F-18 grip, WARTHOG compatible

Im very interested in your Stick! Resin would be such a great choice.

The only question for me is of course the Price and the way to pay. Are you thinking about a Website with some options like MasterCard, paypal, Visa and so on?

Great Work btw ;)

Regards

Griffon26

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Never parachute into an area you've just bombed

You never have too much fuel, unless you burn.

Get something out for us as soon as you can and see how we will support:)

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

Sorry for the silence folks, but as usual, silence means work.

Turned out an industrial size non-metal laser cutter is a big priority. There will be engravings on the grips and a panel on the throttles, along with actual cockpit panels I plan on making. Also my custom 3d printer is 80% laser cut plexiglass and many other tools and jigs also. I had plans to outsource the cutting, but quantities became too large, or their lasers too small and too expensive.

So, for the last month or two I've been designing my own 2x3m laser cutter, which will in turn be used to make several 3d printers and panels and engravings needed on all the products. There's also a custom packaging foam cutting machine, cnc painting machine and many other tools I need to design and fabricate myself in order to make this project industrially and financially viable. That is, on the scale I have in mind at least.

Parts are arriving, things are in motion. But, in that 1% chance the large scale plan doesn't work out, I'll just switch to plan B and start producing these on a smaller scale, with some outsourcing and with a little less profit.

So don't worry. They're coming one way or the other. I have some backups, so in case my laser cutter runs into problems or delays, I have already outsourced parts for a few 3d printers so I can proceed with the grips themselves. They should be operational next month, so I hope to have functioning warthog grips out there by the end of this year.

Excellent news!! I'm in for at least one of everything!:thumbup:

Hey! I've followed this post for a while now, intermittently. It's been in my Firefox favorites bar since I first came across it!

My question is - and I don't believe I've seen the answer - how will this interface with the existing hardware?

I'm not a novice when it comes to hardware and software - but I am certainly no expert.

I can kinda see how the stick will be easily replaceable - it'll slot into the same (what looks like) PS/2 connector in the base. Does the base have the brains inside it as to what buttons are being actuated or does it just act like a passthrough for custom USB drivers on Windows (To allow more/less hats, more/less buttons etc)... or is the limitation the number of hats/buttons already existing the default A10C stick?

That should be the easier one I think...

When it comes to the throttle base: I assume some user disassembly will be required. It doesn't look too difficult but is there any way of a quick switch system (for those who have been inside already). Secondly - a similar question to above - are we limited to the buttons which already exist or will there be a possibility to add rotaries etc to control radars etc...

Thanks for your time

Does the base have the brains inside it as to what buttons are being actuated or does it just act like a passthrough for custom USB drivers on Windows (To allow more/less hats, more/less buttons etc)... or is the limitation the number of hats/buttons already existing the default A10C stick?

The answer is in this post.

The grip just contains a bunch of shift registers which are being read by the base, so the number of buttons is fixed (of course you can build a grip with less buttons if you want to).

Now that the Mirage 2000 is in preorder, what about a mirage stick ? A lot of my mates and I would instabuy. Would be a great plus for the sim.

It may worth a try to contact RAZBAM to see if they are interested in taking part in this project...

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

Resin wold be a good choice to keep cost down, it's good to see additional grips being produced, I don't know why Thrustmaster never fully exploited this ability going back to the HOTAS Cougar originally, the do different wheel rims for their T500, T300 and TX steering wheels and as a Fanatec user I love the quick release that allows me to hot swap to a rim that suits the car I'm driving.

Now that the Mirage 2000 is in preorder, what about a mirage stick ? A lot of my mates and I would instabuy. Would be a great plus for the sim.

It may worth a try to contact RAZBAM to see if they are interested in taking part in this project...

A French mob called "Tarmac Aces" used to make a great Mirage 2000 stick. Might be able to get them to start up again if Hegykc isn't planning one?

Ian;2481703']The answer is in this post.

The grip just contains a bunch of shift registers which are being read by the base, so the number of buttons is fixed (of course you can build a grip with less buttons if you want to).

Ok so there is a maximum.. At least our stick has a lot of buttons!

I am guessing the throttle will be similar then? And as such no chance of fitting s rotary or two on there for radar controls?

Cheers

So don't worry. They're coming one way or the other. I have some backups, so in case my laser cutter runs into problems or delays, I have already outsourced parts for a few 3d printers so I can proceed with the grips themselves. They should be operational next month, so I hope to have functioning warthog grips out there by the end of this year.

Great to hear hegykc. You can definitely put me down for a WWII 109/190 stick, especially if flipping the firing button cover on the real grip can be programmed to flip it up on the sim. I will definitely be buying multiple grips for my favorites as the funds become available, though I guess the F-18 grip is going to be the initial one produced at the beginning since that's likely to be the most popular. I'm also eyeballing that ejection handle and trying to figure out how I'll attach it to an Obutto seat.

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

You can definitely put me down for a WWII 109/190 stick, especially if flipping the firing button cover on the real grip can be programmed to flip it up on the sim.

This will be nice - need only a extra hidden switch under the trigger to send this command, but only DCS Bf109 K-4 and Mig-15 (and Ka-50) would benefit from this, since are the ones that need manually command the unfold trigger before use - as in real planes, and can be put up in safety position.

Others, like DCS Fw 190 D-9, Bf 109/Fw 190/Ju87 in other games (BoS) use the dumb press the joystick trigger, then the in cockpit trigger fold down, release, fold up, rise and repeat - very 'gamey".

:huh:

In CloD Bf 109/110/Ju 87 is automatically unfolded by 1st. trigger press and remain, no way to turn back to safety position.

EDIT - Mig-21 trigger (in game) is unfolded by cannon arm button - a solution to please the casual "triggerhappy virpilov". :noexpression:

Edited by Sokol1_br

I'm coming in here way late, but is this stick and throttle available anywhere? I tried to search the web but didn't come up with anything. I want to show it to a friend that flies in our group. He's an American airlines pilot but does consultation work for a simulator company. He is very interested in F18 stuff for himself. He is working on a pit and this would be great, not to mention I'm interested in it for myself.

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals