Reworked Cockpit Views with proper Neck

Shamanddg...thanks for the data regarding yaw and pitch!

As for the roll axis...checked it as well and without calculations, just by eyes and feel I changed X axis to 50.

Achieved, for me, about the same effect as with the pitch and yaw.

If someone can calculate the exact saturation needed or check if it helps as well I'll appreciate it.

jgVplRQ.png

Saturation fix is true for roll too, but it's not TRACKIR_X responsible for roll, that one is for translation, but TRACKIR_ROLL instead.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

You are right.

Sorry for not elaborating in my post.

I changed the X axis saturation within axis tune of TackIR Roll.

Hope I clarified it.

Polaris1 and _Dredd, please double check what you have done, saturation fix shall be applied only to Saturation-Y value from 100 to selected value within that AXIS TUNE dialogue for TRACKIR_YAW..PITCH..ROLL, do not touch Saturation-X value (leave at 100) in any of the three.

Edited by Shaman

tail# 44 or 444

Tried Y axis before that.

It dampened the effect and made the movement sluggish.

Then tried X axis and somehow it got the desired effect of correlation between DCS and TrackIR movements on roll while keeping them fast enough.

Do try it.

On Yaw and Pitch I changed only the Y axis,

jgVplRQ.png

That's new to me what you just did. All right will try, but back when I was wondering how to fix that I could not get my good result with Sat-X other then 100 with reduced Sat-Y!

I just wish ED fixed TIR support out of the box, I even filled bug report back in DCS, but no true fix from ED since forever.

tail# 44 or 444

Tried Y axis before that.

It dampened the effect and made the movement sluggish.

Then tried X axis and somehow it got the desired effect of correlation between DCS and TrackIR movements on roll while keeping them fast enough.

Do try it.

On Yaw and Pitch I changed only the Y axis,

Yes, Y-axis for me only.

Current Flight Rig

i7 4960X @ 4.6Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Formula

G.SKILL TridentX 2400Mhz 32GB DDR3

Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD

MSI Gaming X 1080Ti

Samsung 55" JS8000 SUHD 4K

Windows 10 x64

TrackIR 5, Warthog HOTAS

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals

Custom Akers-Barnes, MkI eyeball.

Coming back to sim again after a break and am trying your neck view mod.

After copying the required files and starting the game Iam finding the view to be too close to the controls it feels like my head is not on the headrest and is more in the middle of the cockpit

If I wanted to how would I go about moving the head back so that it would be against the seat headrest.

Or has something gone wrong with my install and the end result is supposed to have the head on or near the headrest

Something gone wrong, can you also please report which airplane you're using?

Regarding moving it back/forward/higher/lower, it is explained in first post (click spoiler buttons) or your game manual or controls section for cockpit view.

Also confirm sure you are using 1.2.7 DCS World without interfering mods, and not using beta 1.2.8 or legacy versions.

Edited by Shaman

tail# 44 or 444

...from the first post:

If you want to post a info/bug/issue:

Sentence like "works buggy and too big- and/or cant move back" is just a waste of your and my time.- as I need to know the used module/cockpit and so on...Don't expect that I'm able to read your mind or knowing exactly what you are talking about without naming it exactly!

A picture is often more worth than thousand words.

wink.gif

...and don't expect me to answer things that are already explained and reachable via the first 30 posts and/or the forum-search or can be goggled within seconds. wink.gif

Please Read also this before reporting 'annoyances' >>>>>

Well...after some more tests I found out that changing TrackIR settings within DCS axis tune (eg 44 Y for Yaw, 66 Y for Pitch and 50 X for Roll) interferes with the Proper Neck's zoom within the cockpit.

Returned everything back to 100 in the meantime.

Would sure like a better correlation between DCS and the TrackIR software.

jgVplRQ.png

Polaris1, why such unconstructive statement?

I do not break anything here on my end, you must have some other issue then. Can you please elaborate what is going on with your ZOOM (FOV??)?

tail# 44 or 444

It wasn't meant to be an un constructive statement.

I merely wrote my experience with the changes implemented.

Before changing axis tune as written above: zooming to the side panels or anything down right or down left was natural and one could zero on a single knob without a problem.

After changing axis tune, all or one by one, zooming sideways becomes limited and unnatural.

Checks I made to isolate: no presets within the mission, deleted and reinstalled the mod, latest beta vs latest 1.27.

