Ver 1.2.3 News

Quirkitized

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not like the SIM is unplayable in its current state. So why the hurry?

24778529.jpg

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Flight simmers = Our own worst enemy

Dusty Rhodes

Play HARD, Play FAIR, Play TO WIN

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

I've met psychotic women with more patience than some of us here. :D

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Very strange label for paying customers. Especially when it comes from ED Testers Team...

I am a paying customer too! I didn't get anything free. It is a well known fact with Dev's, and I have worked with several that Flight Simmers are their own worst enemy, expecting a pint of blood from the Dev's, along with a bugless game which neither has ever happened!

Edited by Dusty Rhodes

Dusty Rhodes

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

Rhinox, you are linking to stuff that clearly says it is pre-purchase.

Don't feed the troll.

Please evaluate who the troll is right now.

Dusty Rhodes

i was online in a mission with 17 Pilots and no problems.... while brother was playing Terra OnlineMMO on another PC on the same network.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

20 is a reasonable number, but not that many at all in the grand scheme of things.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

I wonder if the 20 testers they had online were in the same game, or if I'm totally getting the wrong end of the stick.

20 in once game strikes me as fairly large for this series, but I've not played online that much.

Yesterday the 104th public server had more than 20 guys online, but my game crashed like 2 times in a row :(. Sometimes I fly for hours without freezing, yesterday was a bad day in that regard :P

20 is a reasonable number, but not that many at all in the grand scheme of things.

It is a very reasonable number. The problem is that there is a limited number of pre-testers with set computer configurations. It could be more because we're all beta testers according to the pre-release.

Maybe the release will be relatively trouble free, which is what we should expect but when you release the amount of different hardware/ driver version/ etc that weren't tested will hit quickly. It's basic product management 101. ( I went to that course and practiced it).

Another possibility would be to do a targeted release to some of the servers that have regular high player counts. Some of them (like the 51st, 104th, Eno's fire house, STP) and a few others have figured out how to tweak the existing version to get the least crashes. I'm sure they would be good candidates ask for feedback.

Also guess I'm just surprised that with all the attention this is getting that they have had problems getting enough of the testing team to pitch in and do what they volunteered for, TEST.

Just Saying. :cheer3nc::love::beer:

Edited by Hamblue

Asus Sabertooth P67 Motherboard 2600k CPU, 16 gig DDR3, 1600. Samsung 830, 256 gig hard drive,

GTX780 Video Card, Warthog Hotas, Razer Mamba mouse. Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. Trackir 5, Verizon FIOS 25Meg Up/Down

You can only have a small size (as compard to the community) of testers to make it manageable. Releasing it in beta expands the test team by thousands. So we do our work and then the community backs it up with their findings and testers can confirm or find out what the problem is for the community member.

Dusty Rhodes

Wags, just wanted to hand a "thank you" for the continuous updates on the 1.2.3 patch.

Good luck to the team on ironing out those last issues.

~S~

ps, anything new about Nevada/EDGE???

I second that Falcon. :thumbup:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Also, as the test team are not paid ED staffers, it's perfectly reasonable for them to allow real life to get in the way of their testing. For example, I can think of a weekend next month when there's no way in hell I'd be testing, no matter how much something needed to be tested.

Perhaps 20 is a lot for them, and perhaps a number of them just couldn't do it.

Battlefield 4 will have hundreds of thousands of testers if not more. It is manageable.

What you said is spot on with most software, but when they released it as an open beta they basically made everyone the test team, that's all.

It is a lot to manage but look at how many problems were reported and fixed when they released 1.2.2. That is after it had passed through the normal test team. I think it's proof of how it can work better. With more feedback including system configurations the staff can see what's common to the reporters and home in on the problem quicker.

The small size of the testing team and people having lives is more reason why they should expand the size of the group at a minimum.

Asus Sabertooth P67 Motherboard 2600k CPU, 16 gig DDR3, 1600. Samsung 830, 256 gig hard drive,

GTX780 Video Card, Warthog Hotas, Razer Mamba mouse. Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. Trackir 5, Verizon FIOS 25Meg Up/Down

BF4 will have a roster of hundreds of thousands of players claiming to be beta testers to get early access to the MP part of the game, not submit any bugs and B.W. and Moan about the bugs on forums.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Of course. But the one's with major problems, including network issues, will report in. There's nothing wrong with duplicating what the big boys do. They've been there already. :thumbup:

compare a EA with millonarie dolars inversion. A first person shooter with hundreds develop personal and a marketing team more biger with the ED develop team used by consolers and easy trigger costumer, With a Combat Simulator used by Virtuals and Real combat pilots developing with limitate recources and a small testers teams........... a very bad comparation.

totally agree with Skatezilla.

To be a tester you need a bunch of quality, among that you need to have lot of time to dedicate in tests - boring procedural thing, not only playing until you get a bug. You need to find the bug, understand it so you can explain how to reproduce it.

As a "crazy-bastard-that-track-mistakes", i'm quite a good one.

in the domain "having spare time", I don't qualify at all.

I am extremly grateful to the guy who spend free time helping developping the software :)

EDIT : BF BETA is no BETA. It's a playable demo that they call BETA because it's look modern. When you release a BETA 15 days before release, that's no longer a BETA but a DEMO, because disc are already being manufactured somewhere !!!! They just don't want to be ashamed in case of bugs or major showstopper and anticipate the first hotfix work.

Edited by Darkwolf

totally agree with Skatezilla.

To be a tester you need a bunch of quality, among that you need to have lot of time to dedicate in tests - boring procedural thing, not only playing until you get a bug. You need to find the bug, understand it so you can explain how to reproduce it.

As a "crazy-bastard-that-track-mistakes", i'm quite a good one.

in the domain "having spare time", I don't qualify at all.

I am extremly grateful to the guy who spend free time helping developping the software :)

EDIT : BF BETA is no BETA. It's a playable demo that they call BETA because it's look modern. When you release a BETA 15 days before release, that's no longer a BETA but a DEMO, because disc are already being manufactured somewhere !!!! They just don't want to be ashamed in case of bugs or major showstopper and anticipate the first hotfix work.

Technically EA lists it as a BETA because they are testing Server Traffic.

Any other bugs submitted will 99% of the time be from their actual closed beta team.

Anyone that Bought MoH to get into the BF4 Beta got to be in the MoH Beta too, cuz that game took BF3's frostbite engine, and made it into the biggest turd they could.

Beta Testers should be able to Find Bugs, Be able to Create a Step By Step Procedure to re-produce the bug, be able to identify the possible root cause, possibly trouble shoot a temp workaround that clues the devs in on where to look, and supply enough reference images/video/steps to aid in finding the bug on multiple system environments to be debugged.

And Everyone got mad when EA announced that SimCity Testers would be EA Banned if they failed to submit a bug (ie they signed up just to play early).

:joystick:

Neither, nor. I prefer ED do not promise something they can not hold. And the point is they did it twice already..

I think you're being a bit unfair Rhinox. I'm sure ED had every intention of sticking to every word the typed but inevitably unexpected things crop up and you have to allow for that sometimes, saying but they promised this or that changes nothing. It seems they are working flat out to fix this for us and that should be good enough surely? They are a relatively small team so they need all the time and support and patience we can offer. DCS: World has potential unlike any other software on the market and I intend to stick with ED through the tougher times because the wait will most certainly be worth it. for now I'm happy in off line mode trying to learn learn learn....

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]