DCS 1.2.3 Update Now Available

Wags

Next up is 1.2.4. Hopefully it will come out much quicker and with some exciting stuff.

Dusty Rhodes

Play HARD, Play FAIR, Play TO WIN

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at the giant list of fixes/additions.. If this is what ED considers a minor release (1.2.2 - 1.2.3) Then we are a very lucky community indeed.

What is 1.3 going to include!? The future seems bright..

Well done and thank you ED

1.2.4 is next, and it'll be HUEY time! :joystick:

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Ok, serious problems already, cannot play instant action missions for both A10-C and FC3 beta. I get a 'DCS world is not responding' message, then a crash and then I see the Debriefing screen, as if the mission has actually been played by me, and have tried many times. Briefly tried a SU-27 airborne start 'create quick mission', same 'DCS world is not responding' crash to debriefing, though have only tried this a few times as of yet.

Can Confirm that DCS world version now reads 1.2.3.9871 in bottom splash screen corner. I downloaded new FC3 module first and confirm it reads FC3 beta 1.2.3 now. Also downloaded A10C new module, confirm same version of 1.2.3.

Any thoughts? Not happy atm, lol. I have not been asked for keys with either yet, wonder if that is part of the problem? (I have them, obviously, is there a way I can manually start up the activation thing again and enter them if it is necessary?)

EDIT: I also own BS2 and will try this too, will report back.

EDIT 2: DISREGARD PREVIOUS COMMENTS. The problem is identified, I was running a two monitor setup for MFCD's etc......and the 'Options' for monitor setup had returned to default after new installation. Ok now, can play at least on one screen. Two monitor res however in options does not seem to be auto calculated anymore? Will try reboot.

Rgr Dragon will post in Bug section in future, thanks.

Edited by Biggles07

♫ ' Papa was a hairy mole.....Wherever he dug a den was his home ' ♫

Ok, serious problems already, cannot play instant action missions for both A10-C and FC3 beta. I get a 'DCS world is not responding' message, then a crash and then I see the Debriefing screen, as if the mission has actually been played by me, and have tried many times. Briefly tried a SU-27 airborne start 'create quick mission', same 'DCS world is not responding' crash to debriefing, though have only tried this a few times as of yet.

Can Confirm that DCS world version now reads 1.2.3.9871 in bottom splash screen corner. I downloaded new FC3 module first and confirm it reads FC3 beta 1.2.3 now. Also downloaded A10C new module, confirm same version of 1.2.3.

Any thoughts? Not happy atm, lol. I have not been asked for keys with either yet, wonder if that is part of the problem? (I have them, obviously, is there a way I can manually start up the activation thing again and enter them if it is necessary?)

Activation keys are checked during startup, should not be your issue.

I recommend a complete uninstall, backup Saved Games folder, delete it. And install everything again,

i7 8700K | GTX 1080 Ti | 32GB RAM | 500GB M.2 SSD | TIR5 w/ Trackclip Pro | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder

[sigpic]http://www.132virtualwing.org[/sigpic]

I recommend a complete uninstall, backup Saved Games folder, delete it. And install everything again,

I have edited the original post Dejjvid, thanks mate. Problem identified. Now can run quick missions fine (please see OP) :)

If you have a problem, please post it to the correct problem / bug thread or sub-forum. Posting it here will not help.

Sure wags, apologies as I didn't see the bug thread. Fixed anyway. :thumbup:

The autoupdater confused me too,, I thought (it was an auto-updater)... but apparently... I must have to do the old way... I hope when I run the new files it updates,, I just burned down to my 5th activation in 2 weeks because of my Win8 upgrade fiasco,, (in another thread), long extensive discussion about Win8, and activations, and accounts in Win8.

NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Per Wags, Auto updater will be operationnal in a little time, few hours at worst case !!!!!

My Activations are Checked when it's Launching from the DCS GUI to the Renderer (just before or after the splash screen).

Also, If you started downloading the Torrents Right away, there were linked to 1.2.2 for a lil bit after the announcement on the webpage links, So make sure the .torrent file says 1.2.3 in it.

The problem with crashing right as the render loads can be caused by installing a older module onto a newer DCSW Base, and vise versa.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Anyone knows ftp pass and login from download section? This download takes so long

just try a different ftp it should work. I know I got passworded on the german ones, but The Russian server worked fine.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Anyone knows ftp pass and login from download section? This download takes so long

There isnt one for Guest accounts, FTP is FULL, try again later, or goto torrents.

That is essentially correct.

As new things/capabilities are added to DCSW, so are problems with netcode - the more entities that you have which can take some action, the more network traffic is needed to deal with them.

In some cases, the engine might not be optimized to deal with that specific type of traffic.

For that reason, I personally believe that the netcode will always be a moving target.

Thanks,

Im pretty sure the Coding Priority was Stability over quantity, (<- That's My assumption, not an official response from ED at all)

ie, Stoppign the Crashes in MP, not making it 64 player capable. was the Goal.

Im pretty sure as the features all get finalized and as the Netcode is optimized further, the recommended Client counts will rise.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

That is essentially correct.

As new things/capabilities are added to DCSW, so are problems with netcode - the more entities that you have which can take some action, the more network traffic is needed to deal with them.

In some cases, the engine might not be optimized to deal with that specific type of traffic.

For that reason, I personally believe that the netcode will always be a moving target.

Ah i see thanks guys :)

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

That is probably the most accurate statement that has been made on the subject. :thumbup:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

So anyone notice something different with the landing on the F15C? My gear keeps going out under me. Anyone else notice this? I could do horrible landings before without problems and now 2nd time in a row those wheels go into the tarmac.

Is this a bug or a feature? (As in "Hey we made F15 landing more realistic so you can't just smack onto the runway) If the latter how would I now best go about it?