FC3 Bug thread

SU-33 Loadout Causes CTD in FC3

I recently reported this problem related to one particuliar SU-33 CAP loadout, which caused my F-15C mission to CTD. Now I have determined that this also occurs with this one SU-33 loadout when opposed to player in a Mig-29.

The crash occurs once you enter BVR mode, even without turning the RADAR on.

I have attached a screen print of the loadout, a crash log and the mission file.

I hope this gets investigated for potential inclusion in the bugs to be resolved list.

NOTE: Testing this further is seems to be cuased by the R-27EM Missile in the selected loadout. Perhaps ED can confirm if the R-27EM is supposed to be in any loadouts, or is it in this one in error?

DCS-20130319-133905.txt

test Mig29s vs SU 33.miz

1263418644_Launcher2013-03-1909-40-59-33.thumb.jpg.095fe3695f7297daf4c43002050bbb37.jpg

Edited by lennycutler

Velocity MicroI7-4790 Windows 7 Home Premium 16Gigs RAM EVGA NVIDIA GTX 1070 500GB SSD TM Hotas Warthog

Where do you see the EM?

See attached pictures from the SU-33 Payload Screen for CAP missions...note I edited the name of the payload, not the payload.

71723409_Launcher2013-03-1912-14-19-83.thumb.jpg.6fb5e2654521bd2a7a853425d6337cf5.jpg

377430940_Launcher2013-03-1912-14-32-17.thumb.jpg.a016162b11d6e7d8a54eb4230ae27e9c.jpg

Velocity MicroI7-4790 Windows 7 Home Premium 16Gigs RAM EVGA NVIDIA GTX 1070 500GB SSD TM Hotas Warthog

See attached pictures from the SU-33 Payload Screen for CAP missions...note I edited the name of the payload, not the payload.

If you are able to select a R-27EM from the payload screen with the 1.2.3 install then it's probably your install that is borked as the EM has been removed a good while ago.

Just verified with my 1.2.3. install and the EM is not selectable.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Viper, I can't check right now, but can you see if any of the default payloads have EM's onboard?

Which payloads?

Canned missions?

Edit: Just checked a sample of canned missions and no EM's present.

Edited by 159th_Viper

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

For me, this only occurs when selecting a payload for the SU-33, when the SU-33 is an AI aircraft.

Which is why I stated that your install is somehow borked - there are no EM's to select in the latest version 1.2.3.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks,

I tried the repair option..but the R-27EM is still available....should I re-install DCS world and FC3....and does the saved games folder have an impact on this happening?...I never delete it...since I update via the auto updater.

UPDATE: Re-Install DCS World only, not the Mods....and retained all folders in Saved Games.

This solved the problem.

Edited by lennycutler

Batumi Airbase Runway error

Hi all,

I just printed the aerodrome charts and saw that batumi airbase has runway 30 and 12. But ingame its 31 and 13. So maybe one shouild change the aerodrome chart or the msg ingame. See Screenshot with Batumi saying to go on runway 13 instead of 12 according to the airport chart.

just my 2 cents :)

Happy flying

Demon

Screen_Batumi.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Founder of the -=VDS=-

:pilotfly:

I noticed that the MiG-29 RWR doesn't give friendly radar indications anymore? I think in 1.2.2 you used to get RWR indications of your wingman's search radar emissions?

Well, anyway, the problem is this - if I place a Russian EWR, I don't get any indication on the RWR. If I change the owning country to e.g. Ukraine, the detection is there. Now, since it's the same EWR model, this seems odd, unless e.g. they were capable to fine tune the EWR emissions to specific coded frequencies so that the RWR could be programmed to classify those as coming from a friendly unit. But, that seems a bit too much to expect from the analogue technology of the time.. The other option would be that the RWR was programed to ignore Soviet made radars (except maybe the exported tech if it was modified)?

Eagerly awaiting some insider information regarding this.. :)

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Please tell me if this is already noted... this is getting to be a huge thread.

