Clouds Texture Corruption with Latest Nvidia Drivers

Brit Radar Dude said:

"Wouldn't this question be better put on a Nvidia forum as it is their problem (and not ED's) for releasing a borked set of drivers ?"

Yes and no. It is more ED's problem because they will be the ones hurt if their game doesn't work with the latest driver set. Even if Nvidia's at fault, it's in ED's best interest to get this fixed. Don't get me wrong, I think ED has done an excellent job with the simulation but it would be great if ED can work with Nvidia as a developer to get these graphics issues closed. If ED doesn't act on this (I doubt Nvidia will since they have less to lose....if they support the big games like FEAR, BF2 blah blah, then they are ok), ED as well as us end users lose. Right now I cannot enjoy this simulation because of the corrupted cloud textures and would like this fixed. Is that too much to ask?

Brit Radar Dude said:

"Wouldn't this question be better put on a Nvidia forum as it is their problem (and not ED's) for releasing a borked set of drivers ?"

Yes and no. It is more ED's problem because they will be the ones hurt if their game doesn't work with the latest driver set. Even if Nvidia's at fault, it's in ED's best interest to get this fixed. Don't get me wrong, I think ED has done an excellent job with the simulation but it would be great if ED can work with Nvidia as a developer to get these graphics issues closed. If ED doesn't act on this (I doubt Nvidia will since they have less to lose....if they support the big games like FEAR, BF2 blah blah, then they are ok), ED as well as us end users lose. Right now I cannot enjoy this simulation because of the corrupted cloud textures and would like this fixed. Is that too much to ask?

Things always get better if team effort is used. If it becomes a finger pointing match, nothing gets solved.

I would think that ED has more pull than the end-user in a matter like this. ED and Nvidia can work together with the technical details of both the game rendering engine and diver releases. Things the end user are not aware of indepth.

Rack Rig: Rosewill RSV-L4000 | Koolance ERM-3K3UC | Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.9ghz w/EK Monoblock | Asus Rampage IV Black Edition | 64GB 2133mhz | SLI TitanXP w/ EK Waterblocks | 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB | Seasonic 1000w Titanium | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | TM Warthog HOTAS w/40cm Extension | MFG Crosswind Rudders | Obutto R3volution | HP Reverb

• 2 weeks later...

I must say that I have the same problem with clouds, I was ready to post some pictures when I found this thread. I thought is sumthing about "loman" too but, it seems more a 8X.XX driver release from nVidia.

Thanx for the partial solution... to revert ti last 7X.XX series driver. I used to do a diferent thing :D... When bug apeared I quickly presed F11 to change the scenery and to force some sort of reload of textures, then back to Cockpit... most of the times works.

I hope that someone from ED could give an opinion about that so this will not become something like texture transparency loss in IL-2 when drivers post 66.93 were used. In that matter Maddox Games had to make an work around because nVidia didn't aparently move one finger... (and when you think... in one year I bought an 6800 AGP and then upgraded to 6800GT PCIe :mad: )

And the "flickering" clouds shadows that apears sometimes are related to this?

Also... I must say that I have an Asus Motherboard, Athlon 64 (occed to 3200) and an 6800GT pcie .

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Well, I'm still waiting for ED to at least acknowledge this issue and respond here. I haven't played this sim since this problem cropped up. I really can't reinstall drivers every time I play this game...just takes too much time to do. I really hope ED will respond to this thread and let us know what to expect in terms of a fix for this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've got a 7800GT and 81.x drivers and after playing one missions, all subsequent missions all clouds dissapear, even though i get their reflection in water. There are other anaomolies too, like in the su33 quick start mission the plane has no shadow effects on full shadows, and is constantly coloured as if in 'shadow'.

Oh this is v 1.02

Edit:

And not to mention the harsh black jagged lines around coastal edges when views at certain angles.

• 2 weeks later...
This problem has been reported for a long time. Enough time I would think for ED to address it in 1.12. Why was this problem not addressed?

Most probably because it's a bug with the Nvidia drivers. Normally it's not practical to develop workarounds for bugs in drivers, which may very well be gone again in the next version (like it happened with the ATI water bug that has disappeared).

Caretaker

ED Beta Test Team

Hello.

The bug is not present (for me) with 83.60 beta drivers (4x AA and 'preference appli' for anisotrop).

But i'm bug with shadows for the plane (full shadows) , i'm take (all planars).

And is good for me.

6800 gt 256Mo whith xp pro sp2 (1go ram and amd 3500+ 64 bits).

ps:Sorry for my very poor english.

the link for the beta drivers:

http://www.3dchipset.com/drivers/nvidia/beta/nt5/8360.php

Most probably because it's a bug with the Nvidia drivers. Normally it's not practical to develop workarounds for bugs in drivers, which may very well be gone again in the next version (like it happened with the ATI water bug that has disappeared).

