Helo?

I understand that FC3 is owned by Ubisoft and has a bit of legal red tape around it. That being said is it possible to "plug in" a FC3 level helo to FC3 and the property still be owned solely by ED or a third party publisher.

Here is a thought..... What if Ubisoft starts making FC3 aircraft again (through developers)? DCS Blackshark started as a FC3 add on. Is there a chance there is a FC1 or 2 (to be upgraded to 3) version tucked in a server somewhere?

I wish the third party people (or ED) would consider making a FC3 level Ka50. I know I am not the only one that has requested this.

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I wouldn't rule out an FC3 level of fidelity helo though. It would just be an addon for DCSWorld.

Bingo! :)

Quicksilver, there's no reason why an FC-level fidelity helicopter, if made, would have to be put into FC. FC3 is a DCS World module. Would this be a module onto a module? Why do that instead of just having it be a separate module? :)

As for when and if we would get such a module, I suspect that is a matter for the market research people at ED, TFC and any Partner developers that have an interest in making it. I could, for example, see it as a viable thing to consider for the simplifications that may be necessary for some two-seat helicopters.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Bingo! :)

Quicksilver, there's no reason why an FC-level fidelity helicopter, if made, would have to be put into FC. FC3 is a DCS World module. Would this be a module onto a module? Why do that instead of just having it be a separate module? :)

As for when and if we would get such a module, I suspect that is a matter for the market research people at ED, TFC and any Partner developers that have an interest in making it. I could, for example, see it as a viable thing to consider for the simplifications that may be necessary for some two-seat helicopters.

Well I was actually hoping to see a FC3 level Blackshark. What a great way to get people into helo combat that don't have the time to study the DCS version.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

FC> Standalone: FC Level Aircraft Fight each other or AI = OK

DCS> Standalone: DCS Level Aircraft Fight each other or AI = OK

FC Level Aicraft Fight DCS Level Aicraft = is not OK in my opinion

it gives advantage to the FC level aircraft caused by easy flight model and extremly shortcuted systems controlability for the Pilot.

Same for Helicopters.

ISE

• Like 1

"Blyat Naaaaa" - Izlom

The advantage would go to the DCS aircraft. They can use the extremes of the envelope better, and their systems will tend to do more for the pilot.

it gives advantage to the FC level aircraft caused by easy flight model and extremly shortcuted systems controlability for the Pilot.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I guess I didn't think it took that long to get the Shark up and moving, especially in game mode. When you factor in the autostart, the hardest part about working the Shark (i.e. actually flying it) doesn't seem like it'd be that much easier if you took out the details that make DCS what it is. The only way it'd get that much easier is if you put a Novalogic Comanche 4-style chopper in the game.

Personally I am against it; because there is only a limited amount of resources available for development.

Thus I would prefer if it all goes to DCS level aircraft.

I think a FC level helicopter, especially AH 64/Mi 28/AH 1 would be nice; but it would take manpower away from the development of DCS modules.

ED have given the sim community FC3 to bolster the number of aircraft in DCS world. That I think is great. But now they should focus on the highest fidelity possible.

Bare in mind that the level of difficulty of DCS aircraft can be reduced in the options menu any way. And maybe there should even be an arcade mode server somewhere.

DCS World could revolutionize the PC sim world, if it hasn't already. I hope more and more aircraft get produced and that it will draw in more and more people in.

FC> Standalone: FC Level Aircraft Fight each other or AI = OK

DCS> Standalone: DCS Level Aircraft Fight each other or AI = OK

Same for Helicopters.

ISE

FC planes don't have an "easy flight model". They have a Simple/Standard Flight Model. There is a key difference there; the effect is that they'll sit pretty good most parts of the envelope, but you won't be able to ride the edge of envelope the way the "DCS level" can. Advantage goes to DCS level pilot.

FC planes also have simplified avionics, which means that a lot of extremely useful functions are absent, whereas the DCS level aircraft will have all those fancy extra thingies, meaning that the DCS level aircraft is a lot more capable. Thus: advantage to the DCS level pilot.

The only time where the "FC level" pilot would have the advantage would be if we are comparing two pilots that both didn't want to nor could spend much time learning. So the FC guy gets a quicker start, but when he hits the "ceiling" of what the aircraft can give him, the DCS pilot can continue learning cool functions that increase his effectiveness and SA.

Basically, the idea that FC vs DCS fights are an automatic advantage for the FC people is backwards and plain wrong. What FC and similar stuff however does do is open up the market to those that are simply too busy with work, family etcetera to delve deep into study sims. It's not uncommon for people to only have a few hours per week to themselves after all work and family obligations are covered.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

as EtherealN 's example.

for example I was in a A10A, Furious was in a A10C, he could pull out of the dive way easier that I could.

I hit the ground he pulled up and away. So yea the AFM rides the air very well were-as the SFM doesn't. :thumbup:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

• 4 weeks later...
FC planes don't have an "easy flight model". They have a Simple/Standard Flight Model. There is a key difference there; the effect is that they'll sit pretty good most parts of the envelope, but you won't be able to ride the edge of envelope the way the "DCS level" can. Advantage goes to DCS level pilot.

FC planes also have simplified avionics, which means that a lot of extremely useful functions are absent, whereas the DCS level aircraft will have all those fancy extra thingies, meaning that the DCS level aircraft is a lot more capable. Thus: advantage to the DCS level pilot.

The only time where the "FC level" pilot would have the advantage would be if we are comparing two pilots that both didn't want to nor could spend much time learning. So the FC guy gets a quicker start, but when he hits the "ceiling" of what the aircraft can give him, the DCS pilot can continue learning cool functions that increase his effectiveness and SA.

Basically, the idea that FC vs DCS fights are an automatic advantage for the FC people is backwards and plain wrong. What FC and similar stuff however does do is open up the market to those that are simply too busy with work, family etcetera to delve deep into study sims. It's not uncommon for people to only have a few hours per week to themselves after all work and family obligations are covered.

This ^^^

I prefer to think of FC depth as entry level or as I put it before "DCS with training wheels" I might remind you that Ka-50 STARTED as a FC product. I do not see the whole DCS/FC argument applying to helicopters so much since helicopters rarely engage in air to air combat.

Edited by ZQuickSilverZ

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have always thought there is a market for more FC level modules, the AH-64 for example, would be a great addition.

As for concerns about FC level and DCS level integration in Multiplayer, it isn't a problem in my view, as the server/mission designer has complete control over which modules interact online.

Nate

I for one would love to see the availability of mid-fidelity aircraft expanded (perhaps by some third-party developers; it's my understanding that the SFM is made available for their use) since it's probably the only way I could convince my brothers to get in on the action with me. :( And, as Nate pointed out, if others don't like to share the airspace with FC-level birds, they don't have to.

MSI P67A-GD55 | Intel i5 2500 @ 3.3GHz | MSI Twin Frozr GTX 760 OC 4GB GDDR5 | G.SKILL Sniper 16GB DDR3 @ 1333MHz | Corsair TX750 PSU | Corsair Force GT 90GB SSD | WD Black 640GB + 1TB HDDs | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

DCS A-10C Warthog | DCS Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst | DCS Fw 190 D-9 Dora | DCS Ka-50 Black Shark 2 | DCS P-51D Mustang | Flaming Cliffs 3