At least in the F-15C (I *think* this is true in all FC3 aircraft), the heading tape moves when you roll the aircraft (not just when heading actually changes)!!! Super annoying and makes it almost impossible to roll out on a desired heading precisely.

The little tiny tick-mark on the heading tape that indicates your current active waypoint reacts really terribly when approaching a waypoint, dragging off to one side or another, regardless of the direction of your next turn. And this little tick-mark does not seem very true to RL F-15C HUD symbology (I don't have anything to back that up with, so yell at me if I'm off base).

That tick-mark also goes full deflection on the HUD heading tape sometimes when maneuvering (even mildly) if your next waypoint is near 360 degrees (North)... probably within 5 degrees or less. It's pretty awful to try to follow the Nav indications really.

Nevermind lack of bullseye, lack of moving map, etc. Pretty much just flying around visually up there w/out a map.

Love the sim... love it, just want to help make it better.

"Snipe"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OS => Win7 64-bit Ultimate | MOBO => ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe | RAM => 8GB | VIDEO CARD => XFX ATI 4850 | CONTROLLER => Saitek X52 | DISPLAY => ASUS 25.5" 1600x1280 | HDD => 150GB WD Raptor (10K RPM)

F18C Unstable on Vinsen

Attempting 4 ship launch from Vinsen:

a. Aircraft rise above deck by about 4-6 feet then slowly float back down onto it

b. Second and third aircraft always explode just after leaving the deck

Not sure if this has been reported already, I could not find anything so assume it is not.

Hi,

I guess I encountered new bugs in the Mission Editor: V1.2.3

1.) When you place a ship convoy of lets say 4 ships with different types (tanker, corvette etc.) than you only see the first ships icon. The rest is invisible. If start moving the ship group the other ships appear again. Hope that bug is not already known

2.) If you are in cockpit few and on ground and you press LALT+Ä (german version) or LALT+ ' to get into the loadout screen and select the desired configuration, even without changeing the fuel slider it automaticly says refueling. That is not necessary if you even didnt touch the slieder. I just want to rearm. Can someone confirm that or am I doing something wrong?

my 2 cents

cheers

Demon

Edited by -=Demon=-

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Founder of the -=VDS=-

HSI MIG29 minor graphic bug

A minor graphic bug on the MIG29 HSI. The first digit of the DME readout actually sits outside the HSI overwriting the HSI surround. The digits on both DME and Course Digits don't line up with their respective tumblers. They all look slightly shifted to the left ... Layer alignment issue perhaps ?

fc3hsibug2_zps3bd1c4b9.jpg

Yet to check the other types.

I noticed that the MiG-29 RWR doesn't give friendly radar indications anymore? I think in 1.2.2 you used to get RWR indications of your wingman's search radar emissions?

Well, anyway, the problem is this - if I place a Russian EWR, I don't get any indication on the RWR. If I change the owning country to e.g. Ukraine, the detection is there. Now, since it's the same EWR model, this seems odd, unless e.g. they were capable to fine tune the EWR emissions to specific coded frequencies so that the RWR could be programmed to classify those as coming from a friendly unit. But, that seems a bit too much to expect from the analogue technology of the time.. The other option would be that the RWR was programed to ignore Soviet made radars (except maybe the exported tech if it was modified)?

Eagerly awaiting some insider information regarding this.. :)

Have you tried placing an enemy aircraft in the vicinity, I think radar equipment only becomes active when an enemy is about, or if you put the unit in an alarm state of Red.

I think the EWR is bust with displaying contacts or is that me. I know there are ghost tracks left by AWACS which will need a track.

Edited by Frostie

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

Strange AI behaviour SU-34

In the attached simple mission my F-15C attempts to engage a SU-34 armed with bombs and air-air weapons.

When the SU-34 detects my missile launch it makes an abrupt manuver and dives into the ground.

It did this when its flight alt was low, so I raised the alt to a few thousand feet.

The AI is set to Expert - It would appear that the AI behavior is a bug- appreciate if someone from ED Testers group can check this out.