Only variables that were causing zooming effect within the cockpit with the proper neck mod were changes made to axis tune within DCS to pitch (66 for y) and yaw (44 for y).

Again, this is my own experience.

I think you will be able to replicate it quite easily in the A-10C pit where it's more pronounced due to the big side panels.

jgVplRQ.png

B So what do I have to do, look at lights panel then decrease FOV? And what shall I get, jitters when tracking at max zoom in this tracking corner?

I have might not notice this before because I zoom in only on HUD during guns or when I try to spot something truly far outside windows.

Can you show screenshot of your TIR dots when you are in this far corner, are you sure all are still well traced(?), this is common TIR problem I had to fix separately from anything. Changing position of TIR receiver (much higher and angled pitch down) as well moving my cap more on my forehead fixed these issues.

Sometimes it takes just an inch higher to get real difference and just a bit more hat on your forehead.

I don't think there is much you can do here beside increase tracking performance in your pit but I may as well be wrong.

Good thing is within two years we will fly in VR Googles:)

Edited by Shaman

tail# 44 or 444

I've got a pro clip and I checked the dots.

They are all right.

Again, in my tests, I managed to isolate the culprit as changes made as noted above.

Now TrackIR is a compromise and has its limits, though we have so much to thank, for it made sim flights so much fun.

Saying that, I still think there could be a solution for making a 1:1 correlation between TrackIR and DCS whilst keeping the mod's zoom effective both outside and inside the cockpit.

I sure hope we manage to solve it.

If you do wish a screenshot please send me a pm and I shall send it later on today.

jgVplRQ.png

Wow, there you have it. Track Clip Pro performance is deteriorating when head down and turned left or right. It starts to jitter I know. I have used Clip Pro for years and recently switched totally to hat. My squad mates confirmed the same, that basic hat clip tracks better (performance wise) at head down moments.

I also noticed difference and reported back to them this observation a week ago.

Now with mod neck (cam arm length) is increased so jitter must be generating more in space camera travel than before, and this is what I believe you have observed.

Try also to battle this by increasing Smoothing in TIR to like 40-50.

Jump in the hat too, ClipPro will fall apart anyway and its cheap IR lights are life limited and die after like 6y of moderate flying.

Edited by Shaman

tail# 44 or 444

Interesting !

First for me to read about it.

But I don not wish to divert the thread from the neck mod any further.

First of all...thanks for the knowledge and tips!

And...would you be kind enough to open a new thread under the input and output forum about the hat clip vs clip pro.

I think a poll and a good discussion might enlighten us further.

jgVplRQ.png

Hello guys,

I started using this mod in version 1.2.7, but after updating to 1.2.8 a few things got changed and some cockpits are distorted or broken.

Can anyone confirm that this mod became incompatible with the Su-25T and the co-pilot for the UH-1?

I have removed the lines for these planes in the servers.lua file and their cockpits returned to normal.

Would there be a fix for these planes as well?

I got too used to this fantastic mod and I can't go back to the terrible default TrackIR camera control in DCS.

Thanks again PeterP.

YOU'RE AWESOME!!! :) :) :)

Distorted cockpits? Check your monitor's aspect ratio in settings. There is new bug in 1.2.8 and somehow DCS changes monitor aspect ratio on own will.

tail# 44 or 444

Distorted cockpits? Check your monitor's aspect ratio in settings. There is new bug in 1.2.8 and somehow DCS changes monitor aspect ratio on own will.

It used to be perfect during 1.2.7.

I use 1920x1080 and the aspect ratio is automatically set at 1.77777.

I didn't change any configurations or installed any other mods after updating the game.

This is what I get when I use the mod with version 1.2.8 and sit on the co-pilot seat of the UH-1:

Could anyone provide any assistance? :(

KZpx4hI.jpg

And when looking back in the same seat:

QGegVta.jpg

This is the normal view without the mod or with the UH-1 lines removed from the "lua" file:

pr1EpAT.jpg

And then again looking back:

zO8OAZ8.jpg

Now this is what happens with the Su-25T when looking back:

rGcCFxY.jpg

And now back and down a little bit:

vhHaHsq.jpg

Now without the mod or with its lines removed from the "lua" file:

zOZp6OE.jpg

9rJ0Gpn.jpg

Correct ratio for 1920:1080 is 16:9

Edited by Shaman