New Tutorial: Winning the Duel

Wohoo, I think I getting the hang of this now. I'm surviving quite often now :) I even took on a F-14 with AIM-54's and splashed his ass!

Thanks Ironhand for making it fun to fly air-to-air again! :icon_jook

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5

A great job as allways Rich......

You really helped me with the huge learning curve that I experienced with Flanker.......

And you made your tutorials even better here in Flameing Cliffs.......

A very clean and informative presentation.......

One small question are you useing Track IR or did you use the movie editor, I still haven't tried this yet ?????? :confused:

I love the way that you scan and zoom objects...... :D

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

Let me please just add my thanks for these and also for the poor and downtrodden who are missing this opportunity or dont know how. These are already a significant amount of tracks that SHOULD BE VIEWED not only to those who want to maintain 4 lock on installs on thier comp. I mean I get it but these are great and nice to review. Not to mention new players are missing older tracks etc etc. What say you guys ?????? Rich I have emailed you a couple times about doing this, could it be possible ? Im no video making genius. I have tried useing the program Camtasia by Techsmith and the frame rates are just too bad. Maybe its better now on a 939 system,but still with the fact that everyone loves these and ED approves cant something be done to distribute them in a divx or movie format so that we can view them at will with out any concerns to game versions? This seems important to me and to a game base that we all want to see grow.

If this isnt possible for you Rich maybe someone can get the authority to movie-nize the tracks and make them available????????? I have some friends, we like pc games , maybe ill run into someone interested in this game and wouldnt it be great to hand them these training tracks in a movie format so they can more quickly "get it" and be in air at least? Computer upgrades, software, profiles and options is work by itself for many :) Time is money for many and I can assure you id be willing to throw a significant amout down for this convenience.

thanks again, cheers

EM

Asus P8Z68-V GEN3/ 2500k 4.4ghz / Corsair 64gb SSD Cache / Corsair 8g 1600 ddr3 / 2 x 320gb RE3 Raid 0 /Corsair 950w/ Zotac 560TI AMP 1gb / Zalman GS1200 case /G940/

One small question are you useing Track IR or did you use the movie editor, I still haven't tried this yet ?????? :confused:

I love the way that you scan and zoom objects...... :D

TrackIR with VE most likely.

And yes, I want one :p

A great job as allways Rich......

You really helped me with the huge learning curve that I experienced with Flanker.......

And you made your tutorials even better here in Flameing Cliffs.......

A very clean and informative presentation.......

I love the way that you scan and zoom objects.....

Blaze

Hi Blaze,

Thank you. I always wonder when I produce a tutorial just how clear the presentation is. I mean, I know what I'm trying to get across. I'm not always sure, though, that I'm presenting it clearly enough.

I'm using Track IR in the tutorial. While I have the version (whichever it is) that zooms as you move your head closer to your monitor, I actually have that function disabled because it drives me crazy. I use the keyboard zoom function, instead.

(A great deal snipped)

...maybe someone can get the authority to movie-nize the tracks...

(Remainder snipped)

Hi EM,

And thank you as well. While I'm talking with Rugg about converting some tutorials into movies, there are some considerations. One issue is running time. Another is resolution. When both need to be high, as they often do, file sizes are huge. But this approach is certainly being considered.

Rich

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

To be honest, F-15 tutorials will be awhile in coming. I have spent virtually no time in its cockpit. In fact, I'm not even sure which instruments are where. I keep hoping someone else will step up to the plate for that one.

Rich

goya? wanna bite?

Thanks,

Brett

Ironhand,

Thank you sir. Another excellent tutuorial! In my book, you will always be THE MAN!!!

S!

Nowi

Intel Xeon E5-1650 v2

ASUS Sabertooth X79

4 x 4GB Crucial Ballistix VLP PC3-12800

ASUS Cerberus GTX 1070 Ti 8 Gb

Seasonic Platinum 860W

Thrustmaster Cougar Uber II Nxt

CH Products PT/TQ/MFP

Slaw Pedals

TrackIR 5

goya? wanna bite?

I've actually started one a while ago. I had some trouble getting the voiceover to play back, so I put it down. Maybe I'll give it another go.

I was going to use some actual MP tracks. But since we can't edit them, it might make it too big. Maybe I can set something up with my squadmates.

I'd probably just get shot down. ;) (Or run out of fuel)

Ever suspected there's some secret "record track" difficulty setting :-)

The other day I flew a mission I made 4 or 5 times & shot down the Eagle each time.

Thought OK I'll make a track - got shot down 2 x.

OK try without the track - shot him down a few times - thought "OK this IS easy".

Record track - go down in flames.

Crazy...

Cheers.

Performance anxiety...
Hehe... could be, but another explanation might be that in the tutorial the AI is set to excellent as that will make the enemy take an earlier shot which is much easier to dodge and you can get a missile or two away while still at decent range:

However the default AI pilots are on average skill and this makes them wait until you are quite close before they shoot, which IMO makes them more difficult to defeat (or rather not get defeated by).

I still cant hear the voice, whats wrong?

Hi SniperRu,

Do you still have it installed with LoMan? If so, uninstall it. The file you downloaded is a simple zip file. It was not created with LoMan. Put the zip file where you want it and unzip it with WinZip or any such utility. What you should get is a folder called Surviving_the_Duel:

Example1.gif

Inside that folder you should see:

Example2.gif

As long as this is the structure, you should be hearing voice. If you don't hear voice and you're putting the files into a Flaming Cliffs folder, try moving the tutorial to a folder completely outside of Flaming Cliffs. Then try watching it again.

Rich

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

The sound doesn't work for me neither, got LO russian version. Is there any solution for this problem?

I wasn't aware that there were incompatibility issues concerning sound files between the Western and Russian versions. So I'm not aware of any solutions either.

My only thought...I'm converting the WAV files to OGG because the download size is so much smaller. Do you have a utility that will convert them back to WAV? If not, let me know. I'll create a small track with WAV voice files for downloading. If that plays as it should, then it's the OGG files that are the problem.

Rich

_____

My only thought...I'm converting the WAV files to OGG because the download size is so much smaller. Do you have a utility that will convert them back to WAV?

Tried both *.ogg and *.wav (PCM), doesn't help...

Sorry. Its enough to put folder with track anywhere but Lomac folder, actually.

Strange and simple ))

I'll try that, thank you.