LockOn joystick profiler

• ED Team

Please test simply joystick profiler for LockOn. I think, it will be usefull first of all to change joystick axis response (AFM-SFM).

Work of this program is based on fact, that LockOn allows to replace joystick ini-files without serious consequences and re-reads these adjustments of input devices before start of mission. The program just substitutes a file of joystick adjustment on one of three beforehand determined.

Readme file is inside archive.

Profiler.zip

Profiler_window.gif.52f1dad448c490e2047646848e3ac6b1.gif

• Like 2

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

• ED Team

Thanks a lot, community.

But I'm not a professional programmer and not a ED developers team! I can't to build this feature inside LO code. But I hope (I'm sure!), we will see it in future.

BTW - a little bug. If you press 'Cancel' in "File..." dialogue, program will reset their profiler.ini file - so, please, if you open "File..." dialogue - you MUST to make choise.

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

• ED Team
this changes the in-game profiles ?
Yes, only for gaming profiles and do not affect to the profiles appointed by other utilities.

G.K. Chesterton

• 3 months later...
  • ED Team

Remarks about moving joystick profile from 1.11 to 1.12:

1. Start patched game (1.12) - IMPORTANT, go to Options and write (or remember) new name of your joystick (difference in unique number after the device name)

2. Start Profiler, press button "File.." and choose this new ini-file

3. Now press either of "Load AFM Profile", "Load SFM Profile", "Load User Profile" - now your old profile will be loaded into game.

Sorry for delay and for my bad english.

G.K. Chesterton

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Just three days ago I figured out I can do the same (even better) with cougar... in fact I have programmed two different axis curves which I can change (here's the best part) IN GAME with a simple button press :D

I love this Cougar! :D

Still for anyone not having a Cougar this is just as effective way!

Great idea

No longer active in DCS...

Just three days ago I figured out I can do the same (even better) with cougar... in fact I have programmed two different axis curves which I can change (here's the best part) IN GAME with a simple button press :D

I love this Cougar! :D

Still for anyone not having a Cougar this is just as effective way!

Great idea

Ok.... This sounds cool, how did you get it to function like that???

if its to complicated you can PM me or point me to a chapter in the reference book... I mean if you have the time ....

Thanks Kuky...

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

Ok.... This sounds cool, how did you get it to function like that???

if its to complicated you can PM me or point me to a chapter in the reference book... I mean if you have the time ....

Thanks Kuky...

Blaze

Second that......If not too much of a bother Kuky, would be interested to know how to do that. Is it through Foxy?

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

I dont understand...what exactly does this mod do? I need something for my joystick, but dont I need SST software to make this work?

You don't need any other software. It's stand-alone. You can switch a joystick setup in \LockOn\Input\ folder by this tool. You can save up to 3 profiles and put one of them into the folder whenever you like. One profile for AFM, one for SFM etc.

TekaTeka from Japan

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Visit my site Beyond Visual Range.

You don't need any other software. It's stand-alone. You can switch a joystick setup in \LockOn\Input\ folder by this tool. You can save up to 3 profiles and put one of them into the folder whenever you like. One profile for AFM, one for SFM etc.

I guess you have to leave the game to switch these profiles... Is that correct?

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

wow, this looks really cool. rep inbound.

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

You don't have to exit the game. You can Alt-Tab to switch to the tool and use it. Unless you are in-flight, it will be OK. The new profile will be applied in the next mission.

Ok thanks for getting back to me so quickly....

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR