Reworked Cockpit Views with proper Neck

thank you PeterP, awesome mod!!! my first attempt at a mod, (I'm a newbie to DCS, and now learning to fly the SU-25T)

Thank you for thanking me.

This may help you in your progress to master the "frogfoot" :

KNEEBOARD Tablet Mod for DCS World

and/or

Keyboard controls for the Su-25T listed inside the Kneeboard

Edited by PeterP

Hi Peter,

The TrackIR DOF movement (left & right) needs badly to be widened in the P-51 to the extent, that the pilot's head can lean out of an open canopy like in a real plane, or like in the P-51 version in FSX; it's kind of weird when your head is suddenly obstructed by an invisible barrier (in an open canopy). Anyway this 20cm added shift (left & right) is a helpful sight enhancement.

I contacted TrackIR, they said it's a DCS thing. Do you have any idea how to make that TrackIR mod?

Many thanks in advance

BiBa...............BigBang

WIN 11-64 Pro. MoBo: ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING. SSD: LEXAR 790 4TB. CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K. GPU: MANLI RTX 2080 Ti. RAM: HyperX 3200 MHz 64 GB. Monitor: ASUS 4K 28"/VR: Pimax 4K/TrackIR-5/SAITEK X55-Yoke-Rudder-Trim Wheel.

Thank you for thanking me.

This may help you in your progress to master the "frogfoot" :

KNEEBOARD Tablet Mod for DCS World

and/or

Keyboard controls for the Su-25T listed inside the Kneeboard

Awesome, thank you kind sir! :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Hi Peter,

The TrackIR DOF movement (left & right) needs badly to be widened in the P-51 to the extent, that the pilot's head can lean out of an open canopy like in a real plane, or like in the P-51 version in FSX; it's kind of weird when your head is suddenly obstructed by an invisible barrier (in an open canopy). Anyway this 20cm added shift (left & right) is a helpful sight enhancement.

I contacted TrackIR, they said it's a DCS thing. Do you have any idea how to make that TrackIR mod?

Many thanks in advance

Config\View\Server.lua. Find ViewSettings["P-51D"]. Adjust the line labeled "limits_6DOF ="

Config\View\Server.lua. Find ViewSettings["P-51D"]. Adjust the line labeled "limits_6DOF ="

Big thanks for the short cut!

I found the following line:

limits_6DOF = {x = {-0.050000,0.450000},y ={-0.200000,0.200000}

but I have no idea what is the precise amendment for a further head side shift of, let's say 20cm!?

WIN 11-64 Pro. MoBo: ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING. SSD: LEXAR 790 4TB. CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K. GPU: MANLI RTX 2080 Ti. RAM: HyperX 3200 MHz 64 GB. Monitor: ASUS 4K 28"/VR: Pimax 4K/TrackIR-5/SAITEK X55-Yoke-Rudder-Trim Wheel.

Big thanks for the short cut!

I found the following line:

limits_6DOF = {x = {-0.050000,0.450000},y ={-0.200000,0.200000}

but I have no idea what is the precise amendment for a further head side shift of, let's say 20cm!?

FYI, as far as I know, that limit also applies with the canopy closed.

Well due to Shoulder Size (see below) = 0.15, which as norm would correspond to approximately to 40cm, the needed 20cm sideways amendment would be around 0.08 in either Y or Z axis. (X is for up & down)

I tried different settings up to adding a full shoulder length to Y & Z like here:

y = {-0.35000,0.350000},z = {-0.370000,0.370000},roll = 90.000000},

but neither had any impact. Open or closed canopy makes no difference. Logically, I assume here is right place to make that amendment. The question is, why there was no change?

Standard setting:

ViewSettings["P-51D"] = {

Cockpit = {

[1] = {-- player slot 1

ShoulderSize = 0.15,

limits_6DOF = {x = {-0.050000,0.450000},y = {-0.200000,0.200000},z = {-0.220000,0.220000},roll = 90.000000},

Edited by Biba

OK this mode seemed simple enough to install.. I put the Server.LUA in SavedGames/DCS/Config/View/Server.Lua..

I use my own Snap views so I did not install those and the instructions mentioned to do that if I use custom snap views which I do..

Well when I go in game looking to the Left Shoulder appears to be functioning Correct, I shall post some screenshots in a bit.. But when looking over my Right Shoulder it appears to be zoomed into the seat..

I am not sure but I think the Left Shoulder view is the desired effect correct??

The First Picture is the Left Shoulder the 2nd Picture is the Right Shoulder. not the zoom effect on the right Shoulder and I did NOT Zoom in..:

wnon.jpg

9ypb.jpg

EDIT NVM I found a fix. I need to adjust my TrackIR as for some reason it thinks I am zooming in when turning my head???

