A10C - MQ1A AFAC Profiles...

Sierra99

Don't work. :(

I can make JTAC's work just fine... Not so much on the AFAC side. A little help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Sierra

Predator AFAC Test.miz

A10 AFAC Test .miz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

I was able to contact the Predator before it passed the WP in your example mission. And as far as I can tell the AFAC JTAC works as it should. The key main difference between AFACs and ground based JTACs is that aircraft will always have a mission task of some sort that the AI will always follow in a precise order. For example the default "FAC" task allows AI to automatically target certain groups for JTAC coordinated attacks. In your mission what would likely happen is it chose the eastern AAA group as the first target and the western group will be the 2nd target once the eastern group is destroyed.

Predator AFAC Test_mod.miz

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

I was able to contact the Predator before it passed the WP in your example mission. And as far as I can tell the AFAC JTAC works as it should. The key main difference between AFACs and ground based JTACs is that aircraft will always have a mission task of some sort that the AI will always follow in a precise order. For example the default "FAC" task allows AI to automatically target certain groups for JTAC coordinated attacks. In your mission what would likely happen is it chose the eastern AAA group as the first target and the western group will be the 2nd target once the eastern group is destroyed.

Do I set up an A-10C the same? Thanks for the Help Grimes!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Yep. Any aircraft set to a FAC role can be setup the same overall way, although the predator is best because it generally won't be armed. I have noticed that if you give FAC aircraft smoke rockets they will actually mark targets. Its kind of silly though because its still the "rocket attack run" AI so they will just keep running in with smoke rockets until they are out.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

I'm having a problem assigning a AFAC Predator to moving vehicles. I have it set to engage a fast moving column nearby and all I get is ... "Thanks for the support, you can head home". All the engagement parameters are set to auto. Are there some range restrictions, etc. I'll try to attach my mission after work today.