FC3 Bug thread

Did you do a couple of landings or look at the tracks regarding the F-15C gear Viper?

Busy with that right now.....slow going......choking on budgie-feathers......

:P

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Hi gents!

Just curious, has the buggy 33 mid air refueling in MP been solved yet?

There seems to be an issue with basket getting disconnected resulting in radio loops for disconnect-reconnect, even though it is visually perfectly attached!

The only way to get fuel is to actually drop back slightly whereby the basket is shown as disconnected, yet you receive fuel anyway... Quite odd if you ask me.

Breakshot_Sig_2.jpg

Tim "Breakshot" Mytrofanov | C.O. of 51 ПВО / 100 КИАП Regiments | twitch.tv/51breakshot

TWS lock bandits automatically even if you take the target designator all the way to the side. I would say this is a bug since it doesn't allow you to scan and track several bandits in TWS whit out it locking something, Very irritating!!! I can post a track f you don't understand what I mean, I don't believe this is realistic feature. TWS was working much better in FC2.

Edited by Teknetinium

Teknetinium 2017.jpg
                        51st PVO Discord SATAC YouTube

TWS lock bandits automatically even if you take the target designator all the way to the side. I would say this is a bug since it doesn't allow you to scan and track several bandits in TWS whit out it locking something, Very irritating!!!

Thats how it works Tek - SNP(TWS) is an automated mode.

JJ

There must be a way to set TWS not lock automatically, there must be a choice for that or TWS becomes useless because you can not track two bandits whit out it locking one of them.The problem is not that the scan zone is moving rather then target designator jumping on the target and locks it automatically, would be good as it was before where target designator dose it when you put it close to the bandit.

Ill try to get some help to check it out if there is any info about it in the manual.

Edited by Teknetinium

Teknetinium 2017.jpg
                        51st PVO Discord SATAC YouTube

It has been, ie it has been removed to accord with RL behaviour. In other words, EOS is not capable of being slewed in elevation in the Mig.

You are correct about not moving... but EOS in the lock on is gyro stabilize (in the BVR mode). Mean where ever I point my nose it will always scan horizon making EOS in BVR mode not useful (in FC3). In the vertical mode (in the FC3) EOS working ok, not gyro stabilize.

• Like 1

Rocket brigade who retired F-117

but EOS in the lock on is gyro stabilize (in the BVR mode)....

Correct.

#100.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Hi gents!

Just curious, has the buggy 33 mid air refueling in MP been solved yet?

There seems to be an issue with basket getting disconnected resulting in radio loops for disconnect-reconnect, even though it is visually perfectly attached!

The only way to get fuel is to actually drop back slightly whereby the basket is shown as disconnected, yet you receive fuel anyway... Quite odd if you ask me.

In 1.2.3? i'm sure that i've heard many reports of successful Il-78M hookups with no problems in MP (even 2-3 clients connecting at once) no problems like you describe.

Yeah like Mustang mentioned that bug is from 1.2.2

1.2.3 the refueling is working fine, we have had 2 clients connected on the hoses in a full server of 21 players with no issues. I've done it many times now, it's nice to hand fly the refuel rather than getting dragged along with the AP connected to the KC-135 :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

There must be a way to set TWS not lock automatically...

No because the whole point to the SNP mode is to automate the target acquisition process.

The system scans the selected sector and tracks up to ten of the nearest contacts. Based on this data, the computer analyses the tactical situation, picks the most appropriate target for engagement and finally switches to STT mode when it determines that the target is within launch parameters of the selected weapon.....all automatically.

The only pilot action concerns switching on the SNP mode to begin with and ending the process by pulling the trigger to launch when the system tells him to :) .

The modified SNP mode of the N019M(MiG-29S) works in the same way except that the system can pick out two of the tracked contacts(primary and secondary target) and doesn't automatically switch to STT mode if the selected weapon type is R-77/RVV-AE.

Edited by Alfa
  • Like 1

JJ

Sorry Alfa, but that is incorrect. There is a toggle between manual and automatic target selection on the left hand panel. СНП can and will suggest target priority assigning numbers 1 though 4 to the targets and displaying them on the MFD regardless of this toggle.

%D0%BF%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%B5%D0%BB%D1%8C_%D1%80%D0%BB%D0%BF%D0%BA27.png

Excerpt:

Если цель наблюдается вне строба автоматического захвата режима "КН" или переклю-чатель ЗАХВ. АВТ.-РУЧН. установлен в положение РУЧН., то после трехкратного опре-деления координат цели ,она назначается на СНП, ей присваивается номер, с которым она отображается на ИПВ в виде символа цели БРЛС.

Edited by Sov13t
  • Like 1

Sorry Alfa, but that is incorrect. There is a toggle between manual and automatic target selection on the left hand panel.... %D0%BF%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%B5%D0%BB%D1%8C_%D1%80%D0%BB%D0%BF%D0%BA27.png

...of the Su-27 :) .

I was talking about the MiG-29 for which the "left hand panel" looks quite different(attached image) and doesn't seem to have such an option.

Anyway, its been quite awhile since I last read up on the MiG-29 radar/weapons system , but from memory I cannot remember having read anything about such a manual operation of the SNP mode in connection with the MiG-29 - nor about several prospective targets being prioritised and marked on the HDD.

I am not much "into" the Su-27, but suspect that its different to the MiG-29 in this respect.

Edited by Alfa

JJ

either do I, video low setting maybe?

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Negative, Textures set on High and 1920x1080 resolution

Edit: Never-mind..... model set to LOW :(

glad you fixed. lol :smilewink:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||