game loading so so long.. please fix..

ckek

Amazing......

You're trying to help people, and they just keep telling they have problems.....

Sorry, I thought that your instructions was for multiplayer only.

Gigabyte Z490 Gaming X | i5 10600K@4700 | 32 Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | Gigabyte Aorus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G |

MONITOR IIYAMA 24,5" LED LCD @ 1920 x 1080 | Windows 11

| Saitek X-55 Rhino | TrackIR 5 Pro

Hey warthog you think you can make a sexy avatar Na'Vi' for the nose art?

I doubt that this is a Na'vi...it rather looks like a smurf :D

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

Something is wrong. It definitely should be <1min.

well for me it is, using Win8 now...there must something that you made right ED :thumbup:

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

• ED Team

loading missions and so on is fine,

its the actual time it takes from clicking a mission and the time before it brings up the screen showing the loading process.

while it is in this state task manager says it is not responding, but if you wait it will load.

it was not like this before for me, anyone else getting the same ?

attachment.php?attachmentid=73114&stc=1&d=1352560344

absolutely loving fc3 so keep up the good work, and thank for giving us the chance to fly it in beta.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I just did a quick test of going from Desktop to in the pit with the latest build in MP to the 104th server. Recorded it with cam studio. I dont know what is so diff about my setup but it takes me less than a min. for the whole thing. I put up a vid on my utube channel if you care to look at it. Here it is.

My Specs. below

ASUS TUF Z390 Pro Gaming

I5 9600K@4.5 Ghz.

32 Gb. G. Skill Rip Jaw V DDR4 @ 3200

MSI Gaming 1070 TI

Samsung 970 EVO+ NVME Pcie 500GB

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

OCZ 120GB vertex 2 SSD

Win10 64 Pro

TM Warthog

TM Cougar

Samsuny Odyssey +

CH Pro Pedals

ASUS 32" 2560X1440 Main

Samsung 23" LED/LCD 1920X1080

Corsair TX 850W

Corsair H100i GTX

HAF 932

Bolt-1, how many DCS modules have you bought and have loaded into DCS World? c0ff (ED dev) on previous page suggested long load times are related to module loading. This makes sense to me because I too have ridiculously long load times despite the fact that I have DCS on a SSD; but I have FC3, CA, A-10C, P-51D and BS2.

For the past several days I've been flying missions here and there, and these loading times are really getting to me.

The original 1.2.2 release had a long delay before the mission started loading (just the DCS splash screen visible, with DCS World not responding). Back then it was about a minute and a half on my PC because of that delay.

The update from November 12th sped up the loading considerably, I would say the splash screen wasn't on screen for longer than 40 seconds.

But the update from November 14th, and the latest current version of DCS World, made things worse again. This time, it takes up to 3 minutes before the splash screen disappears and the actual loading begins.

This means I sit in front of my PC for 3 minutes looking pretty silly, waiting for the sim to load, for 20 times a day or more.

Since I'm currently re-flying the same mission over and over, I was wondering if it would be possible to add "Restart mission" on the Quit menu in the sim? And if this button worked by simply respawning the situation from point zero, and if nothing would have to load again, this would make the whole experience that much better (no quitting to DCS World GUI and flying again and waiting for the sim to load again)...

Just an idea...

DCS A10C Warthog, DCS Black Shark 2, DCS P51D Mustang, DCS UH-1H Huey, DCS Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Flaming Cliffs 3, Combined Arms

System: Intel i7 4770k @4,2GHz; MSI Z87-G65; 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM; 128GB SSD SATA3 (system disk); 2TB HDD SATA3 (games disk); Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X; Windows 7 64bit

Flight controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder; TrackIR 5; Thrustmaster F16 MFDs; 2x 8'' LCD screens (VGA) for MFD display; 27'' LG LCD full HD main display

Bolt-1, how many DCS modules have you bought and have loaded into DCS World? c0ff (ED dev) on previous page suggested long load times are related to module loading. This makes sense to me because I too have ridiculously long load times despite the fact that I have DCS on a SSD; but I have FC3, CA, A-10C, P-51D and BS2.

Yesterday I installed A-10C and Ka-50 module, before I did that I had installed DCSW and FC3 only and my loading times were quite normal/fast... after I installed A-10C and Ka-50 my loading times increased quite a bit so c0ff is probably right and loading times increase if you have more modules installed.... weird but seems to work like that now.

