G940 discontinued?

Has Logitech stopped offering the G940 controller? I have one that I purchased from newegg over a year ago, but wanted to see what the latest opinions on it were like and I see that they don't even offer it anymore. Then I go to the Logitech site and it doesn't show in the offerings there either. I felt the controller was skittish after I had it for a while, but now since software updates and support were dropped it just confirms that my purchase was not a good choice. Never again to Logitech. I will stay away from their products like the flu. :(

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Hmmm ... Interesting. I hope Logitech will come up with something new and better, and FFB ...

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

I was ready to buy one a week ago until I have read posts about broken FFB. Then I did some more digging and... well it's Logitech. For several years now they have been making crap. Even their wheels get bad opinions more often, not to mention their gaming mice (Razer went down the drain, but they still do better).

Basically, we seem to lack new gear and perspectives for it. CH is awesome or so I hear, but expensive, same goes for TM. With Logi out of the picture, we are left with Saitek, and they seem to stop making new stuff, so it's either going cheap with X52 or being condemned to Force sensing and crappy layout.

I was considering Warthog, but it's not available in my country and getting it from abroad kills the purpose in terms of price, not to mention you need pedals...

if got a G940 now for a 1,5 years never had a problem with it FFB works like a charm

so i dont see the point why it shoud be a bad stick

if they stopped producing it than il be pretty sure they will come up with something improved

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic90574_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Australasian Gaming Community

Specs: Intel Quad 2.4GHz -- Geforce GTX 560 Duo -- SSD HDD -- 8Gb Mem -- 23" led -- 17"touch -- Logitech G940 Flight System --JoyLocs-- TIR 5 -- Cougar MFD'S -- Helios -

I have been using a G940 for over 2 years now (bought it the first week it hit the stores).

It is not a bad stick, but it has its quirks.

Recently we were doing a very long (over 2 hours) formation flight, and suddenly my FFB switched off because the stick got overheated.

A squadron member had the same issue, and tried to solve it by drilling holes in the base over the FFB motors.

I will continue to use it until it is worn, then I think I'll go for the TM Warthog.

Dutch Flanker Display Team | LLTM 2010 Tiger Spirit Award

I have been using a G940 for over 2 years now (bought it the first week it hit the stores).

Recently we were doing a very long (over 2 hours) formation flight, and suddenly my FFB switched off because the stick got overheated.

A squadron member had the same issue, and tried to solve it by drilling holes in the base over the FFB motors.

I will continue to use it until it is worn, then I think I'll go for the TM Warthog.

I am switching to the TM Warthog some day as well

i havent had a overheated G940 yet if that happends il be switching to the TM Warthag straight away

Specs: Intel Quad 2.4GHz -- Geforce GTX 560 Duo -- SSD HDD -- 8Gb Mem -- 23" led -- 17"touch -- Logitech G940 Flight System --JoyLocs-- TIR 5 -- Cougar MFD'S -- Helios -

The problem with mine has been in the throttle recently. In the lower HAT switch the functionality ceases to work when the throttle is in certain positions randomly. My FFB has cut out from time to time also, but that's second on my list of issues. The fact that Logitech has cut support altogether is the real kicker. Not a fan anymore. If there is something new on the horizon to "replace" the G940 it wont sell with me. I'll be afraid of the same scenario of the cut and runaway on the customer now.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional

Only problem i had with the G940 throttle was that

the scroll wheels on each side which i used back than for camera view

when you moved the throttle it interfeared with the scroll wheels so your cam would look around without you touching them

simply fixed that by opening the console and get the screw out that holds the cable on its place ( its to tight )

that shoudn be necessary but it worked out pretty good so far no problems

so i dont see the point why it shoud be a bad stick

There's several reasons, the most important one being that only the stick X and Y axis use contactless sensors.

The other axes use potentiometers of relative low quality that seem to have a lot of noise (as well as having a huge spread concerning lifetime expectancy). Instead of replacing those with hall sensors as well, the engineers had the questionable idea of adding hysteresis to all axes (even to those equipped with hall sensors and therefore not in need of such a thing). Why they did that i do not know, i could have come up with a couple better filters to get rid of noise in just a few minutes. The nature of the hysteresis is that when you reverse your movement, the axis will only pick it up after you have moved for a bit, which, depending on your axis settings, can make formation flying quite hard.

I'm still scratching my head about that piece of hardware, i'm sure that the engineers had quite the restrictions to cope with (the unit price is relatively cheap for what you get), but all in all, it is a half-baked product if you ask me.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

problems of G940 can be solved at least partially.

the buttons, rotaries from throttle are due to bad wiring... wires has to be fixed in it by user or replaced.

the histeresis gimmick that almost destroyed the HOTAS can be fixed via a BU0836 controller.

