Black Sea Operations - SimHQ Preview

I have to say that Black Sea Ops Looks absolutely Superb. The new menus and briefing backgrounds just blow my mind . . . absolutely fantastic.

Looks like the patch list for Lomac will soon add Black Sea Ops to the list as well ;)

Unfortunately, the F15 just doesn't float my boat, so I might not be flying it . . . .

Is there any chance we'll see a Russian campaign of this kind of depth and complexity?

* To simulate active airbase activity.

* To simulate a busy environment.

* Add elements of random danger."

I wonder how will the team achieve that with the limited mission complexity Lomac allows.If it will be "that" complicated,we're gonna need a supermachine :)

Also,will there be a version without menu graphics replacement?I don't want to fill my Lomac menu with "Black Sea Operations" everywhere :)

• ED Team

I've played some of the missions, and i say "some", because i constantly get bombarded with new scripts for the movies that will be in BSO, so i have to concentrate on the movie part, but the missions really do feel alive, with activity going on throughout the region.

And your pc won't grind to a halt ;)

Maybe during take-off in some of the missions, where there is lots of activuty around, but other than that, its smooth.

There may be a Su-27 or Su-33 campaign the parallel the series and even a a prequel campaign to the F-15 campaign featuring the Russian side. We are recruiting mission makers all the time.

T-Bone

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus G72GX | CPU: Core 2 Duo Overclocked @ 2.9Ghz | Memory 6GB DDR2 | Graphics Card: nVidia GTX 260m 1GB | OS: Windows 7 Home Premium | Monitor: Samsung 32" LCD

LOMAC 1.0 to FC 1.12 System RIP (2003-2010) | AMD Athlon 64 3000+ overclocked to 2565MHz | NVidia Geforce 7800 GS AGP 256 MB | 1GB Kingston PC2700 DDR DRAM | Windows 2000 with SP4

Absolutly fantastic Job:

T-Bone, Glowing_AMRAAM, D-scythe, Armadillo, Dusty, Greg and Wyn

Really awesome...

Even i haven't seen it yet i must assume it's of superb quality. I've watched a few of glowing amraam's movies and if the BSO will manage to get me anywhere near to the kind of immersion and authenticity that I feel while watching, it will be fantastic...

Thanks for the story, thanks for the atmosphere, thanks for the missions, thanks for giving it a sensible plot and thanks for putting it all together !!!

few things i'd like to see (maybe in the future)...

A Sukhoi adventure that makes sense...

I've also been flying falcon. Starting with micropose f-16 falcon and f-16 combat pilot on the amiga (the latter already with an awesome dynamic campaign) and afterwards mac falcon4 with my voodoo2 card on my macintosh (Thrustmaster Mark1)...

and believe me or not, one reason I started lockon, besides the graphics and the flight models, is the simple reason I'm fed up with american avionics, simulations and scenarios even though russia and ukraine remains a new theatre...

Make a new story once you're finished and your nerves still sane and give us the same immersion from the russian POV... I'd love it even more...

Thanks again and keep it up...

regards

Zillion

Sig.jpg

AFIAK it will. We may release a modified version of the menu for the higher resolutions.

T-Bone

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus G72GX | CPU: Core 2 Duo Overclocked @ 2.9Ghz | Memory 6GB DDR2 | Graphics Card: nVidia GTX 260m 1GB | OS: Windows 7 Home Premium | Monitor: Samsung 32" LCD

LOMAC 1.0 to FC 1.12 System RIP (2003-2010) | AMD Athlon 64 3000+ overclocked to 2565MHz | NVidia Geforce 7800 GS AGP 256 MB | 1GB Kingston PC2700 DDR DRAM | Windows 2000 with SP4

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

so when is this bad boy available ?

I know i shouldnt really ask, but i dont want a specific date, maybe a in 2 weeks or so, or similar.

cheers ;)

Well I am taking a holiday break for a few weeks and I won't be in town. When I get back we will put the finishing touches on Chapter 1 and release it.

T-Bone

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If we do a Sukhoi campaign it will parallel the campaign for the F-15. The story will be the same, but it will be experienced through the eyes of say a Ukrainian fighter pilot.

T-Bone

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Good storytelling and really nice screenshots :D

I'm no Eagle driver but it sure gets me excited ;)

A question: what specification PC are you testing the missions on, and could you approximate the average frame rate you're getting?

It feels like this campaign will be pretty hard on 'middle ground' PC's.

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5