Ver 1.2.3 News

Quirkitized

Being a chit chat thread it should be ok. At least let it hit 1k posts before locking it.

Asus Sabertooth P67 Motherboard 2600k CPU, 16 gig DDR3, 1600. Samsung 830, 256 gig hard drive,

GTX780 Video Card, Warthog Hotas, Razer Mamba mouse. Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. Trackir 5, Verizon FIOS 25Meg Up/Down

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bohemia Interactive seem to have a pretty spot on approach with the Arma series that seem to work fine. Upcoming patches have beta releases that are made publicly available, there is also a public bug reporting system available. Whomever has the time and think they can contribute with testing uses the beta patches and reports bugs. Seems like a pretty good approach where a not so fully staffed developer relies on a core community to help with testing new releases.

Just to add on that. One of the BI devs, Dvordin, would sometimes jump on our teamspeak server leading up to a patch release and have a short interview about any issues we've had with the beta patches. I assume they did that with many TS servers.

I don't test for bugs, but when I do I do it in production.

Agent. The ony comparison is the ability to handle a large amount of players with lots going on. You're right that this is a small community of simmers. I watched Novalogic go to hell and it started with basic stuff. We have a great thing going with DCS. We all want it to succeed. But if the title gets much more of an unstable reputation it won't last. Again it looks like they do see it this time. Just frustrating to sit by while they go through the growing pains I guess.

I understand your point, no argue. What I meant is if you want something to succeed you have to be constructive. Comparing mobile phones to microwave ovens is pointless. I used to be an active member of the OFP/Arma community, and I remember, that they had also very hard times regarding the physics (damage model), and the netcode, because the amount of data to be shared between the server and clients was huge. They might have used a different model to get feedback from the community, but it is a completely different product and community, so I also wouldn't compare things in that sense.

Now DCS reached a point, where the previous code was not good enough. As PRE-purchase customers, we should accept all the hickups of the beta. In order to succeed, we should help ED devs and testers by sending reports. Constant complains and whining leads nowhere. What I tried to say (personal oppinion!), is that I like how ED handles us, we get feedback, and we can change the scope, we can ask for new features in the beta. It is really uncommon I should say. But in the meantime ED accept bugs, and do they best. The rest of the story is about time... The thing is, everyone here is eagerly waiting for the patches and new DCS modules (including me), which is OK, but you can still enjoy the game in it's current state, like I do :)

- KGB -

Edited by agentkgb

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It will be two months this week that this patch was announced.. TWO MONTHS!

Does anything else need to be said?

Well,

We could say its a good thing the world didn't end on December 21st...

We could say it's nice ED announced they are working on a patch...

We could say patience is a virtue...

We could say good things come to those who wait...

We could say a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush...

We could say a watched pot never boils...

We could say ADD medication makes it easier to wait for.... SQUIRREL!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

"We could say a watched pot never boils...

We could say ADD medication makes it easier to wait for.... SQUIRREL! "

Does anything else need to be said? We are working hard on the MP issues. Please be patient.

Dusty Rhodes

Play HARD, Play FAIR, Play TO WIN

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

• ED Team
Well,

We could say its a good thing the world didn't end on December 21st...

We could say it's nice ED announced they are working on a patch...

We could say patience is a virtue...

We could say good things come to those who wait...

We could say a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush...

We could say a watched pot never boils...

We could say ADD medication makes it easier to wait for.... SQUIRREL!

And if it's all OK we will get it this week.:joystick:

1000th.;)

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, GeForce RTX 2080Ti, 32 GB DRAM, HOTAS TM Warthog, FSSB R3 Lighting, MFG Crosswind, Win 10 Pro

What was happening in april/may last year? Multiplayer issues related to FC3?

ED was calculating the airspeed of an unladen swallow for birds integration but didn't managed to choose between European one or African one... :lol:

(hint: monty python's quest of the holly grail)

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

ED was calculating the airspeed of an unladen swallow for birds integration but didn't managed to choose between European one or African one... :lol:

(hint: monty python's quest of the holly grail)

LOL :megalol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Uh, I don't know that one ?

Dear moderators, sorry for the drift of the topic but

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

^^^ This was an important and educational thread derail. ;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

My bet is Saturday morning 10:00 EST

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals