Removed

CptSmiley

if I set in server.lua the line of cockpit like this:

--CockpitLocalPoint = {0.000000,0.000000,0.000000},

meaning disabled

Then the cockpit goes to default position which is a lot higher than the plane and retains 6DoF and the rest.

Could be this due to some 3D model limitations?

CockpitLocalPoint = {0.000000,0.000000,0.000000}, 

Is part of the Module's Cockpit Scripts, I believe I have the correct values in my LUAs.

Modifying the Server LUA's was a work around for people using Random Pits with other Planes,

ie F-15 Pit w/ the F-18.

Since the F-16 Is using it's own Systems, the setting is locally contained in the Cockpit Scripts.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great. I'll look into it. 10x

is the mainpanel_init.lua?

I've found thi line there:

cockpit_local_point = {4.15, 1.15, 0.0} --F-16 New Model {4.8, 0.78, 0.0} -- 1.57 for Y

but modifying it also doesn't do anything.

There are two Cockpit folders inside the mod... "Cockpit2" has the textures and more/newer files and seems to be the working one. "Cockpit" can be deleted and the mod still works.

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

i think Smiley's Build uses /Cockpit2/

My build will be slimmed down (extra models and folders will be deleted)

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Cool! ETA? :P

Not that that "Bamby style" raising on the ramp of the plane isn't... fun :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

When I finish with some systems and tweaking, I dont want to release it if it's only gonna hinder the AFM Performance,

Weapons Systems Etc are Not going to be Modeled.

if/when I decipher the HUD Code Syntax and get Working HUD Pages, I'll Integrate that into a later Build.

Right now it's down to tweaking suspension.

However Once I Pack it up, I'm moving back to working on the F-100D Assets.

OK. Good to know.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Weapons Systems Etc are Not going to be Modeled.

No point if weapons arn't gonna be modeled...

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

No point if weapons arn't gonna be modeled...

Guns fire, AIM-9s, etc dont. So a Gun Reticle may be a fun thing to add.

I know the code for the Gun Reticle is in the WL Template, I just cant get it to work, whether it's missing Avionics Textures or SensorData, I dont know I havent really looked into it yet.

I prolly have to go through the Avionics and create Custom TGAs for everything from letters/numbers to Symbology in order to make them work,

something I wouldn't mind doing, but it's a time permitting thing, It's something that will have to be done eventually in the F-100 Pit anyway.

Right now, ALT, HDG, SPD are displaying using TestParam mode.

I'm pretty sure once I get all the Sensors Setup and Get Sensor Data Parameters for everything,

it's just a matter of breaking down the HUD Coding and knowing what does what, and what Symbology I have to create.

Going through the A-10C Code is a confusing bunch of code, It's hard to see what's required and what's extra code for the A-10C Systems.

Once I break it down and know what sets the Symbology for Pitch and Attitude Lines, reticles etc it should be easy.

attachment.php?attachmentid=94950&d=1393719786

Edited by SkateZilla

Great job man!

I`m using it for gunfight at my personal server with my "gunmates", that`s why i asked about FUNNEL (gun mode of the HUD).

Can you implement only Funnel without any systems and other radar-lock targetting?

But one more problem - other players in multiplayer game see Su-27 model instead of F-16 model. How can it be fixed?

main-qimg-3b623ba495906d63f1f3331020fc74271.jpg.eeabdeff502fb0a794d99baeaec5199d.jpg

Edited by Morbus

• ED Team
Greate job man!

I`m using it for gunfight at my personal server with my "gunmates", that`s why i asked about guncross (gun mode of the HUD).

But one more problem - other players in multiplayer game see Su-27 model instead of F-16 model. How can it be fixed?

They need the mod loaded.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

great job, but I think the hud of a10c is the same of f16c uses.

Intel® Core™ i5-2500k CPU@4.20GHz 64 bit operation System Windows 10+ Pro NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 - Memory: 16.0 GB - 500gb ssd samsung - Samsung 27"SyncMaster TA550 monitors [SIZE=1][B]- [/B][/SIZE][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]TM Hotas Warthog[/SIZE][/FONT] Trackir4 - TM Rudder Pedals.

It absolutely is not.

great job, but I think the hud of a10c is the same of f16c uses.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

or looks alike.

