CARRIER OPS

Guest ThomasDWeiss

Problems with Install

Hello gents

need to pose a question about this

I used LoMan 5 to install this pack and loaded FC (V1.11) however, i was GUTTED when I could not find it anywhere, not in the missions folder, not in the campaign folder.

What is wrong - LoMan 5 says that it has installed it (Green Confirmation)

Ideas Much Appreciated

Cheers

SumoScouse Out :cool:

Hello gents

need to pose a question about this

I used LoMan 5 to install this pack and loaded FC (V1.11) however, i was GUTTED when I could not find it anywhere, not in the missions folder, not in the campaign folder.

What is wrong - LoMan 5 says that it has installed it (Green Confirmation)

Ideas Much Appreciated

Cheers

SumoScouse Out :cool:

Theres no need to use loman at all. Uninstall in loman, and manually paste the files into ..../missions/su-33/carrierops (or something) from the original .zip

Guest ThomasDWeiss

Great!

I added some more options - like R77, R-27AE and R-27T (on all pylons) - you don’t need to use them, I did it to give some more options.

I am loading up more R-27T now, It is embarrassing the low kill ratio with radar guided missiles that I achieve with 1.1.1, at least I can out-maneuver the enemy AAM with more ease, so it is not so bad.

Guest ThomasDWeiss

Try this loadout: 1 ECM, 1 R73, 1 R27T, 1 R27T on each wing

2 R77, 2 R27R on the body

tell your wingman to switch ECM on then ask him to engage your target - then switch targets and wait to get closer - say 10km before firing.

I just finished a mission and managed to miss 2 active guided and 2 radar guided AAM ... got him with an R-27T, then ran away like hell from his wingman , I have to find a way to hit with radar guided again!

• 2 weeks later...

I think you might want to update this w/o the AE's. (Remeber ED stated that the had a 1.0g limitation, so I doubt you can hit anything with them).

I guess the 77's is a personal preference, although not that realistic for the sim period.

I am enjoying this campaign, and I hope you don't mind I am converting the missions to MP, and adjusting the loadouts for the 199th to fly.

I have only had time to fly the 1st 2 missions, and after adjusting my flight plan per your advise on the first mission, I had no problems. I like the hit and run on the second mission as well, except my wingman and I engaged the first 2 groups of fighters then I sent him home, hit the radar site, and did a low emelmen (sp) back towards our ingress point. I only flew it once, but this seemed to make more sense instead of flying the path through enemy territory.

My only suggestion would be to take out "some" of the units that are not related to the mission or the direct atmosphere of the pilot.

p.s. I have been making both mp and single player 33 missions since v1.0. If you want I can post some for you guys to try.

is this ok?

Guest ThomasDWeiss

When you make the missions, it is easier to fly them, but when they are finished, and you hide the enemy it is a different story.

Then I start being far more cautious about where I fly, I always try to find a place where I have room to fight, the worst mistake I always make is go after an enemy and end up over their SAM, that is the problem: where to find a position where you can hold your ground.

The AE stink - the good thing is that you can now change the load-out, I used them sparingly in the first missions, later on I did not use them.

As for the R-77 I agree , but I added them to balance a bit the missions, sometimes you get boxed in by two fighters and they come in handy - and it is good to give some more options.

When you finish can you upload the MP missions at Lockonfiles?

(I am now updating an F-15 pack for 1.1.1 - not easy

DOGFIGHTMISSIONPACK3.jpg

.)

do you have the puffy cloud mod installed in these missions?

I am on mission 4 now, and still thinking the amount of hostiles is just ridiculous :( I can't imagine sending a 2ship into that kind of setting. I think the mission planers need help. :P as they are sending pilots and equipment out on suicide missions.

I understand what you have tried to achive with the safezones, but all the engagements I had when flying mission 4 happened over the forward ships at about 2000m.

I had my wingman engage the flanking ship on the south, then had to engage the 2ship inbound to the NE of him. (both these groups were hidden from AWACS, and I was glad that I was scanning on the inbound ;)) Then I was intercepted by an F-16 and a MIG from the north, the to Su-24's, another MIG from the E, and still had to leave the "safe zone" to get the tanker.

Again, both my wingman and I ran out of missiles (AI is much better at dodging since the patch) and I had to return to base without getting the tanker.

On the plus side, awesome job with "hiding" groups from awacs, and spoofing with the jamming flights ;) These missions are very well done expect for the over abundance of boogies. It appears the airwar is already over, and these missions would not even be possible. I think you are averaging around 4-5 bandits vs. 1 friendly per mission.

Anyway, I will continue on because the missions are interesting, but it is more like an FPS were you just keep trying until you figure out the right timing and strategy to win, instead of being able to fly each mission with a realively high success rate on the first time (which is more like reality, since no one wants to loss aircrafts and pilots)

is this ok?

I have found all of Toms mission packs to be suicidal/impossible - Im glad its not just me :D Was starting to think I was useless.

They are great missions though - so I experimented with putting more freindly planes in (Dogfight pack missions) as clients for MP fun to make it easier, havent played them yet though.

I cannot do the first mission in this one - by the time I have sorted the 1st 2 bandits the tornado shoots a boat and its game over.

Guest ThomasDWeiss

And there are only eight-nine enemy fighters in all! :D If you are unlucky you will meet them all, usually it is only 4-6 that you will have to engage.

I agree, they are hard - I myself find them hard, but that is because I end up many times drawn in into a dogfight near a place where I should not be!

So I always try to position myself in a position that will allow me to retreat and I avoid close in dogfights.

I noticed that surviving the first dogfight with your wingman alive is the key to success -

get lock on, ask him to engage your target - and after he fired if there is an wingman engage the wingman - if he is alone, after he starts trying to evade the missile fire at him, it is a sure kill.

Guest ThomasDWeiss

I cannot do the first mission in this one - by the time I have sorted the 1st 2 bandits the tornado shoots a boat and its game over.

I am going to make some tracks.