Server -=WAR=-

Zart Arn

Let me present our server -=WAR=- special for English speaking community.

The server has fighter jets - attack plane - tank directionality (LO3+A10C+P51D+CA). The line of the missions is a mix of reality and playability.

Rules of the server allow all that you want, except: cheats, insults, trolling, intentional teamkills.

Teamspeak is temporally here on Akado server: 217.10.44.208: 9987

Integrity Check :

"Config/Weapons"

"Scripts/compile.lua"

"Scripts/Aircraft/_Common/CustomHuman.lua"

"Scripts/Aircraft/_Common/Pylons.lua"

Features of the server’s missions:

1. Dynamic campaign. The frontline on the global map moves depending of your coalition win/lose/draw. (Temporally switched off. Waiting for 1.2.3..)

2. Unique statboard. (testing stage)

3. Messages for the blue Coalition is on English, for red coalition is on Russian. (This is an attempt to divide English speaking and Russian speaking communities naturally in order to make battles more sharp and memorable)

4. The missions developed with the next ideas: a) one frontline b) low sam cover c) teamwork for fighters+assaults+CA d) All aircraft are available for both coalitions. e) Modern and retro style

5. Short missions. 3 hours per mission. (aimed to casual pilots)

6. Maximum freedom for tank commanders except key groups where their freedom is limited. Sabotage squads behind enemy line, attack squads near main forces.

7. For those who don’t like to read briefings – tasks will appear during missions.

8. Cap your territory and assault crafts by yourself. There are Low anti-air activity, freedom for fighters..

To this moment we have 3 connected missions.

All your comments, advices, critics, notices, ideas are welcome. They will be taken into account and many of them will be implemented.

Thank you!

We wish you memorable battles on our -=WAR=- server.

Edited by Zart Arn

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Notice from myself:

Some of you saw me before. During the age of LO2 I flied very often on 104th and 51st servers mostly. I had a lot of memorable battles there and I want to say many thanks to those pilots and server holders with whom I fought. But now is my turn to make something for LO community. And after I bought LO3 beta I decided to make those something useful an interesting for you - for the Russian and English speaking communities. To do this I reanimated my forgotten server and switched it fully to DCS. Because of my fighter-past the missions have and will have fighterjets-coloring but does not contradict with reality too strong. (I took Georgian incident 2008 as a base). As the aim of this server I decided to realize global Caucasus battle which will be run 24/7 and after some improvements and develop - same missions for the weekend battles between expert Russian-English squads and lone wolfs. In fact missions have semi-balance so victories in most cases depend of your action and performance. I hope you will find it challenging and will help me to make it perfect for our pleasant time spending and excellent battles between us.

I sincerely had some problems of random freezing (need to close process) only in this server. What's going on ?

EDIT:

More info: the freezes come randomly, may they come as I am taxiing or when I am engaging targets. This is the only server that gives me such problems.

Edited by secret1962

­­­­­­

I sincerely had some problems of random freezing (need to close process) only in this server. What's going on ?

EDIT:

More info: the freezes come randomly, may they come as I am taxiing or when I am engaging targets. This is the only server that gives me such problems.

It's a problem thats encountered on all servers at some point in a mission, especially when player counts peak.

Zart Arn, firstly let me say thank you for your excellent -=War=- server; your dynamic campaign is fantastic and is the best mp experience I have had in the DCS universe.

I wanted to point out a bug with the F-15 HUD on one of the campaign's missions (the Abkhazia one I think): the HUD is permanently zoomed in and is therefore useless. Oddly this bug only seems to effect the F-15 and only affects this mission (maybe Aggression of Georgia as well....?)

Anyway, thanks again

Mandrake

Edited by Mandrake5

I wanted to point out a bug with the F-15 HUD on one of the campaign's missions (the Abkhazia one I think): the HUD is permanently zoomed in and is therefore useless

Funny (not really) as I get that same issue with the Su27/33.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

Thank you for the kind response.

I reported to ED team about those problem with f15 hud view. I tried to replace F15 and add them again but still there was the same "zoom in" problem. I hope after 1.2.3 it will be fixed automatically. The mission which contains this bug is "-01r liberation of Abkhazia"

I had that issue with the zoom , thats why I dont join your server ..... but all the goodies are there , and thank you for hosting it .

I had freeze issues , but get them from time to time on most servers .