I also saw that Logitech stopped selling G940 on their site. Maybe they go broke... :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

If that happened to me I would water cool the PoS by flushing it down the toilet. :joystick: :pain:

If that happened to me I would water cool the PoS by flushing it down the toilet. :joystick: :pain:

That would have looked a bit strange as it happened during a live demo at a flightsim event...

It's a bit of a surprise to me that Logitech has discontinued the G940, as they were at the last Milsim event, and were quite open to our complaints.

They even gave me a brand-new set to stress-test during the event (had to return it afterwards though :()

During the event that set didn't overheat, although it did get quite hot at times.

I am currently saving money for a Warthog, as my FFB is making more and more strange noises lately.

Dutch Flanker Display Team | LLTM 2010 Tiger Spirit Award

problems of G940 can be solved at least partially.

the buttons, rotaries from throttle are due to bad wiring... wires has to be fixed in it by user or replaced.

the histeresis gimmick that almost destroyed the HOTAS can be fixed via a BU0836 controller.

I also saw that Logitech stopped selling G940 on their site. Maybe they go broke... :D

Can you please elaborate on the BU0836 fix? Any guide?

Thanks.

I was ready to buy one a week ago until I have read posts about broken FFB. Then I did some more digging and... well it's Logitech. For several years now they have been making crap. Even their wheels get bad opinions more often, not to mention their gaming mice (Razer went down the drain, but they still do better).

Basically, we seem to lack new gear and perspectives for it. CH is awesome or so I hear, but expensive, same goes for TM. With Logi out of the picture, we are left with Saitek, and they seem to stop making new stuff, so it's either going cheap with X52 or being condemned to Force sensing and crappy layout.

I was considering Warthog, but it's not available in my country and getting it from abroad kills the purpose in terms of price, not to mention you need pedals...

Well CH is not expensive- you only have to buy it once.. But- I realize this is not 100% universally true depending on where you are in the world.. If there is a serious lack of CH availability, etc.. But I can tell you that this stuff is rock solid, and as dependable as the sunrise. Great software, great support. Highly recommended.

If you can get it, and it's anywhere close to the cost of lesser brands- it more than makes up for it with years of service.

So here in the US, for what it's worth- Replace anything else 1 time- you've easily exceeded a price of a full set of CH..

The problem that Logi have got is that they have lost all credibility. The G940 could have been a must buy for the flight sim community but they cocked it up by ignoring the early users reports of the wire situation in the throttle and the reversal issue on the pots used in the throttle, rudder, and rotaries. Even if they made a Warthog quality hotas with force feedback no-one would believe them.

The problem that Logi have got is that they have lost all credibility. The G940 could have been a must buy for the flight sim community but they cocked it up by ignoring the early users reports of the wire situation in the throttle and the reversal issue on the pots used in the throttle, rudder, and rotaries. Even if they made a Warthog quality hotas with force feedback no-one would believe them.

Very true for me. After reading about the shortcuts/decisions made to save money on their end knowing there were solutions to these problems speaks volumes in their customer care or lack thereof. :disgust:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional

The rudder pedals on mine are buggy, I have to set a large dead zone. The feedback can crap out if it gets too hot. Other than that, it is awesome. I don't regret buying it.

Thermaltake Core P90 Tempered Glass//Thermaltake iRGB Plus 1200W//GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER LGA 1151//i9-9900K//Thermaltake CL420 Copper Radiator//Thermaltake W4 Plus//Thermaltake 140mm Radiator Fan Triple Pack//Samsung 1TB 970 EVO NVMe M2//SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 500GB //CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB 3200//GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 TI//Logitech G940//Virpil MT50 Throttle//MFG Crosswind rudder pedals//Geko GSeat//Gametrix Jetseat//Htc Vive//Pimax 5k+//Viril VFX//Razer Nari Ultimate

You Still Seem to be able to buy it i the uk at least.

http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/gaming/joysticks/5855

I am quite happy with mine, I have had to rewire the thing completly but I don't think I would advise people to by it.

Mods I use: KA-50 JTAC - Better Fire and Smoke - Unchain Rudder from trim KA50 - Sim FFB for G940 - Beczl Rocket Pods Updated!

Processor: Intel Q6600 @ 3.00GHz

GPU: GeForce MSI RTX 2060 6GB

RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR2

HDD: 1TBGB Crucial SSD

Peripherals: Logitech G940 Hotas, TrackiR 5, Voice Activated commands , Sharkoon 5.1 headset. ,Touch Control for iPad, JoyToKey

It is available on Amazon for $669 !! See attached screenshot.

G940.thumb.jpg.230921f765c6a841bc8049d158204642.jpg

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit