Unzip file to your DCS-World folder

Cheers

Atop the midnight tarmac,

a metal beast awaits.

To be flown below the radar,

to bring the enemy his fate.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist

While you LoD gentlemen are here, the Tu-95MS needs some help. I was intercepting one, saw it at a distance, only to have it disappear before my eyes as I zoomed in. :lol:

I think the skin goes from black to white abruptly.

Screen_130310_210935_zpsce5b447c.jpg

Screen_130310_210936_zpsc7434334.jpg

Win10 x64 | SSDs | i5 2500K @ 4.4 GHz | 16 GB RAM | GTX 970 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pedals | TIR5

While you LoD gentlemen are here, the Tu-95MS needs some help. I was intercepting one, saw it at a distance, only to have it disappear before my eyes as I zoomed in. :lol:

I think the skin goes from black to white abruptly.

yes, i see the same

as i see from 17300 meters LOD4 model is made by some black sticks/lines

what/how should be this Tu-95/142 LOD4 better in your opinion ? (LOD0 is the most detailed model)

always black or "always" white in the distance ?

i think "always" light gray LOD4 should be the best

i hope HJ can correct this as well as the R-27

sign-pic4.jpg

The Su-33 model suffers from a similar problem, lods start too early and at a close range the aircraft texture goes from the normal skin to a dark grey one.

aha, i see

LOD1 visible from 270 meters but the radome is grey instead of white (LOD0 and LOD2 got white radome) maybe this radome is what you see "goes too early to grey" Mustang

LOD2 and LOD3 airframe is a bit dark naval blue

but that black stick LOD4 visible from 6840 meters (close range ? :D ) - and this should be naval blue instead of black i think - thats why we got the black pixel in the distance first (with all old CMD LOD4 models i guess)

Edited by NRG-Vampire

sign-pic4.jpg