I havent tried an A-10C ..... is the HUD ok with that beast ?

Is this server locally hosted? Also, it was very laggy yesterday!

But anyway here's a suggestion. Please allow friendly map markers and third person (No zoom out) for YOUR plane only. It's sometimes hard taking off with a lot noobs.... I've had like three accidents due to complications from noobs/poor ATC...

Another thing will this server be hosted 24/7? It is honestly the most fun I've had on DCS World MP! It would be nice to boot up DCS World at anytime and your sever is up :).

Last thing, can we please remove the F-15's from OPFOR and the Ka-50's from BLUFOR for added realism?

Edited by dimitri18

Another thing will this server be hosted 24/7? It is honestly the most fun I've had on DCS World MP! It would be nice to boot up DCS World at anytime and your sever is up :).

Here here. Good fun to be had on this server. Thanks. The 104th has its moments too. =)

...Sheila rides on crashing nightingale. Intake eyes leave passing vapor trails...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not locally. Dedicated server. 24/7 except some dcs.exe failures and time to restart dcs. Lags we did not check properly yet. when we have 12-17 clients CPU loaded only for 25%. But surely there a lot of triggers and ground units. We'll check those lags after dcs 1.2.3

We chose an idea for the server as realism+playability with maximum freedom for all. So all crafts will be flyable for any side. (except A10A) And a few limitations in rules.

Thank you for the kind response.

I reported to ED team about those problem with f15 hud view.The mission which contains this bug is "-01r liberation of Abkhazia"

I suggest temporarly removing this mission from the active cycle, until the issue is resolved. It's a source of frustration for F-15 pilots.

I'd like to clarify some things about that bug. The hud distortion seems to be a side effect. The real problem is that the entire canopy is moved, i believe forward and down. Because of that you cannot see your wings, and part of the aircraft nose clips through the hud. The pilot head also cannot be moved. It can be rotated, but not moved.

Oh Eagle D whom we love,

Hallowed be thy code

Thy Warthogs come,

Thy CAS be done

On Land as it is in Sky

Give us our patch

And forgive our trolling.

And we forgive those that troll against us

Lead us not into whining

But deliver us from bugs

For thine is the engine, the performance, and the glory

Rifle.

2 Siskin: Sorry I did not report in time but a day ago I repaired the bug with f15c hud. (at least it works for me in "-01r" mission) I told to ED about it also.

2 Mustang: yes you are right. server.lua...

And additionally I finished modifications of 3 missions. Now tank commanders has limited freedom when they are using KEY ground groups. So now troopers can drive anything they want as before but they can hardly crash ideas of a mission. But in spite these modifications the importance of CA commanders is extremely high still.

Edited by Zart Arn

Very nice Camp... Only 1 Thing... Breafings red and Blue and various comunication will be in evrey two language...sometimes...if I want balance the coalition, I go from blue to red, but I don't understand nothing of the trasmission when I'm in red Coalition...

If You can change, It's the best thing...If you dont whant change...It's already a great Server!

See You!

[sIGPIC]index.php?action=dlattach;topic=17112.0;attach=7646;image[/sIGPIC]

www.36stormovirtuale.net

@Zart Arn: your dynamic campaign contains 3 missions, on two of these missions fighters have full access to all missile loadouts, aim120/R27ER/ET/R77, but on one of these missions (01 Aggression of Georgia) these 'advanced' missiles are restricted and we can only use aim-7/R27R/T....

It seems strange that there are weapon restrictions on 1 mission out of 3, is there a reason for this?

Cheers

Mandrake

Edited by Mandrake5

Thanks Gaanalma. An idea of the server is distinguishing english and russian-speaking communities naturally. By that we want to realize more sharper confrontation between western vs eastern pilots in virtual sky. I assume that the idea will let everyone get more sensations and feel your immixture. In other words I expect that you'll get more enjoy when you kill eastern (russian) pilot because you are western guy as well as all your current blue team. Same with red. So dont care about balance and gentleman rules like "I dont kill bombers and ka50s" just go and shot down all those Russians. :)

"Kill 'em all", the name of the Server is WAR ;))

Right now we have only 3 missions but I'm working hard to spread the war to the whole Caucasus. / sorry to pacifists.. :) /

to Mandrake5: there is no mistakes with those actives. -01n missions is RETRO mission so just short range semi-active missiles for both sides are available.

Edited by Zart Arn