Restore default joystick assignments

pluckas

Hi - newbie here.

I have just bought and installed A-10C about a week ago and have been slowly coming to grips with this great sim.

Tonight I seem to have messed up my joystick assignments somehow (the default Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog). I noticed that was unable to change view using the hat switch, and then noticed that none of the buttons were working in the A-10C (though they seemed to work with the Su-25T).

I've tried fiddling about in both the assignments area, and even tried reinstalling the entire app without success.

Is there a setting somewhere (registry?) for resetting the application's joystick parameters?

I'm at a loss, and would really like to get things working again the way they should.

Any help gratefully received.

Paul

All joystick assignments are located under the Options > Controls tab.

That's the good news...

The bad news is that you must assign ALL the options for EACH modules, via the drop down list in the upper left corner.

Select a module (A-10 Sim, for example), make your assignments, lather, rinse, repeat...

To reset to default, navigate to the folder C:\Users\your name\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input and delete the folder for the specific module... Or delete the entire folder to reset all. A new folder will be made the next time you start the sim...

It's also STRONGLY recommended that you take the time to delete any conflicting assignments when you create your profile. The default system assigns appropriate controls to ALL the controllers it detects on your system, only sometimes they're not appropriate and can cause conflicts...