What type of UFC

Timghetta

What type of UFC  

484 members have voted

1. 1. What type of UFC

• Legacy UFC with Red LED Read outs
    • Newer UFC with the Green Digital LCD Panel

I honestly believe that the red UFC will look and fit much better in the cockpit than the newer LCD green one in my opinion.

First, I think it stands out from the MFDs. The main reason why I like the F-15E cockpit so much is the perfect blend of gauges and modern displays. Only digital stuff and not many gauges and switches such as the F-35 or maybe the F-22 a little makes it look quite dull... and the red UFC makes a big difference in the F-15E. The green LCD UFC gets rid of much of the nice blend the original cockpit had when looking straight forward. It does make the front view look a bit dull, we will have too much green luminescence and not much else to give it a nice contrast, something the original cockpit has and in a very nice way.

Second, the newer one looks kinda out of place for some reason, maybe the the emptiness of the edge on top of it give me a strange impression... it's ugly, at least for me.

Third, hmmm, well... the red LEDs and the overall 90s calculator style is just too cool!

Well that's just what I think :) In the end I'm sure the final product will look great anyway. :)

Edited by eFirehawk
  • Like 3

Pentium II 233Mhz | 16MB RAM | 14.4kb Modem | 1.44MB Floppy Disk Drive | Windows 3.1 with TM Warthog & TrackIR 5

Wouldn't the particular version of the F-15E you guys are modeling have either the Red or the Green version installed?

Whichever reflects reality for the version of the F-15E you guys are modelling i suppose.

It will after all be a DCS branded title.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

I'm in the same boat as most - whatever is most appropriate for the model you're replicating, especially if there's no difference in the information displayed. If the new UFC has additional functionality, then make sure it can be done right. If there's some way to allow the new display to display red lettering, even if it's a few lines to edit in a LUA file somewhere, I'm fully on-board. Also, I think the new one would be easier to accurately replicate for pit builders.

• 6 months later...

I voted green also, but I agree with many people here.

Firstly - it's your project Razbam, us Strike Eagle fanatics are eternally grateful for having an F-15E in development in the first place, and so it's completely up to you what you decide to include.

Secondly, the majority of us will probably take realism over "coolness". If you can model the newer green one to exactly how it is IRL then sure, go ahead. If it's a struggle then don't feel like you can't model the red one instead - we'll still love you :)

• 7 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi everyone, why despite the fact that the poll of the clear vis-à-vis the choice of the new UFC, it was the old chosen? .
Well after ok they had already worked a lot on it but the new one is more modern and nice! . We will have which block of F-15E in DCS??? .

Thanks in advance.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

== http://www.3rd-wing.net ==

Extremmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24 minutes ago, Postal2 said:

Hi everyone, why despite the fact that the poll of the clear vis-à-vis the choice of the new UFC, it was the old chosen? .
Well after ok they had already worked a lot on it but the new one is more modern and nice! . We will have which block of F-15E in DCS??? .

Thanks in advance.

We are getting the old style one initially, and then there will be an option for the updated UFC later.

• Like 3

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

• 1 month later...

I'm so glad we're getting the old/red UFC. It's unique, and what I picture when I think F15E cockpit. The LCD/green UFC is too generic, and just make it look like a SuperHornet (sort of...)

1-c-1.jpg

I just hope WinWing like it as much as I do. 🤞

Edited by norman99
  • Like 5

17 hours ago, badger7966 said:

I want a WOMAN WSO.......with a nice voice.....Im sick ta fxxk of these Petrovichs and Georges.....I want a Clara or a Becky or even a Shiela......the 48FW has some of them and it should at least be an option.

I WANT A WOMAN WSO !!!

Here we go again...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Specs: i7-11700k, RTX 3070 Ti, 64GB RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD

Squadron:

Capture.PNG