Interest check: Landing Gear Panel, Flap Gauge

agrasyuk

Flim, well, the official reason is actually a better school. not sure how it happened but that age is suddenly creeped up upon us :) while we at it we thought we might as well get a bigger place to house all the wants and hobbies. its a foreclosure property that was unoccupied for half a year. if we close good lots of things to do for me to make it comfortable again., painting , reflooring , installing new kitchen. but when all done i will have 2 car garage for workshop, laser and vented paint booth will live in warm utility room. and a dedicated sim room capable to house 8ft CUBE :D

Anton.

My pit build thread .

Simple and cheap UFC project

Ok a promised status update for those waiting. the move starts to demand more and more time, which means i have very little time for this project . Managed to miss-handle several parts and had to redo. I got to work more on this tonight and here it is 1am already. picture probably be the best to describe overall status,

form the left:

kits of AlbertK , Jimbo (complete),

bnepethomas need to do Knob and servo holder.

4th is a complete panel set with 11mm lever opening width for TomDK handle without an owner (Tom, your kit already packed so it is not pictured), not sure how it got into mix.

since this evening was a good painting temperature i cut and engraved 4 more front panels (ones i did earlier with odball sized button opening will not look good with the new override button).

CIMG1780-vi.jpg

this is my first ever production run and i'm learning to handle things on the go. i probably should have started xls to track notes for specific orders earlier as well as printing out a parts checklist. I still rearrange cad files for more optimal time and better utilization of material.

With that I it looks looks like i might not be able to fulfill the entire waiting list i have so far within this run. I will try my best to make it, but apologize in advance to those who might miss out. i started to solder backlight LEDs, glue handles and assemble the mounts, but to speed things up the upcoming kits will be mailed as kits. let me know if this is a deal breaker for you and you want to wait. i do promise i will be at it again once we settle - i'm not keeping a panel for myself either and will be revisiting this for sure.

separate word on the lever.

i feel quite stupid building it as if is now in 4 parts. it is really should be one piece deal, heated and bent. but at the moment i do not have strip heater :cry: i think this will be the first thing i get for the new workshop. so perhaps anyone wants a one piece (streight) lever for now?

Anton.

My pit build thread .

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Agrasyuk, let me know if you are willing to add one to your next run for shipment to NZ.

Thanks +1

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908

• 1 year later...

Back to this older thread.

I have a unused Set 2 here for sale.

I will add a landing gear knob (only the knob!!) I payed 160 Dollar plus shipping to Euro.

Will sell for 100 Euro inl. shipping within Europe, 110 Euro shipping worldwide !!

Its in the box I recieved it !

Last chance :thumbup:

I'm Finalizing the kit and will post this in for sale section once i have a picture of all stages and a complete assembled product. feel free to drop me a note if you understand how the final product will look and would like to "preorder".I already started making parts for those who contacted me in private.

Prices (for those we had discussion in private prices stay at what we agreed).

Package 1

Panel complete with indicators (60$) flap gauge(50$), gear lever kit and lever mount(45$) + downlock override assembly (10$) for total of 165$ (Fair?) + shipping and paypal fee.

Package 2 for those with Tom's Gear Lever

Panel with 11mm wide LDG lever opening, complete with indicators (60$), flap gauge(50$), matching gear mount (20$), downlock override assembly (10$) for total of 140$ (Fair?) + shipping and pay pal fees.

stencil where to cut and where to drill holes in Tom's lever will be provided. one of the openings is actually elongated to allow the lever to slide couple mm back and forth. to accomplish this you will actually need to drill two holes and connect them , dremel or neddle file will do). aluminum is soft so it should be possible. in any case this operation is completely out of my hands, so...

Package 3:

you tell me what you need/want.

unless you specify otherwise the opening for TEMS button is 12mm on back plate and 19mm to accomodate the bezel on middle and top layers. i assume you will be using standard toggles with 12mm opening . the only electronics that come with this is 8 LEDs for the gauge, servo motor and limit switch. this is to make sure you have the right part and it fits into my mounts. If you'd like i can assemble things for you, provide, mount and solder LEDs, glue together and paint the Lever. please let me know in PM and we will discuss.

for now some pictres to show the raw items

landing Lever and knob(2 kits shown). all clear parts are 6mm thick acrylic.

Lever: 2 pieces for the lever itself, 2 angled sides. after it is glued you will need to fill the resulting void in the bend with something (i will try to grind them to shape but not promising at this point). if you'd like lever without the bend i can cut it in one piece.

Knob: middle layer with cutout to hold 3 5mm Diodes, 2 side covers with engraved middle ring (one on lower left yet to be engraved). at least one side cover should be glued to middle piece. i will cut a shallow groove near base to let out LED wire.

Knob is clear, to make it foggy you will need to give it a bit of water paper. and bevel the edges a bit for better look

CIMG1753-vi.jpg

Lever Holder kit.

2 kits shown (and some extra parts) , one with 7mm and one in 11mm width for those who purchased Tom's lever and knob. the final version is completely symetrical so there will not be any confusion during initial assembly part, has a service window that will allow easier lever mounting and any adjustment to limit switches. limit switch mounting hole position is changed to immediately work with my lever without any need for fine tuning. i will include one switch to make sure you have the right one. since it has both NO and NC positions one is all you will need really.

below is the assembled bracket that i made during prototyping. since it is perfectly usable it will be installed on my panel.

CIMG1754-vi.jpg

Panel itself. 100mm by 200mm which fits Y2K's design i've been told and only few mm short of real panel. one on left obviously still needs to be painted and engraved (once it warms up a bit). those who order will need to specify their desired arrangement as far as TEMS and DWNLKOVRD buttons.

CIMG1755-vi.jpg

part breakdown of the gauge. it will come semi assembled , center hole drilled to exact size. LEDS will be attached but you will need to wire as i'm not sure what is your approach for this might be. there are 8 LEDs total including the one for needle light, i'm connecting them in strings of 4 to 12V rail of separate computer PSU.

on right side are "SAFE" indicator parts. i will preassemble the filters and sides so you will get total of 3 complete indocators to be glues to middle layer after the panel is complete.

CIMG1756-vi.jpg

PM sent Tom

Cheers weeb

Windows 7 64 Home Premium, i5 3570K (3.4 @ 4.4GHz), Asus P8Z77-V LX, 16GB dual channel 1600 ram, EVGA Nvidia GTX980ti, 240 GB OCZ SSD, 3 TB Raptor, Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas and Throttle, Saitek Pro Combat Rudder pedals.

Back to this older thread.

I have a unused Set 2 here for sale.

I will add a landing gear knob (only the knob!!) I payed 160 Dollar plus shipping to Euro.

Will sell for 100 Euro inl. shipping within Europe, 110 Euro shipping worldwide !!

Its in the box I recieved it !

Last chance :thumbup:

I still have all the drawings so I can provide everything needed to make this a full kit (handle + matching bracket, and matching knob).

Anton.

My pit build thread .

Cheers Anton, I will give you a shout later. I get out of hospital tomorrow. Not happy using hospital unsecured wireless network and I don't have my burn dongles with me unfortunately.

Windows 7 64 Home Premium, i5 3570K (3.4 @ 4.4GHz), Asus P8Z77-V LX, 16GB dual channel 1600 ram, EVGA Nvidia GTX980ti, 240 GB OCZ SSD, 3 TB Raptor, Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas and Throttle, Saitek Pro Combat Rudder pedals.