Loading Profiles from 1.2.0 to 1.2.1

xcom

Hi Everyone,

First of all, excellent patch!

the auto updated is genius and will releave us from alot of trouble :)

Regarding loading profiles from 1.2.0 -

This is not really possible as there are new keys added to the lua files in 1.2.1 patch and therefore when i load up the 1.2.0 control keys profile i have it just erases the new control keys.

For example - in the P51 the new WEP key (E), has been erased after i loaded my new profile.

This is an issue because i don't know all the keys that have been added and therefore i have to remake all my profiles so i won't lose any new keys...

Any ideas on how to overcome this problem?

Thanks!

Its a pain. simple overwritting from old to new will cause these problems.

What i plan to do is.

• Backup saved games folder, then delete.
  • Load game, go to Options add any new command to make a new key profile file.
  • Use UltraCompare to copy old line to corresponding new lines in newly created file.
  • Add the extra new key commands

I already own UltraCompare.. with UltraEdit its a very useful app for this kind of thing.

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

Oh my!... Not again... Yea, it's really a pain...

I hope we won't encounter this in BlackShark.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

What i plan to do is.

• Use UltraCompare to copy old line to corresponding new lines in newly created file.

I already own UltraCompare.. with UltraEdit its a very useful app for this kind of thing.

Using this system I just reset all my controls for all modules in about 10 minutes. Only thing i had to do in-game was add the modifiers.

I can highly recommend it. The trial version on UltraCompare might well work... But i can't verify that.

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

I don't know UltraCompare, but if it's a payware (my guess from MadTommy's last post), be advised that another tool (freeware) you can use is WinMerge.

I, too, highly recommend that check (rather than a 'brutal' file replacement which could lead to hard-to-resolve 'bugs')

Cheers

Az'

spacer.png

What I don't understand is, why ED doesn't provide a tool to save us the hassle.

To be fair that is a little beyond the scope of ED's remit in my opinion.

I'm not saying its not a pain having to redo controller setups, it is.

Hopefully this will be the last time we need to do this with the auto-updater now present, fingers crossed anyway.

I imported my old p-51D mappings. For example of issues - the War Emergency Power is new....and mapped by default to the 'E' key. If I want to also map it to a throttle button, I can't...I don't know if it is intended to be blocked from mapping to other than a keyboard key...but even though I really don't need to make the change...if I wanted to fix this...so I could map it...how can I fix this via the options menu or manually via a lua edit?.

And assuming I have other issues or bugs do to my import of the old lua file...what is the suggested way to fix it?

Velocity MicroI7-4790 Windows 7 Home Premium 16Gigs RAM EVGA NVIDIA GTX 1070 500GB SSD TM Hotas Warthog

Can somebody post default keyboard.lua file for 1.2.1

What i plan to do is.

I need default key file, so please post if you have - for 1.2.1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

I need default key file, so please post if you have - for 1.2.1

To get the default one all you need to do is delete or move the input folder from the saved games folder and launch the game.. the defaults files will be recreated.

Edited by MadTommy

I'm not saying its not a pain having to redo controller setups, it is.

Hopefully this will be the last time we need to do this with the auto-updater now present, fingers crossed anyway.

Well, I really hope we don't need to do this anymore with future updates. Imagine having 10 aircrafts (or vehicles) and losing all the configs for them with update and then manually re-applying your control maps again. This is something ED needs to consider as it's potentially a very nasty problem for many in the future.

DCS Finland: Suomalainen DCS yhteisö -- Finnish DCS community

--------------------------------------------------

SF Squadron

I don't know UltraCompare, but if it's a payware (my guess from MadTommy's last post), be advised that another tool (freeware) you can use is WinMerge.

I, too, highly recommend that check (rather than a 'brutal' file replacement which could lead to hard-to-resolve 'bugs')

Cheers

Az'

Could you give more insight how to do this? Thanks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not in details for now, sorry. I'm at work.

The principle is simple, though: WinMerge allows you to compare two files and will point to you (colour coding) the differences in it.

You'll need 2 times the "same" file (without customization is better, otherless WinMerge will find far too much differences) :

- 1 file from DCSW 1.2.0

- 1 file from DCSW 1.2.1

Compare the default files (i.e. the ones that DCS does not change when you map your settings).

If commands added/suppressed/changed in the 1.2.1, my advice is: Don't try to use your old file, remap the corresponding aircraft via the options screens of the sim (that will create the customized version of the file) instead.

If no change detected between 1.2.0 and 1.2.1 version of the default file, it's safe to use the corresponding customized file (the one in which 1.2.0 saved your personal config) into World 1.2.1.

Edited by Azrayen

spacer.png

Simply open the two files you want to compare in winmerge. One to the left, one on the right. The software will point out the differences in the files. It's all pretty self-explanatory when you open it up.

Win10 x64 | SSDs | i5 2500K @ 4.4 GHz | 16 GB RAM | GTX 970 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pedals | TIR5

But why? You only need a routine that checks if each command exists in the lua and if it doesn't you add it with no binding. Should be doable.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.