Black Shark 1 retail dvd

44th Eagle

I bought the DVD version a while back and wanted to fire it up within DCS World. I am a little confused on just how I do this. The DVD version is 1.0. I install the 1.2.1 upgrade but it keeps asking for a activation code. I do not see a upgrade in the e-shop for the retail DVD version. I must be missing something?

Black Shark 1 does not work with DCS World. You will need to purchase the Black Shark 2 Upgrade (which requires that BS1, no patch/update needed, be installed and activated) for installation.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I have a german Black Shark retail DVD will the Black Shark 2 Upgrade english version work with that one ? I dont mind if its an english version after upgrading...

I recall seeing posts that indicate that it will work but please don't take my word for it. I am sure someone with authoratative knowlege will answer soon.

You might post that question here for a possibly quicker answer.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

thank you for the reply

german retail DVD LockOn -> Flaming Cliffs 2 (English download version) worked...

just finished DCS: World 1.2.1 download and installing now :D

didnt have a gaming computer for 2 years. yay

Black Shark 1 does not work with DCS World. You will need to purchase the Black Shark 2 Upgrade (which requires that BS1, no patch/update needed, be installed and activated) for installation.

Alternatively you can just purchase the full BS2 version and you will not have the hassle of having BS1 installed and activated prior to the BS2 installation.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

When the price for the Upgrade and Full version was set. BS1 cost more than it does now. The offer was also largely aimed at those who had already purchased BS1 (possibly at a considerably higher price).

ya btw ...

DCS: Black Shark (English download version) - 9.99 USD

DCS: Black Shark 2 Upgrade 1.2.1 (English download version) - 19.99 USD

29.98 USD

vs.

Fullversion 39.99 USD

just saying...

29.98$ + extra headache.

BS2 Fullversion = 7 (8?) activations + auto restore 1 activation per month if theres no more left;

BS1 = only 3 activation and theres is no auto restores. So, if you are out of activations with BS1 - welcome to tech support, which is soooooo slow sometimes...