No longer active in DCS...

understood. from what your saying i see your point, as i only have A10-c

My Specs. below

ASUS TUF Z390 Pro Gaming

I5 9600K@4.5 Ghz.

32 Gb. G. Skill Rip Jaw V DDR4 @ 3200

MSI Gaming 1070 TI

Samsung 970 EVO+ NVME Pcie 500GB

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

OCZ 120GB vertex 2 SSD

Win10 64 Pro

TM Warthog

TM Cougar

Samsuny Odyssey +

CH Pro Pedals

ASUS 32" 2560X1440 Main

Samsung 23" LED/LCD 1920X1080

Corsair TX 850W

Corsair H100i GTX

HAF 932

Yes, it's the splash screen part that takes longer. It takes several minutes for my desktop to convert to Basic mode (it turns off Aero), which is something one would expect should happen immediately upon loading the splash screen.

What MadTommy described might be the cause: the splash screen (for some reason) affects GPU clock speeds, which slows down the loading process.

Have tried not to turn off Aero? In my case it just seems to work better.

Please fix the KA-50 bugs :-)

Black Shark: Controller profile & setup, TrackIR profile, pit.

Warthog HOTAS: Lubing the stick and extending the stick.

Posts on howto customize switches in DCS &

Must-have mods for DCS World and KA-50 (mostly JSGME).

Casual couch pilot, watching capped.tv...

Have tried not to turn off Aero? In my case it just seems to work better.

Makes no difference here. With the Aero-off feature disabled (or with it enabled), loading time is about 4 minutes (3 minutes of which are on the splash screen with DCS World 'not responding').

This is after the last update on november 14th. The previous version (from nov. 12th) loaded in under 1:30 minutes.

DCS A10C Warthog, DCS Black Shark 2, DCS P51D Mustang, DCS UH-1H Huey, DCS Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Flaming Cliffs 3, Combined Arms

System: Intel i7 4770k @4,2GHz; MSI Z87-G65; 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM; 128GB SSD SATA3 (system disk); 2TB HDD SATA3 (games disk); Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X; Windows 7 64bit

Flight controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder; TrackIR 5; Thrustmaster F16 MFDs; 2x 8'' LCD screens (VGA) for MFD display; 27'' LG LCD full HD main display

Yup same for me. select mission goes to small splash screen, HD has no activity for 3 minutes than resumes to load screen. Thereafter its normal load time

Edited by kirrasdad

Win 10 PRO 64bit

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero MB

Intel Core i7 6700K 4GHZ

EVGA GTX 980ti

32GB G.Skil Ripjaws DDR3 1866@1600mhz

Sound Blaster Recon 3D

Saitek X55 Rhino Stick

Trakir5 W/Pro clip :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

For the past several days I've been flying missions here and there, and these loading times are really getting to me.

The original 1.2.2 release had a long delay before the mission started loading (just the DCS splash screen visible, with DCS World not responding). Back then it was about a minute and a half on my PC because of that delay.

The update from November 12th sped up the loading considerably, I would say the splash screen wasn't on screen for longer than 40 seconds.

But the update from November 14th, and the latest current version of DCS World, made things worse again. This time, it takes up to 3 minutes before the splash screen disappears and the actual loading begins.

This means I sit in front of my PC for 3 minutes looking pretty silly, waiting for the sim to load, for 20 times a day or more.

Since I'm currently re-flying the same mission over and over, I was wondering if it would be possible to add "Restart mission" on the Quit menu in the sim? And if this button worked by simply respawning the situation from point zero, and if nothing would have to load again, this would make the whole experience that much better (no quitting to DCS World GUI and flying again and waiting for the sim to load again)...

Just an idea...

Me too

Win 10 PRO 64bit

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero MB

Intel Core i7 6700K 4GHZ

EVGA GTX 980ti

32GB G.Skil Ripjaws DDR3 1866@1600mhz

Sound Blaster Recon 3D

Saitek X55 Rhino Stick

Trakir5 W/Pro clip :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

call me old school... but when I 'click' to load a mission, I just go do the dishes or some gardening. I come back, presto.... flight ready!

Simple, easy, no stress....

Acer AMD Phenom II x 4 840T, 16 gb. memory, Zotac GTX580 Amp2 3GB, 40" Philips tv, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Combat Rudders , Cougar MFCD's w/ 21.5" LG monitor, DSD Track Master button box, 3rd. century Roman field comanders helmet w/ Track IR 5, Windows 7 Home P.

