1.2.4 bug reports

xcom

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B-52's are big assed things. There was one that took three SA-2's hitting nearby to take it down and it still held long enough for the crew to all get out.

I'm willing to accept that B-52s are tough mofos.

However the problem remains with the helicopters, which need far too much damage to take down.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

AI Invincibility is a known issue and is being investigated so it can be fixed in the next update.

Dusty Rhodes

Play HARD, Play FAIR, Play TO WIN

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

AI Invincibility is a known issue and is being investigated so it can be fixed in the next update.

Yes, and since Monday's update the AI fixed wing aircraft seem to have already been fixed. Wasn't sure if the problem was known in rotary wing.

EDIT:

Fixed damage value for AI aircraft.

So helicopters have obviously not been done.

I have attached a track in which I have two solid hits on an OH-58D and it keeps on flying.

Helicopter damage test.trk

Edited by Boris

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

We can't change heading of road outpost,

• Fixed synchronization of ground units in network play.
the host/client synchronisation isn't fixed !!!

you correct some bugs every patches but everytime some others appears

Don't forget old missions are affected by your work.

DCS A-10C was released in beta version 3 years ago...

1.2.4 Feedba k

Hi, firstly thanks ED for 1.2.4, the sound improvements and the new 6DOF pits are wonderful!

As for bugs I've noticed, some of these will have probably been mentioned already but I'll list the ones I've picked out

-The landing bug still exists - particularly in the F-15C, even the softest and most professional of touchdowns still causes the undercarriage to sink into the tarmac (this happens at many airfields, though not all of them.)

-Enemy AI immortal to both missiles and guns, though I do believe the fixed wing craft have had this issue patched so thank you.

-Wingmen now have issues matching my speed whilst in formation, they firmly hold a much lower speed (whilst sticking to my flight-plan) no matter what orders I give them.

-Finding it very difficult to get an AIM-9 lock with the A10A. Since the new 6DOF pit (which I love btw) was released, the lock reticle is right at the very top of the HUD, and sometimes escapes off it altogether if I'm in a turn, so I often get gunned down by an MI-24 before I can launch on him.

-Heat blur will not turn off. I know this is a small issue, but heat blur has minor implications on my FPS, plus I don't like how it looks when the burners are on at the airfields - much too dense and close to the engines (but that's just my opinion, I watch the F-15Cs takeoff from RAF Lakenheath all the time on burners and the burner itself is still very visible, unlike how DCS portrays it.)

-I do like the head movements in the cockpit with tight turns, but they may be a bit excessive; in a turning match in an eagle for example, the pilot's head is basically on the floor meaning you can't see the cannon reticle and therefore can't see where you're shooting.

-Engine fans don't seem to be turning on the aircraft except for the Frogfoots? Though this may just be an issue with my settings, however they are animated when I view AI planes.

-One FINAL teeny little issue, after aerial refuelling from a KC-135, the control response on the F-15C seems a little delayed and slow, and I usually have to engage autopilot and then Alt+3 to reset pitch and roll.

Sorry for a long message, and I also apologise if a lot of these have already been mentioned! As I said I love the new sounds, especially for the eagle, and the 6DOF pits are very very nice.

Keep up the good work ED!

Edited by GC1993
Made a mistake

RWR is displaying lights in reverse or is the joke on me. Can someone confirm?

SU27 Signal strength indicator is operating in reverse. It now starts in bottom left corner and rotates clockwise as signal strength increases.

This is SU27 Specific see post here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1752485&postcount=1192

Edited by IvanK

Normal operation on the real SPO is:

- conter clockwise when detecting a search or survey radar signal

- clockwise when detecting a capture or oursuit signal

System Configuration: Windows 10 64bits, Intel I5-3570K, 8Go DDR3-1333Mhz, GeForce GTX 560Ti LE

DCS-FC3 Version 1.5.3

A new little bug for me in BS2 since the last update : УКВ-ТЛК” switch. (Data link equipment provides jam-resistant secure communications via VHF-TLK channel for remote target designation) the last button in radio and data link panel doesn't move any more ... I hear the sound of the moving button but it stays down... It seems to work anyway.

Sorry if this bug has been reported before (didnt find it)

[/url]All known Dynamic Campaign Engine Campaigns

Last DCE news : Crisis in PG - Blue version

has anybody else found that you cant get A.I aircraft to refuel on the KC-135 anymore? Have set it to work in mission editor but it is very temperamental.....