Thanks for your thoughts but really, I'd like to hear from the horses mouth. I'd like ED to say what you said that this is a Nvidia bug. And even if it is, they should at least let us know they are working with Nvidia to fix this problem. The bug has been present in many iterations of the last Nvidia drivers so it doesn't look like it "may very well be gone agin in the next version".

Not sure if this is really a bug, Got a Nvidia BFG 6800GT and I dont have any cloud corruption whats so ever on my rig. Maybe your card is over heating or you might be due for a cleanup for dust. It might be also defect. Just a thought...

rule #1 when installing new drivers, make sure you use some type of app like dirvercleaner to remove your old traces of drivers. To often I've seen that was the source of any tearing issues, this and overclocking... Also, you might want to check your driver display settings. Try Negative LOD bias to clamp instead of allow.

Might help.

Cheers

Kindred, what are your graphic settings?

I have also 6800Gt and the bug exist. I use 4XAA 8XAF full quality no optimisations in the driver. Ingame I have terrain 50KM, preload at medium water medium, rest of the sttings at maximum.

I am using 81.98 driver, when I revert to 78.01 the clouds are ok. And I am using a driver cleaner program.

edit (some pics)

screenshot1521el.th.jpg screenshot1539ck.th.jpg screenshot2098ts.th.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Kindred, what are your graphic settings?

I have also 6800Gt and the bug exist. I use 4XAA 8XAF full quality no optimisations in the driver. Ingame I have terrain 50KM, preload at medium water medium, rest of the sttings at maximum.

I am using 81.98 driver, when I revert to 78.01 the clouds are ok. And I am using a driver cleaner program.

edit (some pics)

screenshot1521el.th.jpg screenshot1539ck.th.jpg screenshot2098ts.th.jpg

humm0ot.th.jpg

lomacsettings5ud.th.jpg

Heat blur usually disable due that I usually fly in cockpit / Ace settings, and it gives me more FPS.

Your issue is not new to me. At the time, my issue was “Overclocking”. I had exceeded my threshold. Also alt-tab was always a pain for this. I concur, it might not be in your case though.

I recommend you check your core temp in the Nvidia settings. Besides this, is the issue always apparent on your rig? Or does it happen after few hours of game flight? Your computer is it always on? Dust on your fans? Your power supply is adequate?

Always go with the process of elimination. If I can be in any assistance let me know.

Cheers

Heat blur usually disable due that I usually fly in cockpit / Ace settings, and it gives me more FPS.

Your issue is not new to me. At the time, my issue was “Overclocking”. I had exceeded my threshold. Also alt-tab was always a pain for this. I concur, it might not be your in your case though.

I recommend you check your core temp in the Nvidia settings. Besides this, is the issue always apparent on your rig? Or does it happen after few hours of game flight? Your computer is it always on? Dust on your fans? Your power supply is adequate?

Always go with the process of elimination. If I can be in any assistance let me know.

Cheers

Kindred, this has nothing to do with heat or overclocking etc. This bug doesn't exist when using older Nvidia drivers. I use 66.93 now because of this bug. Newer drivers like the latest 81.xx drivers exhibit this problem. so again, my card or pc doesn't need a dusting...this is a bug that needs fixing by ED or Nvidia. I'd just like acknowledgement from ED that it's being looked into. That's all.

Kindred' date=' this has nothing to do with heat or overclocking etc. This bug doesn't exist when using older Nvidia drivers. I use 66.93 now because of this bug. Newer drivers like the latest 81.xx drivers exhibit this problem. so again, my card or pc doesn't need a dusting...this is a bug that needs fixing by ED or Nvidia. I'd just like acknowledgement from ED that it's being looked into. That's all.[/quote']

Rgr, no prob, have you tried these out?

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1299

ForceWare 82.65 Win2000/XP x32

Publisher Description

Windows 2000/XP 32-bit WHQL

There awesome for my rig.

Cheers:cool:

those problems are present only in newer version of the drivers and they almost everytime disapear once you switch view with F10 or F11 and then back to F1.

I'll record a movie...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

I havn't had this bug for ages (see my post earlier in this thread)

I have just done a clean install of XP Pro and LOFC 1.12a (no mod's) and i just got the damn cloud bug back..does anyone else still suffer from this?

At times it was worse than this screen-shot show's!

p.s No prob's in BF2 ect or EECH & F4AF

nvida forceware 84.21

COMPAQ P110 21inch CRT

1280 *1024

85hz

lockon20060416191816269au.jpg

Be Good..Be Strong..:drink: ;)