Build-In MP3 Player

Bluedrake42

i can leave Zune or WMP in the background and use the Media Keys to play music without them messing with DCS.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Fun gimmick, but are you sure it's worth the developer time? :)

Sounds to me like something you would use once, and then completely ignore for the rest of your "career".

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

idk I think this would be cool haha, what if there was an MP3 player on your dashboard or something you could control by clicking with the mouse that would play music in the cockpit xD you could put it on shuffle and stuff, maybe even have playlists.

There was many moons ago, with the original Blackshark. Sadly an update to make it compatable with Flaming cliffs wiped it out.

from Blackshark 2 Manual:

Quote:

When flying in the region of Maikop City, you can set the radio to AM mode with a frequency of 125675. If you are within a 70 km radius of the radio tower at Maykop airdrome, you will here broadcasts from “Radio Mayak”. If you are not a fan of their top 40 list, you can replace it with your own audio files:

\\Sounds\Samples\RadioMayak folder

The files will need to be in OGG or WAV format

While it was a little buggy, it was a cool feature. Nothing like rolling into an attack and having the radio blasting rock tunes out. :thumbup:

There was even a mod, that allowed us to tune into Internet radio stations on different frequencies.

Would love to see this back, but sadly don't think it's possible with the new one system.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

MP3 means ED would pay patents for reading this. Same for AAC

Eve Online had a jukebox ingame and could listen your favorite music. But in the last patch, they removed it, because it was majoritary unused.

(When listening to Eve soundtrack, which is a masterpiece, i used Itunes, more that ingame jukebox)

So, imo you will never see that in DCS.

don't forget Mp3 is dying. Mp4 (at least video) will see its replacement this year. (h264=>h265)

And no-one will convert his library to ogg vorbis.

TASK / ROLES acronyms guide

Black Shark A.I. datalink guide illustrated (v1.2.4 Available on Wiki)

DCS World Codex 1.1 : full units list (Speed/Weapons/Armor thickness/Threat zone/Weapon damage...) (Oct 2013)

BlackShark 2 1.2.x Bug and glitches thread (v1.2.7)

(When listening to Eve soundtrack, which is a masterpiece, i used Itunes, more that ingame jukebox)

Oh yeah, that music was awesome. Got it on CD when I was a moderator there as well, was great. :)

But I admit I didn't use it much there either. No good listening to music when in a fleet or leading a fleet. During some logistics runs it could have been nice, but of course at those times I usually found myself on the alliance Ventrilo server anyhow.

But all things considered, it's not all that much gained compared to just running your favorite audio player in the background.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Oh yeah, that music was awesome. Got it on CD when I was a moderator there as well, was great. :)

Oh really ? You're everywhere !

that's right, i listenned this music only when i was "safe". During our DRF mega-operations, Teamspeak Russian->English->French was mandatory.

I think, in DCS, it would remove "simulation" a little bit

TASK / ROLES acronyms guide

Black Shark A.I. datalink guide illustrated (v1.2.4 Available on Wiki)

DCS World Codex 1.1 : full units list (Speed/Weapons/Armor thickness/Threat zone/Weapon damage...) (Oct 2013)

BlackShark 2 1.2.x Bug and glitches thread (v1.2.7)

All you guys wishing for an in-pit music player have watched "Iron Eagle" way too often...!

:pilotfly:

Hey just because, I used to turn on the Iron eagle soundtrack everytime I took off in Falcon 4, dosnt mean I've watched Iron Eagle too much.................. :music_whistling:

Ummmmm ok it may do. :pilotfly:

You mean we don't all strap a tape recorder to our leg, whenever we go flying. :doh:

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

MP3 is a patented format and requires a license for it use (especially in commercial product). I think it is 2500$ per game title. Is it worth?

Don't include the actual codecs then. Force the players to download standalone codecs like LAME, which is something that lots of other programs do.

And for the record, Iron Eagle was a terrible movie. :D

Make a playlist, capture it, convert it to .ogg and rename it noise.ogg and put it in your A-10C sound folder. With radios on flip the squelch button and voilá - your favourite music through the headphones. :D

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My computer specs below:

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K@4.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100 | GPU: MSI Nvidia GTX 680 2GB Lightning 2GB VRAM @1.3GHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 1600 | SSD 1: Corsair Force 3 120GB (SATA 6) | SSD 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB (SATA 6) | Hybrid disc: Seagate Momentus Hybrid 500/4GB (SATA 3) | Keyboard: QPAD MK-85 | Mouse: QPAD 5K LE | TrackIR 5 + Track Clip Pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind | OS: Win7/64