SU-27 rolls to the left?

As the title says. It does this all the time, no matter the speed or altitude. I've tried mapping the TRIM functions to my TM Warthog Trim hat, no joy. My X and Y axis are centered, no problems there, and don't get this with other aircraft.

Any help?

- Ice

I have the same problem as well. Driving me crazy! I'm no techie, so I'm sure one day I'll find out it was some minor issue that any 12-year-old could have solved!

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5GHz | Gigabyte GTX660 2GB GDDR5 | ASUS P8Z77-VLX | Kingston HyperX 16GB 1600 KHz | WD 2TB WD20EARX |

Kingston SSDNow 2.5" 120GB SATA III | LG SATA DVD±RW 22x DUAL | Corsair Vengeance K90 Keyboard / M65 Laser Mouse | 40” Samsung LED.

Just did a little testflight with the Su-27 (unloaded and loaded). Perfectly stable here, no left roll. This is with the update version, not with a fresh install although that should not matter.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Well, the "fix" apparently is to put a bit of a deadzone on the roll axis. I put in 4 and that seems to sort it out.

I'm not happy doing this though, as this wasn't a problem with A10C and it isn't a problem with BMS. Something is wrong somewhere, and it's not my controller.

- Ice

Post a track please. New mission, not a canned mission with roll axis manipulated once when you spawn (roll left, right and then centre) and thereafter hands-free on your flight-stick, controlling pitch for level flight with throttle alone.

Edited by 159th_Viper

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

As an addendum, I assume you have checked your Axis settings, right?

I just checked my Warthog and I had a roll to the right with the SU-27, confirmed in the Axis settings:

8Xl0d1K.png

I calibrated the Warthog and the issue is now rectified:

IWgbxEB.png

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How do you "calibrate" the WH?

Windows Control Panel.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nope. Calibrated WH, still rolls. Slower, but still does it.

Like I said, I don't need to do this on BMS, and never did this when I was playing DCS A10C a year ago. I'll just have to live with a bit of deadzone for now.

- Ice

Post the track I asked for in post #6, as per the details requested, with all axis at linear, no dead-zones.

Help us help you.

Edited by 159th_Viper

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Tried Su-27 last night and was looking specifically if the Su-27 rolls to the left without any input... and it didn't do it for me, it was flying level so I don't think this is a bug.

No longer active in DCS...

Tried Su-27 last night and was looking specifically if the Su-27 rolls to the left without any input... and it didn't do it for me, it was flying level so I don't think this is a bug.

Had another go a few minutes ago, no roll here so it must be something on your side Ice.

Well, the "fix" apparently is to put a bit of a deadzone on the roll axis. I put in 4 and that seems to sort it out.

That's not normal. Is it only the Su-27 that suffers from this (i don't talk about BMS since that's another sim). If you need to put in a deadzone it means that you have some sort of input around zero. Spikes (although Warthog's have Hall sensors for input)? And if it where spikes, BMS would be having the same problem.

Nope. Calibrated WH, still rolls. Slower, but still does it.

This already proves that there was input at zero and that the stick was not 100% correctly calibrated.

What about deleting the joystick input files and let the sim create new ones?

Edited by Lange_666

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Default curves for SFM aircraft are very very sensitive - so if your Warthog is mechanically moved even 0.1 mm left it will induce a slight roll. That doesn't mean calibration might be off but rather mechanical imperfection. Mine doesn't roll at all left (G-940 user).