Thrustmaster Warthog Extension

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the shortest extension I ever made ...

IMG_0618.JPG

IMG_0615.JPG

Absolutely amazing Zahry! Looking forward to getting the extension soon & trying it out. Hopefully US Customs doesn't hold this up like they have some of my football (soccer) gear over the years!

Cheers!

I'm sure he got it sorted out. Mine had a cable mix-up but the service is great. I just got my replacement cable. Yesterday I managed to disassemble the device. Now i'm waiting untill tonight for my sealant (filler) to dry so I can connect it.

Zahry:

The top part now protrudes for about 2 or 3 mm and the bottom cable sticks out a lot more (I put it in as far as I could). I think Í did it right. Do you got any tips/guidelines?

Edit:

Works good now! tomorrow i'll do the offset. (I had to forget something) :)

Edited by Whisky One

hi guys - just discovered my answer is still in a window and I didn't press post :) sorry

hi rage - the QC is sorted I believe and the design should be bang on the money as well :-)

Whiskey One - cheers! i'm happy it's working fine :-) if you'll need any info or advice, post a question, send me a PM or email. the 2-3 mm are perfect and the offset should be easy to do. I've posted more pics on website and there are two ways how to tackle the offset.

• 2 weeks later...

extension is on the way :-) glad we got sorted the nick derelor :-) (still - it's a tongue breaker for me :-D )

on different note - found some footage from multiplayer

ps: that's why I've got the nick "fireball one" ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm planning to order one soon, has anybody considered commercializing a round smaller base to replace the big metal base of the warthog yoke?

I just wish I had the ability to saw the metal base into a smaller round area.

Cheers

L

Simultools

Oh I see. Yes many people have replaced that plate and bolted directly to a platform they have made. I dont think there is any commercial replacement because everyone making a pit has a different way of mounting it.

Lots of people have gone for pvc piping with a flange on top, I went with square steel tubing and a flange welded on with the correct diameter to match that base, as wel as it being offset so it mounted closer to my body.

Hi, I'm planning to order one soon, has anybody considered commercializing a round smaller base to replace the big metal base of the warthog yoke?

I just wish I had the ability to saw the metal base into a smaller round area.

Cheers

L

hi lucky luca - I'm making those as well - just didn't advertised it yet. IMG_0615.JPG. the small plate can be either bolted down or you can use suction cups. I have to work out the price

Edited by zahry

Extension? Me, too!

I, too, would like to buy the extension kit for my HOTAS stick as per the photos. Main reason would be to more accurately represent the A-10C RW stick, but almost as important, to de-sensitise the roll rate per stick deflection (:music_whistling:).

My preference would be to have an extension so that I could mount the base unit of the stick between my knees, or slightly lower, on a fixed base attached to the "cockpit floor" (again, similar to RW). I have the throttle panel mounted so that with hand on throttles my forearm is horizontal, and I think that the actual stick controls should be at the same height.

Please let us know if the extension is now available and how to go about placing an order. :thumbup:

Alpine Systems PC with Intel i7-2600K @ 3.40/3.70 GHz. NVidia GTX590 Graphics. 24 Gb RAM (24 Gb usable!). 64 bit. Windows 7 PRO SP1. 3 x Samsung P2370 monitors. Thrustmaster HOTAS. TrackIR5. :joystick:

hi lucky luca - I'm making those as well - just didn't advertised it yet. the small plate can be either bolted down or you can use suction cups. I have to work out the price

I like that. :thumbup: The shipping to the US might not be too bad for something like that too.

I will definitely be interested in the price when you decide on one.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi zahry.

I'm definitely after one of these base plates.

What are they made of and do you have a price yet?

Thanks,

gb.

hi lucky luca - I'm making those as well - just didn't advertised it yet. IMG_0615.JPG. the small plate can be either bolted down or you can use suction cups. I have to work out the price