Want to buy, but I am confused...

Guest g00b

Howdy everyone,

I want to buy Lo-Mac but I am confused with the patches, add-ons, etc...

What is the best way to go about it?

There's a cheap lo-mac and a gold version. The gold version comes with flaming cliffs? Is Black Shark a stand-alone or add-on? Should I just wait for Black Shark to come out?

No offence but the developers or whoever should really make a "roadmap" so newbies like me don't get so confused.

g00b

PS I hate Starforce with a passion. I'm more than willing to buy this game, is there a way to obtain a legal non-starforce version?

There's a cheap lo-mac and a gold version. The gold version comes with flaming cliffs? Is Black Shark a stand-alone or add-on? Should I just wait for Black Shark to come out?

No offence but the developers or whoever should really make a "roadmap" so newbies like me don't get so confused.

g00b

It's confusing, sure enough ;)

Don't wait for Black Shark to come out - it'll be another addon that you can pick up when it's released. "Planned release" is March 2006 - I'm betting on closer to Christmas 2006 ;)

You want to get Flaming Cliffs somehow . . . you can either do that by buying Lock On Gold, or buying Lomac and the Flaming Cliffs addon separately.

Lock On Gold first - would be ideal if you could guarantee it worked. Unfortunately, the first run of the disk 2s (the Flaming Cliffs install disk) was faulty . . . and there's no way to tell if you got a faulty disk until you install it. Evolved (the publishers of Lock On Gold) say they will replace the disk, but there are stories of it taking weeks.

If you're more in a hurry, you can purchase Lomac and the Flaming Cliffs addon separately - you'll get it quicker, but it might be more expensive.

If you do go that route, you can either buy the download from the lockon.ru website, or the CD from NaturalPoint.com/RCSims/Simware.

Like the old saying goes . . . . do you want it fast, cheap, or good?

PS I hate Starforce with a passion. I'm more than willing to buy this game, is there a way to obtain a legal non-starforce version?

No.

To the best of my knowledge there isn't a way to obtain an illegal non-starforce version either, so if you want to get Lock On, you have to get StarForce as well. That's your choice, though. If you hate StarForce that much, you may have to pass on a number of games.

the list goes like this

1.00- original Lock On

1.01 and 1.02 are patches

1.1- Flaming Cliffs is an addon (if you get this then you don't have to install the 2 patches above)

1.11- is a patch for FC (latest one right now)

I say the best way to get it is Lock On Gold since it contains both (but the first few cds had a problem with FC so if u do get it, you will get it replaced after you contact evolved games who published the gold version)

Don't wait for Black Shark because that will take one heck of a long time to wait. It says it comes out on march of 2006, but actually it will probably be this time next year. So get comfortable with the game now and learn the keys or make upgrades to your computer. Btw...welcome to the forum!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If your looking for and Intense Combat flight simulator.

Especially online. Then this is for you.

True, there is a learning curve. But, that’s part of the enjoyment.

As for Starforce. I for one never had no issues with this protection schema.

This community is always willing to assist in a helping hand if you respect what this “Game” is. For myself it’s all about having fun and learning at the same time. Installation procedures are pretty simple. If you do, get it. Then have fun and cya up their in the Lomac sky’s.

Cheers

well i just finished installing a new motherboard and a total reinstall of this game. Installed cd then flaming cliffs , movie pack , seasonal pack DEFRAGGED, then started my stop watch, went to this website and found my key copyed it and clicked on the lock on fc icon , chose auto activation , inserted my key and boom im done.

I never saw anything bad about starforce with my last config and dont expect anything now, plus I think ED provides a tool to later remove it SF if you want. Buy the game I would.

YOU HAVE ONLY ONE CONCERN.

Dont install the brand new patch for flaming cliffs, it will break some of the training missions and those you need to run. However you could install the patch and just uninstall it from windows if you wana go back and run training.

So forget about the patchs to lock on, just buy or dl flaming cliffs and you will be good to go.

Asus P8Z68-V GEN3/ 2500k 4.4ghz / Corsair 64gb SSD Cache / Corsair 8g 1600 ddr3 / 2 x 320gb RE3 Raid 0 /Corsair 950w/ Zotac 560TI AMP 1gb / Zalman GS1200 case /G940/

or as 1.11 runs smoother, has some useful bug fixes & nice changes - download the patch once you've done the training for the plane you want to try first, patch the game, when you're ready for a different plane, use the patch uninstaller before training & re-install to use 1.11.

Cheers.

You think SF is bad?

Ever stick a SONY Music CD in your computer? :D

Yeah...I saw that on TV. The major security software companies declared open season on those CD's. What a mess...

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

It's a worse mess than you think.

Those same security companies ignored this for over a long time. Can you trust them with your computer security now?

McAffee and Symantec both - IIRC the one company that 'did it right' to some extent, was F-Secure - they agressively attacked the existance of this rootkit/trojan.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN
You think SF is bad?

Ever stick a SONY Music CD in your computer? :D

LOL, Try getting round that, and you end up with a dead cd drive :( so i been hearing.

BAD Sony :icon_evil