TrackIR 4 Details!?

cjlive

trackir4-pro.jpg

The NaturalPoint® TrackIR 4 PRO™ is the perfect enhancement for gamers and simmers looking for a competitive edge and an enhanced virtual reality experience. Imagine controlling your field of view in first person shooters, flight simulators, and many other types of games by simply looking around!

KEY FEATURES:

6 Axis/degress of movement (left-right, up-down, forward-back, turn left-right)

46 Degree field of view!!!!!

120fps Sample Rate

25% faster response time over the TIR3PRo

716 x 290 Resolution

USB Interface

The TrackIR™ device is a high-performance headtracking system that enables hands free view control in popular games and simulators such as MS Flight Simulator 2004 , Lock On: Modern Air Combat, IL2 Sturmovik: Forgotten Battles, and many more. A slight turn of the pilot's head causes their in-game view to pan in any direction, independent of mouse, keyboard, and joystick commands. Look out windows and around the cockpit as if you were in a real plane! For a new level of realism in games and sims, check out http://www.TrackIR.com and buy a TrackIR today.

TrackIR 4-Pro™

NaturalPoint®'s premium product, the best optical headtracking system available. Blazing along at a refresh rate of 120fps which is 4 times faster than a standard WebCam (30fps). Based on a new image processor, TrackIR 4-Pro™ has 716 x 290 resolution and improved optical performance that allows it to work in direct sunlight, delivering a performance difference that will rock your view! TrackIR 4-Pro™ is the best optical headtracker that money can buy.

MY GAME ONLY RUNS AT 60FPS, SO WHY DO I NEED 120FPS?

An increased TrackIR™ frame rate creates more sample points, delivering smoother and more precise motion independent of your game's refresh rate. It ensures that both the quickest and most subtle head movements are perfectly tracked.

It allows the TrackIR™ to stay ahead of the game.

Confuscious, he say: if it's so darned good why does it need updating so often? :-)

I'm just bitter because I bought version 1 about ten minutes before the second came out. I was slowly building up to buying the third because the first never worked well for me. But now... maybe I'll wait for version 5 ;-)

What I'd really like to see is a version that uses two detectors placed a few feet apart to give much wider and more accurate movement detection. It'd be more expensive, obviously, but I'm sure the extra coverage would make it a much more transparent experience. However I'm basing this on my experience with the first version so I may be out of touch with what more recent units are capable of... though there has to be a limit to the detection capabilities of one source/detector.

Andrew McP

Right now I'm confused. Well lack of sleep for the past 2 days is doing that anyways :p but I was going to get a TiR3Pro plus vector in 2 weeks time but I think I wait for the TiR4.

Whats the release date? Should I wait? Would I be as happy with the TiR3Pro? Questions questions questions. :icon_lol:

Just went to the Naturalpoint site and theres no sign of IR4 only IR3.

It would be nice if you could place some small vector expansion thingie on your hands so that you could flipp switches and press buttons in the Hokum cockpit yourselfs instead of using the mouse :)

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5

Well, at least good news for those who have not purchased the TrackIR system yet though unfortunate for me since I already purchsed the TrackIR3 Pro with the reflective cap and currently awaiting its' delivery... :icon_frow

The TrackIR website mentions nothing about the TrackIR4. Was this pulled from the forums?

Well, at least good news for those who have not purchased the TrackIR system yet though unfortunate for me since I already purchsed the TrackIR3 Pro with the reflective cap and currently awaiting its' delivery... :icon_frow

The TrackIR website mentions nothing about the TrackIR4. Was this pulled from the forums?

Same here, where the heck did you find that cjlive?

The only "4" I found was the driver version :/

I ordered the VE addon for my TrackIR3Pro from eDimensional about 2 weeks ago and a few days ago I got a secret-sounding e-mail from them, introducing the TIR4 (minus any details however) and saying that if I wanted to wait another few weeks, I could instead order this version.

Since I just bought the TIR3Pro a few months ago, and just built a new system, I haven't got the extra money to get the TIR4. And it would be nice to know some actual performance details first too. :)

Nice to see Natural point, continuing to develop this technology. I boght TIR3 pro, even though I had TIR2. But for me that was worth it. Especially with VE and much smoother. So i'm happy.

The more they improve, the more people use it, the more support it gets, the more games which use it. And that's also good for us.

So keep up the good work Natural point.

Imagine F.E.A.R with TIR enhanced. Wow...

Fish's Flight Sim Videos

[sIGPIC]I13700k, RTX4090, 64gb ram @ 3600, superUltraWide 5120x1440, 2560x1440, 1920x1080, Warthog, Tusba TQS, Reverb VR1000, Pico 4, Wifi6 router, 360/36 internet[/sIGPIC]

Guest ruggbutt

Says the guy w/the slightly used Cougar.......lol. I have the 2 Pro and was gonna buy a 3 Pro w/vector, but I'm waiting till Black Shark comes out.

That wider FOV will help a lot.

I don't see how.. you sit in front of our PC to play right?

In all my years, I've never seen a game being played with the player sitting

4-5 feet offcenter from their monitor....

This is nothing more than an incremental release to gain $$.

Now if it was WIRELESS and I don't have to where that stupid hat.....

That would be worth 180.00...t

Thanks,

Brett

Hi guys,

The wider field of view will definitely help when you lean. I can't tell you how many times I have lost track when I lean for some reason or look down for that matter. This is really the perfection of the TrackIR in it's current configuration.

NP has the smarts to really do some trick stuff farther down the line. I know I've seen it and the NP team is some of the most innovative designers and engineers in this industry. You should support them.

For those that are complaining about the new design, please keep in mind that the TrackIR 3 design is 4 years old and the guts of the TIR 3 is about 2 years old. It was time to take a step forward.

Also, you'll probably never see a wireless design because of the power demands of the imager.

And you don't need to wear a hat with the new Vector clip. You can put it on a Headset!

Jason

Hmmmmm I havent heard too many complaints about the track 3 , is this new one really worth the cost is my question.

Asus P8Z68-V GEN3/ 2500k 4.4ghz / Corsair 64gb SSD Cache / Corsair 8g 1600 ddr3 / 2 x 320gb RE3 Raid 0 /Corsair 950w/ Zotac 560TI AMP 1gb / Zalman GS1200 case /G940/