FC3 - Worth it?

Hi Folks,

I do have A-10C and the learning curve is pretty steep. Not that I'm not willing to learn, but sometime, I only want to play a little more simple game.

I know that FC3 is much more easy, but does it worth it, since the SU-25T comes with DCS:World?

There is a couple of new planes that could be cool...

Also, is the download really only 218MB ? Seems little to me...

Thanks to everyone.

- Delerium

If you want something simpler, i would say: Yes.

The download is only 218MB because everything else sits already in DCS World.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Thanks Folks,

I will give it a try I think...

One of the thing I was issue to learning in A10 Warthog is the MFCD control, it's complex to me ;)

But for sure. I am willing to learn, while having fun... 2 years ago, I did not even knew what "flap" and "trim" was, or ILS / VOR, etc, etc, etc...

Btw, does the HOTAS Warthhog is working great in FC3 ?

And what plane in FC3 would you try first? Maybe I should start with ground target instead of dogfight.

Thanks again for your input.

- Delerium

If you're looking for something a bit more laid back and casual by DCS standards then definitely get it. Plenty of planes and content that will keep you entertained for a while. Not to mention that you get to dogfight online against other fighters which is the best part of flaming cliffs 3.

Warthog HOTAS will work just fine in FC3. If you're looking for a bit more simpler CAS sorta thing, the A10A might be just up your alley. Otherwise, read up on the fighters and choose one to get really familiar with. The Su27 is nice and will give you lots of new toys to play with: HMS targeting, IRST passive detection and locking and a hell of a lot of missiles to play with and can even do strikes with rockets and bombs. THis will also set you up for flying the Su33 as it's so similar.

I finally bought it!

Wondering, I did not find any interactive missions (with key explain, etc) ....

I have downloaded the videos for Flight Shcool / A10A, but no mission where I can do as told.

Is that a separate download as well (can't find on DCS website).

Thanks alot guys!

- Del

I haven't seen any specific training missions, but if you take some notes from the videos and do instant action missions (or make your own basic mission), you can learn it very quickly.

i5-4670K@4.5GHz / 16 GB RAM / SSD / GTX1080

Rift CV1 / G-seat / modded FFB HOTAS

simple key instruction's are simplified so to use Mav as such turn on key #7 for A10a or missles SU25, 25t, then move the reticle over the target hold button down 2 seconds launch..Theres is a PDF in there with the key bindings.

Edited by Mastiff

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

"ha" when did they take FC3 off of Beta?

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

"ha" when did they take FC3 off of Beta?

It is still in beta.

Purchases are pre-orders with beta access as a perk.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Thanks EtherealLN. I'm advertising this Game. Sim allot now because I know some people that cant handle a study sim, there more of the shoot and spray and pray kind of crowed..:thumbup:

Every single product of ED is worth every single penny! I don't own all of the products but I highly endorse the rest.

Even though there are "better" "games" this isn't a game, its a simulator that takes time to learn and since it takes more than a brain to produces its not going to be flawless. I believe ED is going beyond what other "games" have out there! Other "games" are like movies, you go see a movie and its over with, even though you might seen that movie more than once, you still get the same results with little to no effort. That might be a not so good analogy but I hope you understand my point.

FC3 worth the money, there are hiccups(all other "games" have them") currently but its being worked out. I see in the future, this company will endure and only increase popularity.

Here's my opinion in what you might see in the future. ED DCS's can bring forth all of the aspects of "gaming online shooters, vehicular combat, infantry operations, aerial assaults, ground/air support, building bases/scenarios, improved graphics, more realism, battlefield virtual reality brought to you in your arm chair :D, dynamics in all aspects, and much much more.

Edited by Raised_Dead85

|Windows 8 64bit|I7-950| |X58Mobo| |1T HDD| |18gigs PC3-16000 TC 2000mhz||Nvidia GTX 660 Ti Graphics||Cougar HOTAS-CHPedals/TIR5ProClip|

When it was first released (early beta), it was barely worth the price IMO. Now? With additional features, 6DOF cockpits, Advanced Missile Models etc..it noticably stands out from the older FC1/FC2 series. So, yes, now it's definatelly worth it. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World

Absolutely worth it ... I haven't played it as much as I'd like to, but the missiles modelling is better (and set to improve), the 6DOF and the general look is much improved. Plus its still in beta so things will only get better :)

Only down side is no more Crimea.

allso the Higher resolution ground textures I have noticed too..

Thanks ED for your hard work on updateing this! :thumbup: