Forced to reactivate every module after 1.2.1

Rivvern

I just reinstalled DCS World and updated it and all them modules to 1.2.1.

I didnt deactivate any of the modules before i uninstalled (as usual) but after installing 1.2.1 and all the modules i still had to activate them.

Just thought you should know. Might be others out there.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We are looking for Swedish members!

http://www.masterarms.se

I just reinstalled DCS World and updated it and all them modules to 1.2.1.

I didnt deactivate any of the modules before i uninstalled (as usual) but after installing 1.2.1 and all the modules i still had to activate them.

Just thought you should know. Might be others out there.

This is from another thread and yes, there are lots and lots of us.

The problem with activations has been noted and I'm trying to get something done about it.

Nate

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Would someone be kind enough to point me to the correct deactivation procedure for DCS World and Modules ? Thanks.

I still have 1.1.1.1 (BS and A10) installed but of Course P-51 only came with world.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy and I've had both.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This is a new thread that shows how.

http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?p=1493625

Please, how is the deactivation done, I don't want to mess it up.

Would someone be kind enough to point me to the correct deactivation procedure for DCS World and Modules ? Thanks.

I still have 1.1.1.1 (BS and A10) installed but of Course P-51 only came with world.

Edited by fangav
answered

I got the messages prompting me for activations, but I was like :huh: and decided to do it later, exiting out of them all.

In spite of this the simulator still launched and I was able to complete the A-10C landing training without using any activations.

Needless to say this made me even more :huh:

Problems setting up switches on the HOTAS Warthog or similar?

Tutorial Here

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1566540#post1566540

DCS 1.2.1 Update - 2 October 2012

The team is reading the feedback and is actively taking steps to remedy the problems identified in 1.2.1 to include:

1- Reimbursing used activations when updating to 1.2.1.

2- Addressing continued issues with the master server.

3- Migrating several fixes in the internal versions to the auto updater.

4- Providing a change log to the Auto Updater dialog window.

5- Providing solutions to frame rate issues that some users are having.

The team is working hard on these and we hope to have this issues resolved as soon as possible.

Thanks

Nate

Will this issue get fixed or is the only way of getting around this to actually activate and then get the activations back?

Because I'd rather wait until this issue is fixed than mess around with activations, mostly because I'm in no hurry. but as far as I've seen there hasn't been any mention of a fix for this problem being worked on, just a lot of talk about activations and deactivations.

Like I said, I'm in no hurry and I'll gladly wait until this issue is fixed whether it takes a week or a month, All I want to know is, Is the core problem here going to get fixed or is my waiting in vain?

Like I said, I'm in no hurry and I'll gladly wait until this issue is fixed whether it takes a week or a month, All I want to know is, Is the core problem here going to get fixed or is my waiting in vain?

Have you been credited with an activation?

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

What? No, not that I know of, The only place that I know where I can check how many activations I have left is the window right after activating something.

I don't expect that I've been credited anything considering that I haven't "activated" 1.2.1 yet, like I said, I'd rather wait until the actual problem has been fixed and I can proceed without activating anything again, as in using my old 1.2.0 activations for 1.2.1.

I'd like to stress that I'm not trying to be rude and I'm not trying to hurry anything along, I'm simply asking, Is there going to be a fix for this or is the only option to activate all my products again?

What? No, not that I know of, The only place that I know where I can check how many activations I have left is the window right after activating something.

You can check as follows - Navigate to the following site:

http://proactive.star-force.com/2.0/activate.php

Enter your serial# and click 'Serial Number Parameters'. There might be a slight chance that you have indeed been credited with an extra activation as it is in all probability easier to credit all purchasers with an extra activation rather than trying to sift through records on who has activated and who has not.

I am however guessing but you never know. If you have been credited then your problem is solved, no? Will not hurt running the check - it's a couple of seconds.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Ah yes, thank you:

looking at my warthog activations:

Number of activations spent/total: 2 / 12

the rest of the affected products are at 1/11

seems like all dcs world keys have been reset to 10 activations

so that renders my original question unnecessary I suppose, no excuse to not active them now :D

Thank you.

• 1 month later...