Intel® Core™ i5-2500k CPU@4.20GHz 64 bit operation System Windows 10+ Pro NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 - Memory: 16.0 GB - 500gb ssd samsung - Samsung 27"SyncMaster TA550 monitors [SIZE=1][B]- [/B][/SIZE][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]TM Hotas Warthog[/SIZE][/FONT] Trackir4 - TM Rudder Pedals.

I enabled anti-skid and gradual braking moment (1 second). Untested, so let me know if it works or helps at all and I will commit it to the repo.

I dont think it works, they still lock,

I've finished the suspension animations and I'm still tweaking with suspension and stuff to get it to land without having to feather it down.

Right now it looks like the main gear suspension just doesnt wanna loosen up, you touch down and you get barely any movement in the suspension even with a decked out load.

Edited by SkateZilla

Just be glad that some people are actually giving this plane a shot. Must you be reminded that the efforts that people such as CptSmiley, SkateZilla and RagnaDa are doing this with out any money changing hands.

If you want a fully functioning F-16 with weapons and clickable cockpit, everything you see in the A-10C then instead of complaining and asking what the point is.....put your hand up and contribute. The trio who are making this a public thread with access to their unpaid work should be congratulated instead of griping about the weapons systems. I am more than positive these 3 guys have lives away from the keyboard and jobs that pay their internet bill....so far this plane has not earnt them a cent. Be more considerate that this work is being made public and people like my self are learning along the way. Who knows, we may just get a fully functioning F4 Phantom just by following this thread and learning the walls people are running into coding this plane.

• Like 1

Winfield_Gold,

Your right, for what is worth, thank you guys for all your efforts. I love the F-16. I worked on it for 15 years and I love it. I spend hours working on it, learning everything I could about it. Every time I see a thread regarding the F-16, I can't help myself and I have to talk about it and discuss every detail I can about it. I'm very grateful that other people love enough to spend all this time working on a way to simulate such a great aircraft.

• Like 1

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

I love the 16 also, worked on it for 11+ years. I'm pretty sure I'm going to build a 16 pit and convert whatever I fly to it. No matter whatever I fly it will be a sidestick set up. My dream since LOMAC was to have an F-16....even a FC level one would be great.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Why this mod doesn`t use external model from DCSW?

(as someone said - "enemy sees Su-27 instead of F-16 model unless mod is downloaded by all players)

Sometimes model becomes invisible at distance ~2-3 km.

Will there be a new external model ?

Just be glad that some people are actually giving this plane a shot. Must you be reminded that the efforts that people such as CptSmiley, SkateZilla and RagnaDa are doing this with out any money changing hands.

If you want a fully functioning F-16 with weapons and clickable cockpit, everything you see in the A-10C then instead of complaining and asking what the point is.....put your hand up and contribute. The trio who are making this a public thread with access to their unpaid work should be congratulated instead of griping about the weapons systems. I am more than positive these 3 guys have lives away from the keyboard and jobs that pay their internet bill....so far this plane has not earnt them a cent. Be more considerate that this work is being made public and people like my self are learning along the way. Who knows, we may just get a fully functioning F4 Phantom just by following this thread and learning the walls people are running into coding this plane.

+1

And I hope others will join this quest. I'll try to help with what little I can... I'm no programmer nor modeller but I can test and pick some lua files from here and there.

Thank you guys for your work! :thumbup:

Who knows... maybe after some community developments such module might receive some help from ED

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

(as someone said - "enemy sees Su-27 instead of F-16 model unless mod is downloaded by all players)

I don't know the legalities behind this claim but IMO, if the DCS model was used, money and contracts would need to change hands between dcs and the people who are working on this project. Somehow I can't see the producers saying "no worries boys, go for gold, the model and all associated transcripts are on the house"

VEAO hawk in the early days needed a mod to be downloaded so people who did not have the alpha didn't see an SU-25T flying around

The new external model doesn't have all LODs tuned up I think so it might disappear at some distance when different LODs are supposed to be loading... no biggie... is WIP.

The old ED model is just... a bit ugly... so this new one is an improvement and for compatibility an "online patch" might be created at some point... although if this mod develops enough almost everyone should have it and problems would be solved.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I believe it's because the model from DCSW is not as good and the one from the mod. And since it's just a mod, it's not expected from the entire community to have their games patched up and making the mod multiplayer compatible for the people who don't have it. :)

EDIT: Sniped by zaelu

Edited by eFirehawk

Pentium II 233Mhz | 16MB RAM | 14.4kb Modem | 1.44MB Floppy Disk Drive | Windows 3.1 with TM Warthog & TrackIR 5