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Is this an actual bug reporting thread? Must be near impossible for ED to keep track of bugs reported through the forums...

Anyway this may be one someone could experiment with....

I was just in an MP mission and fired a AGM65D at a taxiing Mig29... on impact, the game crashed! Maybe it was just my client that crashed, I hope I didn't bring the server down...

Perhaps its something someone can replicate...?

"We could come back with hydraulics shot out, half the tail shot off, piece of the wing shot off, we had two engines and could come home with one... She really was a piece of machinery that you could fly into hell and back... And she was designed around that gun from day 1"

KA-50's LWS not working correctly with SA-18 MANPAD Igla-S (laser proximity) and Strela-10, i have not tested other, its possible the LWS simply not working.

Many bugs on this version, and with your auto-updates we can't back to 1.2.3, don't take it wrong but you (ED) add bugs every patch since first beta (DCS A-10C). Before working on your many project (too much? ...) please fix problem on DCS world actual state. It's the better simulation but overly buggy for too long!

Edited by Speacy

Igla-S missile has a laser proximity detonation fuze. Your LWS does not stand a snowballs chance in a pizza oven of picking that up.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Zsu 23\4 don't have laser range finder.

the most modern variants has one.

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

So it work correctly? Thx for the support :thumbup:

No, in fact the LWS simply not work in 1.2.4 i've tested with ZSU-23-4:noexpression:

Test with a Bradley, Vulcan or such units.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

exactly, but in don't know why in the old DCS versions, the LWS detected the MANPAD and strela, since BS1... im not sure for ZSU-23

I've tested with T-80 and it work correctly, sorry for disturb :surrender: i was wrong

and i think im wrong also for the old versions :D the LWS had probably never detected manpad and strela, ive lost my mind

Edited by Speacy

SU25 ILS indications

I think there is an issue with the SU25 ILS indications. In the jpg below we are above the Glide slope and to the left of the centreline. The Deviation indicators on the Attitude indicator indicate this situation. The Flight Director command bars on the Attitude Indicators are supplying appropriate commands to capture the Localiser and Glideslope.

The Localiser and Glideslope indicators on the CCI (HSI) are showing reverse deviation indications... i.e. to the right of the localiser and below the Glideslope.

SU25ILSbug_zpsbf65c13b.jpg

Edited by IvanK

has anybody else found that you cant get A.I aircraft to refuel on the KC-135 anymore? Have set it to work in mission editor but it is very temperamental.....

So it wasn't just me? Told my guy to hit the tanker last night and he acknowledged but flew about a click behind at about 20 knots slower. He eventually ran out of fuel and ejected :doh:

Intel i5 4670 | GTX 970 | 8 gb Ram | Windows 10

Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek Rudders | Logitech G27 | Astro A40

Another bug that can be replicated - changing number of units carried in the mission planner on a pylon eg go from 3 AGM65 to 1. The picture will still illustrate 3 though the weight does reduce accordingly.

Going back out then in will correct this.

Intel i5 4670 | GTX 970 | 8 gb Ram | Windows 10

Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek Rudders | Logitech G27 | Astro A40

SU25 Weapon Sight line Bugs

The 6DOF cockpit for the SU25 has produced some bugs with Missile Boresight or sight line issues with respect to the gunsight. All Missile Zero sight lines are now way to high even with the gunsight combining glass in its upper position.

In Longitudinal Aiming mode (FiO) the AA8 Aphid boresight is almost off the top of the gunsight:

SU25Boresight1_zps742c97b0.jpg

The same is evident when the backup sight is selected. As Russian docs and FC3 docs state the X on the backup sight represents missile boresight:

su25aphidboresight_zps18d7e659.jpg

The same thing is evident (but even a bigger issue) with the KH-25ML,KH-29L and S-25L missile boresights. In this case they are actually above the gunsight combining glass.

SU25KHboresightbug_zpsdc420fd8.jpg

The only way you can get the reticle to display is to Turn on the laser and then drag the reticle down into the sight with the TDC.

Until you do this the aiming reticle is not usable. (This also implies that the default Laser boresight is here and too high as well)

It makes no sense (imo) to have these boresight or zero sight lines where they are. All should be in the same location in the sight where the Standby reticle X is.

Edited by IvanK