Greece as faction in DCS World

TIGER

Greece as faction in DCS World  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Greece as faction in DCS World

Guys you should fly more often in DCS :D

Italian and Turkish forces are already in the DCS World's mission editor...Both airforce and ground units .

dcscountries_zpsf1591a5f.png

Personally I think we should let ED focus and deal with the great projects they announced . (Aircraft additions,Maps ,Graphics etc)

If we want this so much we could help them by providing them a package with this mod and they can add it in a future patch :smilewink: It's not so difficult after all.

It needs textures for the F-16's ,Mirages,Leopards etc and this : http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=93205

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

It's not difficult no, it IS a lot of work though.

So, as you said, i'd prefer them to focus on other things and fix the equipment of countries already in the list.

Once that's all updated to a more realistic state, we can start adding additional countries.

3rd parties could also do this ofcourse. Which is much preferred by me cause ED then has more time improving the simulation environment itself.

(bugfixing etc etc)

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

THIS _ IS _ SPARTA :D

i mean DCS World

(almost) everything is possible :lol:

DONT pull at peoples heartstrings like that, posting f-16 pics and what not

Ouch!!!! Wadda hell? :surrender: well you owe me an explanation now? :D

Told you :smilewink::)

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

...because you spent the time posting this thread advocating it instead of making it? :D

Does Eagle dynamic will accept it after?:huh:

http://104thphoenix.com/ "Failure Is Not An Option" - Online Combat Simulation Since 1997

www.youtube.com/user/AntonioGR201 www.twitch.tv/104th_Tiger www.facebook.com/TIGER.GR.Tiger/

Discord: 104th_Tiger#1883

Does Eagle dynamic will accept it after?:huh:

Quite possibly.

The thing is that while it is very simple to make the actual faction(lua files), it takes a lot of time and effort to research national specifics(especially medals) and make the associated artwork(medals, ranks and patches) for the pilotlog. So if you can make a mod bundle of a sufficiently high quality to be used directly, then I don't see why they wouldn't.

JJ

The English didn't come from Greece they evolved from beer, the Welsh from sheep and the Scots just magically appeared when someone mentioned beer and sheep.

As for Greece in DCS why not, they're best mates Turkey already are so having Greece gives us even more grudge missions to make. :D

lol Frostie you made me proper chuckle. How are ya mate long time no see...

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Some asked why Greece should be included in DCS wondering what Greece has to offer. Greece has no money so they are easy target, they are not a worthy opponent etc. Here is one of the many reasons why:

http://eu.greekreporter.com/2013/04/02/two-greeks-among-natos-top-pilots/

People seem to forget that it's not the guns that win the wars. It's the spirit of those that fight with them. Inside NATO there are many countries that have millions of people to choose who would be their best pilots. Inside NATO there are countries that are producing the armaments and know their inside out. They know all their strengths and all their weaknesses. And yet, the two best pilots amongst NATO's nations are two young men coming from this small country.

pls no political shit in this forum : )

And no bad words.....that is the first rule.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

don't worry, russians like Vipers too - they are making this mod (WIP) :thumbup:

file.php?id=913&mode=view

From the MFCD displays, this is a FC3 mod currently, not a DCS right ? any intention for DCS quality level ?

Edited by sungsam

DCS F16C 52+ w JHMCS ! DCS AH64D Longbow !

To the people who are citing time as a reason, let's not forget that the core of the Greek forces is essentially the same as all other NATO nations - we already have F-16 Block 52, Mirage 2000-5s and F-4Es for fighters, C-130H for loads, plus the army flies AH-64A and D, CH-47s, aaand big plus they fly the very UH-1H we're now polishing/crashing :D The core of ground forces is also that very same NATO inventory (with a few Russian additions here and there).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but all there is to it are the medals, roundels and skins, no?

To the people who are citing time as a reason, let's not forget that the core of the Greek forces is essentially the same as all other NATO nations - we already have F-16 Block 52, Mirage 2000-5s and F-4Es for fighters, C-130H for loads, plus the army flies AH-64A and D, CH-47s, aaand big plus they fly the very UH-1H we're now polishing/crashing :D The core of ground forces is also that very same NATO inventory (with a few Russian additions here and there).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but all there is to it are the medals, roundels and skins, no?

Yes its primarily the pilotlog items and dedicated paint schemes + research thats time consuming - adding the contry entity as such and assigning it existing units is pretty straight forward and relatively quick.

JJ

not only Greece, but any country or fictional country.. there must be a new country system users can manually add/remove at will in DCS to avoid unnecessary voting topics like that

+1 some peoples get sick when opening lua files :D (not me)

Strike Posture Set CAS Center of Excellence

Intel Core i5 4690k @4,6Ghz, Gigabyte GTX 970 OC, Gigabyte Z97-X, 16GB G Skill Sniper @2400, Samsung 860/850 EVO , Win 10 64 bits, Dual monitors 27"@144"Opentrack + TM Warthog + Saitek pro flight combat 

• 5 months later...

Recently Australia was added in DCS World. No problem with that. Although I cannot see the reason why countries like Armenia, Azerbaijan or Iran whice are in close distance to the current operations theatre are not in the game. Greece also would be an amazing addition. It has one of the strongest NATO armies and the unique characteristic of using new or older Russian weapons (S-300, Tor-M1, Kornet antitank missile, OSA-AKM,BMP-1,ZU-23) together with the latest western (Leopard-2,Longbow Apache, MLRS etc). Adding Greek-Cypriot military forces with T-80U and BMP-3 gives even bigger variety. I hope in the next versions of the game ED will add these countries which offer great realism to the Caucasus region!

• Like 1