“God is a comedian, playing to an audience that's afraid to laugh.”... Voltaire

"Diplomacy is the practiced art of being able to confidently say 'nice doggie' until you find a rock" ... Tom Clancy

i got no problem with the loading in the latest version 1.2.2.7286, it should be the PC specification or the windows version.

but other problem remain exist, cannot record AVI, cannot convert track to avi.

Running a decent machine:

AMD FX-Series FX-8150, 3,6 GHz (box), AM3+

Asus M5A99X EVO, AM3+

Kingston HyperX DDR3 4x 4 GB 1600 MHz

Kingston SSDNow V200 128 GB, SATA III (system disk)

Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 2 TB, 7200 rpm, 64 MB, SATA III (DCS World installed here)

Gigabyte Radeon HD 6950, 1 GB, PCI-E

Windows 7 ultimate 64bit, all the latest drivers and updates installed

Installed modules:

DCS World

BS2

A10C

P51D

FC3

As I've experienced drastically different load times on this exact same setup, when the only thing different was DCS World version, it is impossible that my hardware could be the problem.

Version of DCS World from November 12th: 1:30 minutes total load time

Version of DCS World from November 14th: 4 minutes total load time

Sure, some loading time might be saved if I get a second SSD disk and install DCS World there (an option I'm seriously considering), but still: it's obvious the problem is in the latest update.

A problem which I am sure ED will fix in due time. The old-school approach mentioned by bmon40 works :smilewink:

Running a decent machine:

Installed modules:

DCS World

BS2

A10C

P51D

FC3

As I've experienced drastically different load times on this exact same setup, when the only thing different was DCS World version, it is impossible that my hardware could be the problem.

Version of DCS World from November 12th: 1:30 minutes total load time

Version of DCS World from November 14th: 4 minutes total load time

Sure, some loading time might be saved if I get a second SSD disk and install DCS World there (an option I'm seriously considering), but still: it's obvious the problem is in the latest update.

A problem which I am sure ED will fix in due time. The old-school approach mentioned by bmon40 works :smilewink:

I have had similar problems. With me, everything is fine with DCS:W (and other modules) until I install BS2 (upgrade) module. Would you try uninstalling, then reinstalling everything except BS2 and see if its still slow.....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CharlieMike... take a look at my post # 7 at this similar thread http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98070. It makes sense that those that have P51D plus everything else installed have even longer load times than me (e.g., ishtmail 4 minutes. Note: I've got a Seagate Barracuda 3TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache. Not much different than ishtmail's except a higher density (should give it a little extra performance as the RW head can cover more area faster)

Not sure its this simple. Load times with DCS:W, plus CA plus A10 plus P-51 are fine. The only problem comes when I install BS2. Even DCS:W with BS2 alone (without other modules) is slow +/- crashIng. Also HDD light (on SSD) not active most of the time.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've tested the Black Shark 2 theory and can confirm:

I deleted the Ka-50 folder from the mods/aircraft, and as soon as that was done, loading time was reduced drastically.

Now, the splash screen only appears for about one minute (compared to over 3 minutes before deleting BS2).

I then restored the Ka-50 folder from the Recycle Bin and tried running the sim again. Once BS2 was restored, the splash screen was again stuck on my screen for about 3 minutes before proceeding to the loading screen.

I also tested the loading of A10C compared to Ka50. The Warthog loads significantly faster than BS2. The splash screen part is the same for both modules: about 3 minutes. But once loading starts, BS2 takes quite a bit longer to load. And once you get into the cockpit, A10C is responsive immediately (looking around, flying), while BS2 took quite some time before I was able to do anything with it.

Here's the comparison:

A10C loading time WITHOUT BS2 INSTALLED:

1:30 minutes or less (from the moment I click 'fly mission' to the moment the plane is flyable and responsive)

A10C loading time WITH BS2 INSTALLED:

approx. 4 minutes

BS2 loading time:

approx. 8 minutes (from the moment I click 'fly mission' to the moment anything works in the sim, like looking around, clicking in the cockpit, controls responsive etc).

So, looks like BS2 has something to do with the long loading times.

If it helps the dev team: my BS2 installation is the UPGRADE, not standalone.

• Like 1