stupid lookin afterburner flickering pls change this !

JABO2009

hey,

I installed the new 1.2.1 version last night, everything works fine so far, but pls ED change the afterburner animation to the previous 1.2.0 look !

did a quick mission with the new mig 31 and F18C (the new 3D models itself look awesome !! ) and when they both took of with full afterburner they suddenly had this ugly afterburner flickering wich reminded me on some old nintendo arcade flight games..

the flickering animation when on full afterburner looks arcadish and not authentic at all...

pls ED honestly , include the change in some autoupdate, the non flickering afterburnder shine is definately better and much more realistic !

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

JABO2009, I'm guessing ED did not change the afterburner texture intentionally, but that this is a graphics bug instead. When I look up the tailpipe (ahem...) of an afterburning engine in 1.2.1 I see it flickering on and off. I assume this is what you're referring to?

I've a GTX 460 with the 295.73 drivers. I also run a two-monitor setup on two different video cards. Curious if we can find some commonality. :)

--NoJoe

see that video for the new F/A-18C model, the afterburner blinking and flickering

exactly thats the blinkering I mean, thx for posting the vid, looks ridiculous...

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

Kindly report all problems in the Bugs and Problems sub-forums and in accordance with requested structure linked to in following thread:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=88164

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'