DCS World, HOTAS Cougar, TrackIR 4 Pro and the SU-25T, no joy!

Hello guys,

since many hours.... I'm trying to setup everything as good as I can but nothing works like described and I'm mentally exhausted, because the longer I'm trying to get it to run... the more I don't get how that all is supposed to work.

I have a HOTAS Cougar, TrackIR 4 pro and the SU-25T which came with DCS World with the FC2 Viper profile and I can't do stuff like...... target Designator (locking) doesn't work, unable to switch to Air-to-Ground mode, microstick works as mouse outside DCS World, no roll, X and Y in TrackIR though all axes are set up.... readme's with more steps inside the simulator's settings which messes up my brain completely.

I remember once having exact the same annoying problems, a reason I made a 2 year pause before. I just want to fly and see the SU-25T in action, want to play this campaign badly but.... I can't! And I'm interested in FC3... but with all the messed up profile-proceedures and problems, I already get unconscious while downloading the profile into my stick through foxy because of what is going to follow.....

Please... can someone help me?

Edited by TheCabal

FC3, Ka-50, A-10C, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Super Carrier, TacView Advanced

Next in line: F-5 II , MiG-19 , MiG-23 MLA

Wishlist: PA-100 Tornado, F-104 Starfighter, MiG-25 Foxbat, A-6 Intruder

Do yourself a favor and assign all buttons and axis of your Cougar directly in game in the SU-25T section without any profiling software like TARGET running.

You'll see all your problems will be gone.

Edited by tintifaxl

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

Hi tintifaxl,

thank you for your answer! Yes, I think I will print out the layout for the assigned Buttons and set em up in the game. Hope I will fly today ;)

Well... the first Problems: How do I use "shift" Buttons on my HOTAS? Oh man... :( I can lock a target but not unlock it? I can choose between AG and AA but no NAV in middle Position?

Edited by TheCabal

FC3, Ka-50, A-10C, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Super Carrier, TacView Advanced

"since many hours...."

You and I are in the same boat, my friend! A boat without a rudder, or sails, apparently. I have spent days trying to get my sticks (a Logitech and a Saitek) to work with this (and other) sim's but am having very little luck. Well, no luck, really. I have even gone to the extent of re-downloading the relevant files, doing a complete recovery of my system, and a VERY careful reinstall (all day today) and IT STILL DOESN'T WORK.

So I will follow this thread with interest and with the hope that (with all the obviously very bright people who populate this corner of the sim world) someone may be able to help us. Don't lose faith - that's the beginning of the end!

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5GHz | Gigabyte GTX660 2GB GDDR5 | ASUS P8Z77-VLX | Kingston HyperX 16GB 1600 KHz | WD 2TB WD20EARX |

Kingston SSDNow 2.5" 120GB SATA III | LG SATA DVD±RW 22x DUAL | Corsair Vengeance K90 Keyboard / M65 Laser Mouse | 40” Samsung LED.

• 9 months later...

Hello its me again....

still the same problem. with no solution since almost a year...... HOTAS Cougar emulation on/off?.... Foxy or TARGET? How does Target work.... I was able to start something which I could stop.....? Any nice complete profiles? What the hell should I just do?

In addition: No controls seems to work, nothing except of the ESC key. I deleted the folder under c:\user\username\DCS\... and nothing seems to happen, same issue. Deinstalled and installed again (which took 10 years to download). This simulator just don't wants me as a customer...

What am I supposed to do? Uploading profiles in the HOTAS? Loading up profiles inside DCS?

I start to get exhausted again. This issue is a reason not to buy anything. It doesn't feel like I could setup my controls to have some joy.... That controller MAYHEM is driving me NUTS since the last time I posted here. I could really really really need some step by step help! This whole mess develops into some scientific rocket-science madness...... Damn, am I really that stupid? It's already a challenge to make a normal FREE FLIGHT instead of beeing pro like in various other sims, Falcon BMS for example...

EDIT: Axis Tune shows that my controls work... except for my thrustmaster rudder... I calibrated it in HOTAS CCP and it seem to work normally...

Edited by TheCabal

I have this very setup except TrackIR 5 and it works perfectly. First thing is dont use any profiles in Foxy. Use the default. Make sure all your buttons are working in Foxy including the microstick on the throttle. When you go into DCS, if the game is recognizing the Thrustmaster you should see another column in the control screen for the aircraft in question. Map the buttons for the Thrustmaster to the item you want it to run. I use button 4 (I believe its the break lever at your pinky on the stick) as the modifier which acts like the shift key. Also map the microstick in the axis command screen. So for instance I can control the Schval slew in the SU25t with the microstick.

Main thing to do is use the hotas buttons for important controls, for instance its a waste to map the landing gear control when you only use it to land and take off. Just use the key board. I also do other things with it for instance, the two stage trigger, I use stage one for Teamspeak talk and stage two to launch weapons.

Edited by gunterlund21

I was in Art of the Kill D#@ it!!!!

I would prefer using a profile instead of messing with every aircraft type around.... (when I buy FC3 but that isnt the case now. Nothing works, cant do anything inside the sim, no keys working at all.

EDIT: Reinstalled everything, now it seems to work. But DCS World ignores my rudder, Target just shows my rudder in the Device Analyzer, but no sign of the axis. HOTAS CCP instead shows that my rudder is working. Inside a Target-profile, my gameport thrustmaster rudder (connected to the Cougar) the value has a 1.

Whats wrong?

Edited by TheCabal

Ok had some success finally...... oh my god...

Use that road everyone =>

1.) Install HOTAS Cougar drivers (watch out for 32-Bit or 64-Bit)

2.) Calibrate HOTAS Cougar inside HOTAS CCP tool

3.) Download Thrustmaster T.A.R.G.E.T.

4.) Download this beautiful profile http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116454 (Flaming Cliffs 3 which is for the free Su-25T in DCS World too)

5.) Open "Target Script Editor.exe"

6.) Open the downloaded profile

7.) Edit the profile for your needs (easy 0 or 1 story)

8.) Click on Compile and/or Run

9.) Verify HOTAS CCP that Emulation is off! (RED)

10.) Start DCS World

11.) Go to Options and Controls

12.) Load up keyboard-ingame-FC3-profile and for the HOTAS buttons the joystick-ingame-FC3-profile.... and add Modifiers (readme, Joystick Button 30-32)

13.) Do that for every aircraft in controls....

Read the manual which was provided within the profile.... good lord I finally did it. And now the actual steam sale is up....... perfect time.....

IF ANYONE has pthe same problems setting everything up, drop me a message I will help you!

Edited by TheCabal

Thanks for the props, TheCabal. I was going to point you in my direction, but you beat me to it.:D

EDIT: BTW, I hope you have the Cougar MFDs; I didn't see them in your hardware description, but they're necessary if you plan on using the profile for more than FC3.

Edited by Home Fries