GF7800 GTX 512

JACN

Hi all,

Anybody here is using this card?. I´m considering to buy a new nvidia´s 7800 series card in order to replace my not so old (...and in deed very fast...) GeForce 6800 Ultra.

I´d like to know if 512 Mb video RAM will be reflected in a fps huge gain over the 256 Mb card, specially thinking in the "near" future release of LO-1.2. I rejected the SLI idea cause LO seemed to have (AFAIK) no advantage of it and Pacific Fighters runs in my FX-55 like a bullet (Water=3) even with my actual video card.

In summary, I´d like to know if it´s really worth spending +200€ on a 512 card thinking only in Lock-on sim. I´d like to remark the fact that my TFT monitor doesn´t support any higher than 1280x1024 res...

I´d highly appreciate any suggestion.

Thanks,

Á.

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

Wrong place to post, this shud of been in the tech area.

I got the 256mb version in sli, but i got the 512s on order so i cant really say atm, it looks as tho monnie rock will have his 512's before me.

But lockon doesnt even utilize the 256mb properly, so i cant see any gain for lockon with the 512s.

while am at it. anyone want to buy the 2 78gtxs i got. comes with LIFETIME transferable warranty.

As your monitor dont go higher than 1280, then for lockon only, the 512 is a waste, even the 256 is a waste at that resolution. the 6800gt or ultra would be more suitable, as the 78s only start coming into there own at 1600 and above resolutions.

get the 7800 gt or the 68gs/gt/ultra.

Hi all,

Anybody here is using this card?. I´m considering to buy a new nvidia´s 7800 series card in order to replace my not so old (...and in deed very fast...) GeForce 6800 Ultra.

I´d like to know if 512 Mb video RAM will be reflected in a fps huge gain over the 256 Mb card, specially thinking in the "near" future release of LO-1.2. I rejected the SLI idea cause LO seemed to have (AFAIK) no advantage of it and Pacific Fighters runs in my FX-55 like a bullet (Water=3) even with my actual video card.

In summary, I´d like to know if it´s really worth spending +200€ on a 512 card thinking only in Lock-on sim. I´d like to remark the fact that my TFT monitor doesn´t support any higher than 1280x1024 res...

I´d highly appreciate any suggestion.

Thanks,

Á.

Anyway I skip the FX-57 and wait for the FX-59 :icon_mrgr

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

fx60 is being touted as the next one, ive seen some websites early reviews of it already. but 59 would be the next logical step. but the fx60 is dualcore

fx60 is being touted as the next one, ive seen some websites early reviews of it already. but 59 would be the next logical step. but the fx60 is dualcore

Ok, I already start saving then :icon_supe

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

drop a 78 or a couple of them into your pc and you will be amazed at the difference compared to the 68s.

you got real decent pc as it is, the only logical upgrade i can see with your pc would be the 78s and maybe higher ram pc4000/4200 etc. apart from that, your pc rocks dude ;)

am dumping my 2gb of pc3200, i want faster ram, but i know it will have slower latencys than the 2-2-2-5 that i got now, but the faster ram will make up for the slower latencys.

you would also get better performance if you dumped norton internet security.

download avg or my favourite is avast home edition, its free and takes less resources than norton does, and it even scans websites which a lot of payed for AV programs dont do.

drop a 78 or a couple of them into your pc and you will be amazed at the difference compared to the 68s.

you got real decent pc as it is, the only logical upgrade i can see with your pc would be the 78s and maybe higher ram pc4000/4200 etc. apart from that, your pc rocks dude ;)

am dumping my 2gb of pc3200, i want faster ram, but i know it will have slower latencys than the 2-2-2-5 that i got now, but the faster ram will make up for the slower latencys.

you would also get better performance if you dumped norton internet security.

download avg or my favourite is avast home edition, its free and takes less resources than norton does, and it even scans websites which a lot of payed for AV programs dont do.

I will go 78 /512 SLI when the time and my pocket is ready (I am still on AGP but it is a great OC motherboard)

BTW the only logical upgrade I can see with your pc would be the FX-60 :icon_kidr

As soon as they arrive, I will post the results of the same exact tests which I posted before to compare for everyone

Rack Rig: Rosewill RSV-L4000 | Koolance ERM-3K3UC | Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.9ghz w/EK Monoblock | Asus Rampage IV Black Edition | 64GB 2133mhz | SLI TitanXP w/ EK Waterblocks | 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB | Seasonic 1000w Titanium | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | TM Warthog HOTAS w/40cm Extension | MFG Crosswind Rudders | Obutto R3volution | HP Reverb