Problem: no MFCD display

happysleeper

Problem: both MFCDs don't display anything, as if they are not switched on (and they are). I don't know how and why this happens. I "messed" with multi-display configuration (tried to display MFCDs on additional screen with HELIOS) and then returned to the original one-display configuration (using the original LUA files). Since then the MFCDs display nothing!

However, when I switch the cockpit view (with Alt-F1) to a full screen, both MFCDs are on the screen.

Does somebody has any idea what's wrong?

Tnx in advance.

Edited by happysleeper

Did you change the monitor lua back to one screen in the options menu?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

When I had my MFCDs on a separate monitor, they were still present in the cockpit as well. What ever method you used clearly changed the monitor .lua. You need the original, unchanged .lua... My suggestion would be to DL and reinstall the most recent A-10C module. Then you will know the .lua is correct and original.

Matt

AMD FX8350 @ 4.2Ghz x 8, Asus M5A99FX Pro UEFI Board, 16Gb RAM @1600Mhz, EVGA GTX660 2Gb DDR5, 120Gig Corsair SSD SATA3 Boot Drive, Dual Corsair SSD FORCE 60Gig for gaming, TM Warthog HOTAS and Cougars, Saitek Proflight Pedals, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, and WAY Too much time on my hands. :pilotfly:

If they are missing in the normal in cockpit view, it sounds like you turned of the display in that view. Did you use a mod to do this?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

When I had my MFCDs on a separate monitor, they were still present in the cockpit as well.

Matt

A bit off-topic, but if you don't want to have duplicate MFCDs when you export your MFCD contents to separate monitors you can do this:

To get the incockpit MFCDs not to render, you can open file ViewportHandling.lua with Notepad++ and edit it (read instructions below).

Depending on your A-10C version, you can find ViewportHandling.lua in

Standalone versions (v1.1.1.1 and earlier):

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS A-10C\Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit\

DCS World:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit

(I supposed that your sim is installed onto drive C: and you used the default install path.)

Now comment out line 31 by adding the -- as highlighted in red below, and save.

purposes = {--render_purpose.GENERAL,

render_purpose.HUD_ONLY_VIEW,

render_purpose.SCREENSPACE_OUTSIDE_COCKPIT,

render_purpose.SCREENSPACE_INSIDE_COCKPIT} -- set purposes to draw it always

render_target_always = true

end

A bit off-topic, but if you don't want to have duplicate MFCDs when you export your MFCD contents to separate monitors you can do this:

icemaker's new EMC takes care of that for you too!! ;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Outstanding!!! Glad you're back up and running!

Matz

AMD FX8350 @ 4.2Ghz x 8, Asus M5A99FX Pro UEFI Board, 16Gb RAM @1600Mhz, EVGA GTX660 2Gb DDR5, 120Gig Corsair SSD SATA3 Boot Drive, Dual Corsair SSD FORCE 60Gig for gaming, TM Warthog HOTAS and Cougars, Saitek Proflight Pedals, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, and WAY Too much time on my hands. :pilotfly: