FC3 installation

yeah- no winning here. No matter what I do- there's an error. I have base lomac installed. That's all I should have to do. FC3 will not install as mentioned above.

Tried installing FC2. That error says- FC1.1 not found.

Installed FC1- starfarce error. Both FC's are now uninstalled. Getting irritated now..

make sure your updated with the patches as-well. 1.12b

FC1 gold

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

make sure your updated with the patches as-well. 1.12b

FC1 gold

You do not need anything beyond LOMAC for an installation of FC3. Something else is at issue here.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

You do not need anything beyond LOMAC for an installation of FC3. Something else is at issue here.

It worked for the last guy!

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

You have installed either your DSC WORLD into the wrong folder or you have installed Lomac Basic into the wrong folder If you are using a 64bit OP system DCS World need to be installed OUTSIDE of a C: Programs files(86) folder I am not sure but just a guess your lomac basic installed into a different folder. I did not have to use my activation key to do this either.

• ED Team

Fixed FC3 installer is coming.

-----------------------------------------------------

Old post:

There's a possibility that the LOMAC registry entry lacks necessary access rights.

You need to make sure the rights are OK.

It requires some advanced user actions though:

1) Start regedit.exe

2) Locate the key
 64-bit Windows: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Ubisoft\Eagle Dynamics\Lock On
 32-bit Windows: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Ubisoft\Eagle Dynamics\Lock On

3) For each subkey, that is: 
Ubisoft', then 'Eagle Dynamics', then 'Lock On'
right click -> Permissions -> Advanced: make sure there's no 'Deny' rules.
If there's some, delete them, but only 'Deny' ones.

This should help.

If that's the case, this is the only solution. It can't be fixed in the installer.

Most probably you have an 'Ultimate' or 'Enterprise' version of Windows and they ship with the most strict security settings, which seem to clash with old LOMAC installer.

Edited by c0ff

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

Thanks for the attempt. I do not have the option to select

3) For each subkey, that is:

Ubisoft', then 'Eagle Dynamics', then 'Lock On' right click -> Permissions -> Advanced: make sure there's no 'Deny' rules. If there's some, delete them, but only 'Deny' ones.

regedit.thumb.jpg.ebc391643ef5d192d1c6cd260764dbff.jpg

I was all set to purchase FC3 beta when I realized I needed a prior version installed on my machine - some outdated POS that is not even available from DCS. I'm new to DCS and don't own any earlier titles. What is the purpose of making new users jump through hoops so they can install FC3? Will this remain the case when the final product is available? Can someone explain this to me? :dunno:

I was all set to purchase FC3 beta when I realized I needed a prior version installed on my machine - some outdated POS that is not even available from DCS. I'm new to DCS and don't own any earlier titles. What is the purpose of making new users jump through hoops so they can install FC3? Will this remain the case when the final product is available? Can someone explain this to me? :dunno:

Ubisoft are assholes, does that help?

More seriously they own the rights to LOMAC, therefore any evolutions of Lock on are addons and require ubi.

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

....some outdated POS that is not even available from DCS......

What gave you that idea?

http://lockon.co.uk/index.php?end_pos=1322&scr=shop

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Ubisoft are assholes, does that help?

More seriously they own the rights to LOMAC, therefore any evolutions of Lock on are addons and require ubi.

It confuses me all to hell. Is FC3 a DCS World module? Is ED trying to engage new customers with it? If 'yes' to either, then a new installation path for NOOBs should be apparent and available on DCS World. If I've just missed something obvious - rub my nose in it... I'll be thankful!

My DCS E-Shop link gives me this:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?end_pos=1322&scr=shop&lang=en

(PS - and I'm thankful for you pointing me at the lockon store.. but I'm annoyed that I have it looks like regardless, I have to have Lock On Modern Air Combat installed, which appears to be on CD only. It's Sunday afternoon here and I was hoping to download and run FC3 today on my day off. That's not going to happen since it appears I have to first get a physical CD)

Edited by Odourboy

It confuses me all to hell. Is FC3 a DCS World module?

Yes.

Purchase LOMAC from E-Bay or the lockon shop. Install anywhere and forget about it. Thereafter you can install FC3 as you would any other DCS Module.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'