What's th earliest version of DCS A-10c that will work in DCS World?

pbpullman

My original installation file is 1.1.0.9, seems to me I had version through at least 1.1.1.1. (Probably lost in when I re-formatted my Vertex SSD). The module icon on the World menu shows 1.2.2...so is the latest version the only one that works as a module inside World? I know I tried version 1.2.2 as standalone, and it was buggy, which seems to be going around. Does it work without flaws inside World?

1.2.2 as standalone? Not sure I understand what you mean - there is no such thing as a 1.2.2 standalone A-10C.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Version 1.1.1.1 was the last standalone version. Anything after that has been implemented into World. There was some confusion with the early modules and stuff Pay very close attention to the version numbers and you will see a difference. Its easy to over look. Sure world has a few problems but its vastly improved over 1.1.1.1.

DCS: A10C Warthog JTAC coordinate entry training mission http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/99424/

DCS: Blackshark 2 interactive training missions http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=84612

I really wish dcs would do something about their update name ...how many posts on people being rightfully confused ???

whatever happend to 1-2-3-4-5-6 etc..

All these inhouse patch numbers going straight to the consumer is a fail :)

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nah, people just need to actually read more and assume less :) The 4 digit version number is actually a very good format to have. Especially in a game like this that will get very large with lots of updates. I posted someplace what the numbers mean, but I cant find it at the moment and Im at work and cant look at my compiler :/

DCS: A10C Warthog JTAC coordinate entry training mission http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/99424/

DCS: Blackshark 2 interactive training missions http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=84612

I really wish dcs would do something about their update name ...how many posts on people being rightfully confused ???

whatever happend to 1-2-3-4-5-6 etc..

All these inhouse patch numbers going straight to the consumer is a fail :)

This is industry standard - it's software.

Inhouse versioning is way more complex, trust me. ;)

As an example from other another game I have:

Starcraft 2: Wings of Liberty - version 1.5.3.23260

Look close enough, and versioning has always been there in all games.

EDIT: Here's some facts on how this kind of thing works: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Versioning

Edited by EtherealN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

This is why my attempt at running 1.2.2 as a "standalone" failed. I remember I had 1.1.1.1 (agreed zlorax... it ran flawlessly and most 3rd party missions written for A-10c were compatible with it). I had not even downloaded DCS World yet, but when I went back to DCS E-shop to get a new download, all they offered was the 1.2.2. file. It appeared to install and start-up by itself just fine, but had numerous glitches and now I'm aware it's because 1.2.2 is designed to be run inside of DC World. I guess there is simply no backwards-compatibility with World, insofar as running previous versions of A10c, FC2, and probably Black Shark as well. I understand why anyway... the program certainly had to be redesigned to incorporate the world, GUI, mission editors into one package, and the actual aircraft as smaller, nimbler modules. I really want Flaming Cliffs 2 but if it won't run inside of World, then I'll just have to wait until FC3 gets its kinks worked out.

• 2 weeks later...

If it causes confusion then its not right :)

Your shoes are not size 9.123143214 ;)

In the cockpit there is one standard not(windows) a million ways to do the same thing ;)

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If it causes confusion then its not right :)

Your shoes are not size 9.123143214 ;)

I really do not see the problem. Software versioning is important, especially now that we have an autoupdater.

The numbers mean something, and they are actually not complex to understand once you've been shown (or googled) what they are. Higher number = newer. That's easy, no? ;)

(And btw, shoes actually are fractional sizes, this is why I have to use one size for some and another size for others... Problem is, since they only give whole numbers, I won't know which is the case until I try them.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Choose between DCS A10C 1.1.1.1 Standalone or DCS World 1.2.2, but the previous version of DCS W are a bad deal IMHO.

Strike Posture Set CAS Center of Excellence

Intel Core i5 4690k @4,6Ghz, Gigabyte GTX 970 OC, Gigabyte Z97-X, 16GB G Skill Sniper @2400, Samsung 860/850 EVO , Win 10 64 bits, Dual monitors 27"@144"Opentrack + TM Warthog + Saitek pro flight combat