If you bought the UH-1H Huey Post here.

TimeKilla

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got it, sitting in a hotel 100 miles from it.:(

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Got mine down after after multiple broken contacts, installed and flying...well of sorts, hand eye feet co-ordination of one legged drunk, managed an excellent flare on first landing...shame I fireballed it!

2nd & 3rd attempts much better, LOVE IT need to do some throttle adjustments..

THANK YOU

Tried it last night for the first time. Not easy, you constantly have to watch your input, but that´s rather normal if you are unfamiliar with it I suppose. Managed to do a few skid-landings wothout crashing, properly set up controls, but the secret of successfully hovering still eludes me.

Jumped into the good old Shark online to watch a few people trying out the Huey - some funny / chaotic time on the server.

very wild baby she is, but me likey! biggrin.gif
"Me love you long time." "Me so horny."
Edited by upupandaway

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

Got it yesterday. I love it. It's slow, finicky, and has happily sent me plummeting to a fiery grave more times in the last 12 hours than I care to recall, but I love the Huey. There's nothing like the sound of that 2-bladed propeller cutting through the air over your head, and I find that I'm really liking the gunship setup.

Made me appreciate the hell out of the Ka-50 though. I'll never be able to fly it again without thinking how lucky I am to have coaxial rotors or 4 channels of autopilot to keep me flying without feeling like I'm balancing on the tip of a needle.

Just purchased it.

(edit: later update)

Flew it about some on a few different Multiplayer servers, both with the rudder trim and autopilot cheats and also without. I only AutoStart'ed it. Once in the air and up a little ways it flies fairly stable. Flew under the power lines a few times. Anybody try flying through a railroad tunnel? Ground hover by me at takeoff is not very steady and a nice easy does it landing is going to take some work. I have the 3 CH amigos controllers. I set a plus 30 curve for the cyclic both axis and the collective and the rudder at plus 10. I used the same CH Control Manager profile I am using for the Ka-50. Am working on creating a separate Huey profile.

One sortie out and about the entire rotor came off in one piece and went flying off into never-never-land like a UFO. I was on an Aussie server, so my contribution to their boomerang.

It took me almost a year to get fairly good in the Ka-50.

Huey will take some fine tuning by me. I like it!

I will spend time in the training missions and reading the forums.

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Of course.. got it!!

Put a server up with nothing but the Hueys to fly..

Was interesting to see some that can fly it like they been born for it..

Was more fun watching others like myself flyin from every angle and dangle of the bird..

In time.. sigh.. time.. patience...

This is the LAST DCS MODULE I am buying...

well, till the next one comes out.. (Is it out yet?);-)

I would like to report a work place grievance against this guy:

Lyndiman

AMD Ryzen 3600 / RTX 2070 Super / 32G Ram / Win10 / TrackIR 5 Pro / Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals