdisplay.php?262-Digital-Combat-Simulator][SIGPIC]http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/2500/a10161sqnsignitureedite.png[/SIGPIC][/url]

Having a look at the triggers list on the ME i can imagine how many hours did you expend working in this fantastic mission.

So thank you for the two hours of joy that i had last night flying your mission.

Really had a good moment, thanks for sharing....

Awesome mission Joyride thank you very much.

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

• 1 month later...

Been flying this with some buddies. Fantastic mission! We have yet to finish due to time constraints but the immersion is second to none.

I was amazed by the fact that you had that many voice files and still keep the filesize of the overall mission quite low. How did you make your recordings for the voice overs? They sound quite realistic? Yet are very small in size.

Markeebo

Been flying this with some buddies. Fantastic mission! We have yet to finish due to time constraints but the immersion is second to none.

I was amazed by the fact that you had that many voice files and still keep the filesize of the overall mission quite low. How did you make your recordings for the voice overs? They sound quite realistic? Yet are very small in size.

Markeebo

Thanks, Markeebo. Recorded using Audacity with some filter effects (a few threads about that on this forum). I convert the files to GSM 6.10 .wav at 8kHz which is a very small file size (average of maybe 20kb per radio call). At that compression, the quality naturally degrades, with helps even further making it sound radio-grainy.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just for future reference should be 3 oda's not 3 special forces platoons as those don't exist in green beret land. Awesome mission by the way.

Also special forces is green berets the media really messed up our special operations forces definitions lol

I7 4770k @ 4.6, sli 980 evga oc edition, ssdx2, Sony 55 inch edid hack nvidia 3dvision. Volair sim pit, DK2 Oculus Rift.

Joyride, is there a 1.27 version of this? Will it be enough to just open the mission file and then save it again in 1.27?

That should be enough, though I haven't run it lately to test for new bugs created by version updates. Just...not...enough...time...! :-)

Just for future reference should be 3 oda's not 3 special forces platoons as those don't exist in green beret land. Awesome mission by the way.

Also special forces is green berets the media really messed up our special operations forces definitions lol

Good to know. Wiki would have been my friend if I'd have looked that up..doh. :-)

Glad you enjoyed it.

• 4 weeks later...

Freaking BRAVO joyride! You are a top notch mission builder. I look forward to perhaps more of the same...

Edited by Kybosh

I7 3770k, GTX 780ti Classified SLI, Asus Maximus Extreme V, 32GB G. Skill Sniper Gaming Series, 1500w Corsair Master Silent Pro M2 PSU, EXPC Raystorm EX280watercooling, Dell U3014 2560x1600 30in

Joyride,

Would it be difficult for you to open OP Gridiron in the 1.2.7 ME just to see if the triggers for Viking are still set up as intended?

Having to do an emergency rebuild of my system right now and have yet to have it up and running, but will try to do so soon.