F-18 grip, WARTHOG compatible

Sure. I have several completed models of outer shells. That means I just need hollow them out to fit in buttons/switches and electronics. That will be the easier part. The hardest thing to do are the complex shapes of the grips.

As of now I have completed shells for the following:

F-18 grip

F-15 grip

F-14A and F-14D grip and throttles

Eurofighter Typhoon throttles

Ka-50 cyclic and collective

P-51, P-40 grip (and others that use the same type)

Bf 109 grip

Fw 190 grip

I think that's it for now.

sticksm.jpg

Edited by hegykc
  • Like 2

Damn....I just had to get the x65. Looks lkke I may have to pick up a warthog (stick only) so I can partake of your goodies. Damn...that didn't sound right....lol

Asrock z68 Extreme4Gen3

Intel i5-2500K

8GB ram

EVGA GTX 770 4GB

Creative Recon3d Fatality Champion

HDD's

320 GB Maxtor 7200RPM (OS and misc system files)

1 TB Hitachi 7200 RPM (games and music, storage)

64 GB Sandisk u100 SSD (Star Wars and DCS world 1.2.7)

Trackir 4

Saitek X65F:joystick:

Saitek X52 (Use flightstick for helo and WWII Sims, but X65 throttle)

CH Pro pedals

Thrustmaster MFD's

Logitech X5500 Speakers

Sennheiser PC360 Headphones

Win 7 Home Premium (64 Bit)

3d models looking good. Can't wait to see how the product itself ends up. F15 or 18 grip is definetly of interest

Grip is a twist off so that's easy swap. The throttles however is a disassembly of factory device. so I'm guess his will be personal responsibility and obviously will void any kind of warranty

Anton.

My pit build thread .

Simple and cheap UFC project

I just disassembled mine, no chance of braking anything. With a picture guide it would be a 5-6 step process, under 10 minutes, disconnecting two connectors - removing A-10 throttles - mounting X throttles - reconnecting two connectors. It's pretty basic actually.

But, the left throttle has a fixed number of inputs, one button and one switch. I don't think it would be useful for any other airplane?

P.S. There's going to be problems and obstacles along the way obviously. But the main thing is for something to start happening. Once I get some prototypes done, some molds, do some castings etc. Proof of concept, proof of market = someone will start noticing :music_whistling:

Edited by hegykc

Great! Keep us informed, thanks

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

I hope I won't make you guys repeat, but would the stick be a basi «plug and play» on the thrustmaster warthog (stick only, i guess throttle would be harder to install).

Ktulu

Inside Tm Warthog/Cougar/F22PRO stick grip has a "multiplexer" circuit that need be "transplanted" to new grip. So is not possible a new just bolt on "pnp" grip.

http://www.simhq.com/_technology3/images/technology_174a_018t.jpg

Even for 4 button KG-13 or 3 button P-51 grip.

Without this circuit the Warthog dont "boot up".

Sokol1

There is no micro-controllers inside the stick, just some simple electronics. Of course the board would have to be replicated and I plan to do just that.

So the stick would in fact be "bolt on" and "plug'n'play". That's the plan anyway.

Also, I remember someone doing i replacement grip even without any electronics inside, still worked, but reckognized only one button.

What price point are we looking at here? Or is that yet to be determined? I'd def have interest in a F-18 grip.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

• 2 weeks later...