resizing edited photos to the mission briefings?

pbpullman

I'm taking screenshots of the flight plan and target areas for my missions, then using PhotoShop to add arrows and highlights where I see necessary, such as SEAD and CAP cover. The problem is that when I resize the images to 516x516 (or whatever the value is supposed to be), the arrows and lettering always appear scrunched and very hard to read. This happens whether I use "smart resizing", keeping the photo's aspect ratio, or hard resizing to the square 516x516 format. One problem I might be having is that I'm using an old version, PSP 7.0, a 32-bit application. This can't possibly be the problem, can it? Can anyone suggest how to produce crisp, readable images even after resizing?

The bigger the image you start with, the crisper it will be when you resize it for a DCS briefing graphic.

I've done a lot of this. Work with an image that is basically square to start off with so that you don't find yourself drawing outside the borders, and as large as is practical. Use a great free program called Ifranview to resize it to 512 x 512.

Thank you Bagher. It seems I started out with pretty large images... I mean screen shots get saved at greater than 2000x 1600 or close to that. I think my stinking version of PSP is the problem, so I'm going with your suggestion and trying Ifranview.

It's a wonderful little free image manipulation program that's been around forever. Use Image/Resize then simply choose pixels as your unit of measurement under "Set new size" and make sure you keep the original aspect ratio. Let me know if you have any problems.