Edited by The_Nephilim

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

• 3 weeks later...
Is the current release not compatible with the 1.2.7 Beta?

I didn't try, but I can see some differences between codes.

So, I didn't install it.

It would be great if you take a look Peter. :)

Thanks.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

tried and tested - the code difference between 1.2.6 and 1.2.7 Beta is nothing to be worried about.

My modified scripts that just take place in the "Saved Games" structure still replaces both DCS versions without conflicts and they aren't touching the original files in the root folder.

No update of this mod is needed until new steerable vehicles enter the arena.

Edited by PeterP

Thanks so much!

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

• 3 weeks later...

HI Peter

Been using your neck mod for sometime and works perfectly.

One thing that has only started to annoy me is that when the view behind is at its limits, it appears to lock in place, and moving forwards take maybe 4 degrees or so, to unsnap from the rear limit.

I'm not sure if this is the actual view script values affecting this. I saw some values of 8 -8 , and I was curious if this is the distance before it snaps out of the rear view limit.

For the meantime I've increased the rear view limit to get out of this shoulder view limit snap point.

Would you know what variable is applying this, or how to remove this locking of the view at its rear limit?

Current Flight Rig

i7 4960X @ 4.6Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Formula

G.SKILL TridentX 2400Mhz 32GB DDR3

Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD

MSI Gaming X 1080Ti

Samsung 55" JS8000 SUHD 4K

Windows 10 x64

TrackIR 5, Warthog HOTAS

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals

Custom Akers-Barnes, MkI eyeball.

• 1 month later...

Hi Peter,

Big, Big thank you for this mod.

I had a horrible 'goldfish' bowl effect with the A10C and this has totally fix that.

Now a much nicer pit to fly and looks right.

Many thanks for your work.

I'm still getting a really bad goldfish bowl effect with the SU25T though. What numbers can I change to fix this?

Great work.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

First off... been using some of your mods PeterP and I must say you have managed to make DCS a much better expirience for me...thank you !

As for the proper neck mod...it seems to me like I'm missing something, due to my own fault.

On some missions it works beautifully (eg the HUD moves as it should) and on other missions it's like the mod is not recognizable (eg the HUD stays fixed and I'm sitting too high in the cockpit).

Would appreciate the help.

Polaris

Problem solved...

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=108587

Edited by POLARIS1

jgVplRQ.png

First off, PeterP, thank you for all of your contributions! Awesome job

mein Freund! :thumbup:

Not sure if this is the right thread, but I'll post my question.

At times, when I'm flying the A-10C, it feels like I'm sitting a little tall in the cockpit. When I do some strafing runs, I find myself hunkering down in my seat, to be able to view the gun pipper. Is there a setting to make you sit a little lower?

I'm using TrackIR 5 as well.

TIA,

-Jav

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

First off, PeterP, thank you for all of your contributions! Awesome job

mein Freund! :thumbup:

Not sure if this is the right thread, but I'll post my question.

At times, when I'm flying the A-10C, it feels like I'm sitting a little tall in the cockpit. When I do some strafing runs, I find myself hunkering down in my seat, to be able to view the gun pipper. Is there a setting to make you sit a little lower?

I'm using TrackIR 5 as well.

TIA,

-Jav

Yep! The raise/lower seat switch :)

It's located just underneath and left of the AHCP (IIRC).

• Like 1

Yep! The raise/lower seat switch :)

It's located just underneath and left of the AHCP (IIRC).

Awesome! :thumbup: thanks for the info, and sorry for being such a newb! :music_whistling:

• Like 1

Awesome! :thumbup: thanks for the info, and sorry for being such a newb! :music_whistling:

What an @$$ I am... as simple as that, flipping switch. :doh:

• 2 weeks later...

ok, so I spent alot of time today reading through all this (Thanks PeterP for the Mod!) I am not clear on 1 thing, is the 1st page actually updated so the 1st post is the actual instructions that are current for the 127 version? I read variances along the way, but I got confused as to whether to follow the thread thru again or is it safe to install per post#1 for Ver 127? Thanks

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

I have just installed this Mod and ran into a problem. When I tilt my head using Trackir it does the opposite of what I am doing. So when I tilt my head right it tilts it left in the cockpit. This is only happening on the tilt. Something has to be wrong with the Mod, because head tilt works fine when I uninstall the Mod. Any idea how to stop this because I love the Mod. Thanks!

Did you install the mod based solely on the 1st post or did you deviate from those specific instructions?

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle