DCS: Mi-8MTV-2

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very cool, before long I will be rated (badly) in multiple helos. :)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Looks great already. These cockpits are right on par with the kind of work ED has been putting out! Belsimtek, you guys/gals are really setting the bar high for the rest of the 3rd party devs! Keep it up.

Intel i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz w/ H70 liquid cooler, ASRock PRO3-M Z68 Mobo, 32G 1600Mhz Mushkin RAM, EVGA GTX970 4GB , OCZ Agility 3 128g SSD, SanDisk 240g SSD, Win7 64-bit

--Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/livingfood --

another truck? DCS truck series.

Each to their own. I'm really excited about this one. Can't wait.

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

Looks like me trying to hover the Huey:megalol:

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

The only way to fly - Flying it like he Stole it!

Pilot's got skill :thumbup:

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

i just thought of an idea.. DCS could implement a whole new game although it would take energy,money and from this perspective could not be a wise investment..but hear me out.. piloting the medical Huey or Hippo in a big city.. you are stationed in big Hospital with their H-landing place and go after heavy accident places to pick up the injured people and bring them to hospital.. you would be rated by speed, comfort of piloting the victims.. and bringing them safely to hospital regardless of weather, day/night etc..

We had something like that in the SimCopter or whatever the game was called, i would enjoy it again.. with DCS quality.. wow, we can do Fire-Extinguishing chopper, medical chopper, what else.. mountain rescue.. civilian cargo carrier ..

i just thought of an idea.. DCS could implement a whole new game although it would take energy,money and from this perspective could not be a wise investment..but hear me out.. piloting the medical Huey or Hippo in a big city.. you are stationed in big Hospital with their H-landing place and go after heavy accident places to pick up the injured people and bring them to hospital.. you would be rated by speed, comfort of piloting the victims.. and bringing them safely to hospital regardless of weather, day/night etc..

We had something like that in the SimCopter or whatever the game was called, i would enjoy it again.. with DCS quality.. wow, we can do Fire-Extinguishing chopper, medical chopper, what else.. mountain rescue.. civilian cargo carrier ..

:thumbup:

Now I would buy that.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

The mission editor can be build that mission type by scripts. Other features (Medevac, fire extinguish, Hoist, etc) require new 3D model (internal and external) and code them.

To improve them you no required a new game, only boost the civilian part of DCS:W (planned on them). We can open a Thread with Civilian features on the wishlist section.

Same here, take on was a little disapointing.

Yep, this was exactly what I was hoping take on would develop too, or at least get an expansion to allow us to do it.

Back on topic though, I love the look of this aircraft. I can't wait to fly her, again after seeing what Belsimtek has done with the Huey, this is a day 1 purchase for me.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

although it would be funny to watch us simmers try to land this mother on a small spot inside a city with all the traffic and all..

of course such a game should be in a much smaller theatre than now, something like 30x50km space.. so you have your mega-city modelled (Kiev, Warsaw, or Berlin etc) and surrounding villages and inter-town roads.. with a much higher fidelity than DCS maybe even better fidelity than Arma..

i mean, what i'm trying to say is, ED is hardly taking advantage of their products in a gaming sense... they make great simulated machines-Belsimtek included of course, but i think they have trouble Game-inizing them in a proper way.. in civilian heli arena one need totally new interface with all kinds of interesting stuff like(heli management game,where you have other firms in the city offering rides in helis as well, so you have money management kinda game coupled with flying the heli, buying new models, or buying addons that make the heli more capable, more multirole, like you start with normal Mi-8, than hauls cargo, then you can buy the medical upgrade and you get more money to serve the hospitals, or buy the fire-extinguishing equipment to put out fires in high-rise buildings or forests.. the fact remains this is a sphere of the gaming world not really simulated machine world.. DCS performs greatly to provide a highly detailed machine..not so much when it comes to the actual gaming world with all the nuances that draws the player in to make more "game money, respect, points, or whatever.. this is whats needed to draw other non-simmers in the game.. and i think there is allot of money to be made in such a market..

i know by a fact many people that would enjoy a non-military simulation but a much more interesting civilian stuff and management and money stuff involved in the sim game so to be more immersive .. to think how many people played and still are playing managment games where you manage railways, city building, transport building(bus lanes, trams, etc..) to actually have the ability to start as a pilot and earn "money" for each delivery.. get a loan at a bank, buy a better addon for the heli, get a better job, get more money, buy another heli etc.. get a new pilot employed to work for you, ..do some other stuff that can be thought of by game developers to make it more interesting to battle other heli-offers by your competition in the mega-city and become the best company that offers heli-transport, medical emergency services etc..

of course its not needed to be exactly like this, just trying to picture a civilian managemet simulation actualy simmer flying and immersive gameplay that would draw in a much bigger audiance than hardcore military simmers .. which means much more $$$ intake flows and even more heli offered to us.. so many choppers only one Arnold to yell.. aawwww.. "Get to the chopper(s?))