Caution "Press S" in version 1.11

Fudd

While playing multiplayer, I have had the issue where I get the "press S" caution label to start the mission. Of course I press S to start the mission but it does not start, just freezes up and I have to quit the mission and reconnect. This happens about 15% of the time. (The server is 1.11 and I have 1.11 installed)

The code is probaly in Russian anyway.

It happens when you get disconnected while the game loads....maybe because of long loading time...

What are your settings in your config\network/config.lua file? Are the 2 item below the same?

gameTimeout = 30;

idleTimeout = 120;

If they are, try changing them to 600 for both of them and your problem should be gone.

sigpic4165_1.gif

attachment.php?attachmentid=36435&d=1266786388

Ok quick question you were the host or the client?

Client

judging buy that comment i'd say he/She's the client ;)

He

Don't know if you've done this yet, but......

Go to C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Eagle Dynamics\Lock On\Config\network\config.lua open with Wordpad and change the values to this.

Code:

gameTimeout = 600;pingPeriod = 1;maxPacketSize = 500;playerName = "(504)Wolverine";idleTimeout = 600;

Ya, I have them set @ 300 so thats probably why. I do notice it happens with long load times.

The code is probaly in Russian anyway.

Alright just checked and It shows Waiting for server on clients side when the server is waiting on Press S to start. Does it show Waiting for server all the times and when you said it happens 15% of the times its only when the Press S is presented to you as a client right?

sigpic4165_1.gif

attachment.php?attachmentid=36435&d=1266786388