Kneeboard

Harke

Is it available in the A-10C as well? Or can it be made available? :music_whistling:

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Have you hold your 1.2.3 input files ?, I think you need to renews your input
after removing saved games/dcs/config/input i get the kneeboard settings - but then my axes, keys etc. are gone ...

is it possible to merge 1.2.3 and 1.2.4 settings without reassigning everything?

Edited by intuser

is it possible to merge 1.2.3 and 1.2.4 settings without reassigning everything?

Yes, it is possible. You would just have to take the default lua files from 1.2.4 and copy the missing functions into your saved lua files.

Use Notepad++, not Windows Notepad.

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Thanks! here's the code to add:

--Kneeboard
{combos = {{key = ']'}}                           ,             down = 3001        , cockpit_device_id  = 1, value_down = 1.0, name = 'Kneeboard Next Page'  , category = 'Kneeboard'},
{combos = {{key = '['}}                           ,             down = 3002        , cockpit_device_id  = 1, value_down = 1.0, name = 'Kneeboard Previous Page', category = 'Kneeboard'},
{combos = {{key = 'K', reformers = {'RShift'}}},             down = iCommandPlaneShowKneeboard    , name = 'Kneeboard ON/OFF', category = 'Kneeboard'},
{combos = {{key = 'K'}}                           ,             down = iCommandPlaneShowKneeboard    , up = iCommandPlaneShowKneeboard ,value_down = 1.0,value_up = -1.0, name = 'Kneeboard glance view'  , category = 'Kneeboard'},
{combos = {{key = 'K', reformers = {'RCtrl'}}} ,             down = 3003        , cockpit_device_id  = 1,value_down = 1.0, name = 'Kneeboard current position mark point'  , category = 'Kneeboard'},

The russian planes have not Kneeboard, why?? perhaps they should come with the Ka-50 maps format and this was not yet ready?? I have search all the forum and non explanation about this situation for the pilots :thumbdown:

Flaming Cliffs 3

• Added kneeboard input to flyable aircraft.

• MiG-29S TWS2 mode is now fixed.

• Added intro image to Su-33 "Sea Dragon" campaign.

• A-10A AOA Indexer now works.

• Corrected some minor issues with new 3D Su-27 model.

• Corrected wingmen maneuvers when turning.

• Fixed wingmen not turning off radar when commanded to do so.

• Fixed Su-27 campaign mission typos.

• Pilots models are now correct.

• Fixed F-15C Fuel Tank Pylon indication on MFD.

• Fixed tanker not filling external F-15C fuel tanks.

• Fixed Su-33 getting stuck near island on the Kuznetsov deck.

• Corrected MiG-29 HUD indications.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How can I get the Knee Board in the Huey?:music_whistling:

I want it! I want it now!:cry::prop:

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

To get the Kneeboard up I had to delete my "Keyboard.LUA" in... Users/yourname/Saved games/DCS/Config/Input/Aircraft type/Keyboard.

Then re enter the game and the Keyboard.LUA is automatically regenerated with the extra options.

If you have a lot of customised or changed keybindings from default you will need to re code them. If you have not changed the default key bindings you are good to go.

After doing this the Kneeboard works well using a momentary glance or Sticky mode.

To get the Kneeboard up I had to delete my "Keyboard.LUA" in... Users/yourname/Saved games/DCS/Config/Input/Aircraft type/Keyboard.

Then re enter the game and the Keyboard.LUA is automatically regenerated with the extra options.

If you have a lot of customised or changed keybindings from default you will need to re code them. If you have not changed the default key bindings you are good to go.

After doing this the Kneeboard works well using a momentary glance or Sticky mode.

are you sure that does not break something in my control config?

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Its a pretty straight forward process to add new buttons to existing profiles.

Rename your keyboard.lua file to something else.

Start the sim, and go to the options for that aircraft. A new keyboard file will be generated.

Use notepad++ to compare the files. Copy and paste any new entries into your customized keyboard.lua.

Delete the default keyboard.lua and rename your customized one back to keyboard.lua.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

are you sure that does not break something in my control config?

I dont think so , it didn't in mine as the control stuff (TrkIr, F16MFD, Joysticks etc) are all separate categories.

I think Grimes way is better ... wished I had thought of that :)

Edited by IvanK

Start the sim, and go to the options for that aircraft. A new keyboard file will be generated.

Use notepad++ to compare the files. Copy and paste any new entries into your customized keyboard.lua.

Delete the default keyboard.lua and rename your customized one back to keyboard.lua.

Thank Grimes, but I will not do that. I wait for an official update to fix that. I have a lot of custom setting in my control config and I dont understand why I have this problem and only happen with the russian planes.

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

tried this but it didn't generate new files, even after removing them completely, Editing the file in N++ to add the kneeboard controls suggested earlier also didn't work. :(