F15C VS SU34 AIM 9.miz

In the attached simple mission my F-15C attempts to engage a SU-34 armed with bombs and air-air weapons.

When the SU-34 detects my missile launch it makes an abrupt manuver and dives into the ground.

It did this when its flight alt was low, so I raised the alt to a few thousand feet.

The AI is set to Expert - It would appear that the AI behavior is a bug- appreciate if someone from ED Testers group can check this out.

hi, i can confirm this. i also have done a mission where you have to engage 2 mirage 2000. as soon as the AI detects the missile it begins to dive and crashes in the ground. Height is at 10.000 feet. Sometimes the missile hits the ground before the AI. That is not always the case so i thouht the AI is just damn stupid rather than that beeing a bug.

cheers

Demon

Edited by -=Demon=-

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Founder of the -=VDS=-

Mig29 and SU27 Target unlock no longer works in toggle fashion in any radar mode (BVR Scan, TWS 1 or TWS 2) as it used to.

Previously if the TDC was over the return a single press of an assigned Target Lock button would lock the target a second press would unlock the target... this is desirable. In other words it operated in a Toggle fashion. It still behaves this way in theF15C.

So somehow the Russian types now have this bug. A manual keypress of the target Unlock function still works.

Edited by IvanK

"At least in the F-15C (I *think* this is true in all FC3 aircraft), the heading tape moves when you roll the aircraft (not just when heading actually changes)!!! Super annoying and makes it almost impossible to roll out on a desired heading precisely."

Agreed this also is tied in with the localiser deviation bar and or steering circle in the HUD behaving in a similar fashion, neither should respond this way to straight out roll inputs. The Localiser/steering circle bugged behaviour was previously reported. All aircraft do in fact behave this way in FC3

Item 113 in the unresolved list

Edited by IvanK

Mig29 and SU27 Target unlock no longer works in toggle fashion in any radar mode (BVR Scan, TWS 1 or TWS 2) as it used to.

Previously if the TDC was over the return a single press of an assigned Target Lock button would lock the target a second press would unlock the target... this is desirable. In other words it operated in a Toggle fashion. It still behaves this way in theF15C.

So somehow the Russian types now have this bug. A manual keypress of the target Unlock function still works.

I believe I've read somewhere that the real Su-27S has a target unlock button on the throttle. I don't believe there is a toggle function of the lock button in the real craft. Don't know about MiG-29 though.

Well why is it that in the F15 it still works in toggle fashion ? Looking at the various versions of the F15 manuals this should also then apply to the F15 as break lock is done by the reject position of the auto Acq Switch.

Prior to the last patch it worked in toggle fashion, the change has occurred with the last update.

Can the devs comment if this has been a deliberate decision in the last update or a bug that has crept in ? ... maybe related the the introduction of TWS 2 mode ? Though maybe not strictly HOTAS accurate it does make for easier game HOTAS functionality ... i.e only need to use one button for Lock/unlock.

Edited by IvanK

I have noticed several problems.

1. Multiplayer Tracks when played back are different that what really happened.

2. Landing flaps do not work. When you put them down they are just full flaps. They should be half flaps.

3. When NPC planes launch of carrier they explode.

4. When landing on carrier with the SU-33 you go through the deck sometimes and crash.

5. Auto lock for missiles should not target friendly targets. That is one of the purposes of the Friend or Foe transponders.

I hope this stuff gets fixed. This is a great game.

Edited by sabellamy

I have noticed several problems.

1. Multiplayer Tracks when played back are different that what really happened.

2. Landing flaps do not work. When you put them down they are just full flaps. They should be half flaps.

3. When NPC planes launch of carrier they explode.

4. When landing on carrier with the SU-33 you go through the deck sometimes and crash.

5. Auto lock for missiles should not target friendly targets. That is one of the purposes of the Friend or Foe transponders.

I hope this stuff gets fixed. This is a great game.

1.yep

2. nope

3.Sometimes

4.not always. But what version you flying because in 1.2.3 I don't have that issue.

5. yep

so in response to your post all issues are already known and are being delt with thank you for your repost..:book:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||