F/A-18C Discussion

GodsPrototype

I'm sure many of you have seen that ED is working on the F/A-18C. Personally, I am very exited about this product, and I cannot wait to start flying this beast. Always have been a big fan of the F/A-18's. What do you guys think? How do you think it will compare to the VRS Superbug?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well now, if CV ops are modeled somewhat well then this will be cool. Gonna have to model a cat shot for one thing. I dont wanna fly a land-locked Hornet.

How will it compare to VRS? Much better as this Hornet will be within a COMBAT sim, whereas, the VRS SHornet is not within a tactical combat sim (FSuX). I have argued to death with delusional and misguided folks in the VRS community how the VRS SHornet is NOT a tactical combat sim, but they are in la la land, complete ignorance and/or denial.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

It will be much better than VRS, I think DCS are better than anyone at what they do. For one I want the F/A 18-C more than a superhornet as there is much more chance of correctly simulated systems flight model etc..... But mainly you cant use weapons properly in FSX so a Hornet in DCS World with carrier ops SEAD TARCAP CAPS etc... is something to definitely get excited about. I cant wait...Lets hope we get a remodelled Carl Vinson though.....

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

How will it compare to VRS? Much better as this Hornet will be within a COMBAT sim, whereas, the VRS SHornet is not within a tactical combat sim (FSuX).

Didn't you use to be psyched about TacPac? What has changed?

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Ohh yeah they better get us a new Carl Vinson or any type of Nimitz class carrier. DCS is heading towards becoming an even more amazing simulator! CAN'T WAIT!

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=94907

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Well now, if CV ops are modeled somewhat well then this will be cool. Gonna have to model a cat shot for one thing. I dont wanna fly a land-locked Hornet.

How will it compare to VRS? Much better as this Hornet will be within a COMBAT sim, whereas, the VRS SHornet is not within a tactical combat sim (FSuX). I have argued to death with delusional and misguided folks in the VRS community how the VRS SHornet is NOT a tactical combat sim, but they are in la la land, complete ignorance and/or denial.

Dude dont knock the hard working guys at VRS, it wasn't that long ago we had absolutely nothing of that level of detail in FSX or even FS. Sure it does not yet have mission editors and campaigns yet but given time I'm sure someone will find a way. And those guys aint delusional, misguided or ignorant at all, they've done an awesome job so far so don't crap on the Hard working VRS devs Dude!

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Subs17, re-read the post you responded to.

He hasn't said a single word about the VRS devs. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Honestly, this is just the truth of the situation, SUBS17.

Dude dont knock the hard working guys at VRS, it wasn't that long ago we had absolutely nothing of that level of detail in FSX or even FS. Sure it does not yet have mission editors and campaigns yet but given time I'm sure someone will find a way. And those guys aint delusional, misguided or ignorant at all, they've done an awesome job so far so don't crap on the Hard working VRS devs Dude!

I think that he was talking about the VRS fans, not the devs. I'm sure we all respect VRS.

But let's face it, the ESP engine that is used for FSX is just outdated and not suitable for combat simulation. They can create add-ons etc., but this often just creates more problems. ED is actively working with 3rd party devs creating actual modules themselves of amazing quality. I honestly think that VRS won't be able to compete against DCS: F/A-18C or F/A-18E because the devs have much more resources, and a better sim to work with.

Question: Does anyone have any kind of estimate on when the newest module COULD possibly be released? How long did it take for the A-10C to be completed? We could make some kind of estimate, am I right? I am not asking for a release date, I know it can take long, but it's worth the wait.

Edited by GodsPrototype
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

To clarify on my remarks of VRS TacPack and SHornet as I own both.

VRS has done a fantastic job of it within the severe constraints of a broken and unfinished non-combat-sim platform (FSuX). But it is essentially a hack. And it is NOT, nor will it likely ever be, a tactical combat sim. But nobody over there seems to grasp that.

So I gave up on them and that sim and am back to FBMS until DCS can give us a new hardcore Fast Mover. When we get one, I can tell you that alot of Falcon fliers I know will come over to this platform for good. FBMS is just too long in the tooth.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

Requisite get pumped video...(imagine they are Cs)

I should tell you AV8R that my wife and daughter really like the music. It's not my speed but it will do. ;) Bring on the F/A-18C !!!

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

(imagine they are Cs)

Quite a few of them are. ;)

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Question: Does anyone have any kind of estimate on when the newest module COULD possibly be released? How long did it take for the A-10C to be completed? We could make some kind of estimate, am I right? I am not asking for a release date, I know it can take long, but it's worth the wait.

We can write this year off, so q2 2014 and onwards into 2015. Which is great, because the Oculus rift will be out for sometime and ED can deliver the support for it. And THAT will be worth the wait.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

With FSX and TACPAC you're looking at a combat mod that is evolving and its still in its early stages. So jumping the gun and saying that it could never be a combat sim is wrong because there are people working on it to make it a combat sim. You cannot compare any other addon aircraft to FBMS F-16 except the VRS SH because it is that accurately modelled and is very detailed. Also carrierops with the use of vLSO is the most realistic that is available at the moment nothing else comes close. With the SDK you can expect alot of devs to add MP capability and weapons to their addons and it will add life to FSX. Later on if VRS decides to do the same for Prepare3d then we can expect some even bigger projects involving combat. Remember FSX has a global map and also with the SDK ships, helicopters, tanks and aircraft can be armed and made MP combat capable. With prepare3d submarine warfare is also possible.:thumbup:

As for DCS F/A-18C I'm definately looking forward to this addon and I have no doubt that it would have quite good carrierops. My advice to ED is talk to FSXNAVYPILOT at FSDT forums as hes the guy who made vLSO so that he could make a DCS version which would be good if it logged all of our traps in our logbooks along with grades.:thumbup:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]