DCS World 1.2.1, Now Available

Wags

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check the descriptions - that is all kinds of wrong. You also have 5 files there.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Deactivate first if you are worried.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i think people are forgetting,

yeah you get limited activations.

but you get limited De-Activations too...

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

i think people are forgetting,

yeah you get limited activations.

but you get limited De-Activations too...

I don't think that is true. My understanding is you can deactivate and reactivate as many times as you want.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Starforce Profile for my Serial and Machine ID shows Deactivations Remaining along with the Activations remaining.

not that it means anything to me, I have 8 of each.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Might I respectfully suggest any discussions about deactivation carry on here just so that this thread can be better used to discuss any changes introduced by 1.2.1 :)

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

Deactivate first if you are worried.

As my linked post explains, that's the entire problem--I don't want to lose a deactivation any more than I want to lose an activation. (In fact, I'd rather lose an activation, if I had to pick losing one or the other, because at least you get a new activation, a month after you have none left.)

Unless I'm mistaken (and no official word I've seen has indicated that), I'm being forced to choose between losing a deactivation, or not installing the 1.2.1. (Or possibly taking an activation hit--the instructions now say to deactivate, but it might be possible to simply activate the new install and accept the activation loss. Not sure.) Either way, not a good choice.

So far, I've been of the opinion that the community needs to chill and give the devs a few days to get things sorted out. I'm starting to become concerned about this lost deactivation problem, though, as it is beginning to look like E.D.'s solution is for us to accept a permanent deactivation loss--which is disappointing, if that's the case.

My understanding is you can deactivate and reactivate as many times as you want.

No. Deactivations are limited to ten and do not return, or I'm a baboon king's court jester.

Edited by Echo38

So far, I've been of the opinion that the community needs to chill and give the devs a few days to get things sorted out. I'm starting to become concerned about this lost deactivation problem, though, as it is beginning to look like E.D.'s solution is for us to accept a permanent deactivation loss--which is disappointing, if that's the case.....

It is simple - forget about deactivation :)

Install and burn the activation: You will get the activation back.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok, I sorted out the files and finally installed the update, Good news ! Now the launcher doesn't work and I cannot play the game, Bad news.

Have you try running the launcher as "admin"?? (o/s win 7???)

Intel i5 11700F + H80 | 4x4GB 3200mhz RAM | AORUS ELITE B560M | Samsung 850 PRO SSD 256gb| KINGSTON SA400 480GB SSD | WD 500GB | Gigabyte GTX 1070 8GB | Antec 1200 PSU | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and homemade panels and rudder pedals | 24" Samsung T24C550 @60Hz 2ms | Opentrack 3 led clip

It is simple - forget about deactivation

Install and burn the activation: You will get the activation back.

That does sound like the best course of action for me, but why do the official instructions currently say to deactivate before installing and activating 1.2.1?

......but why do the official instructions currently say to deactivate before installing and activating 1.2.1?

Everyone came down on ED like a ton of bricks following the lost activation. All attempts to calm folks down seemed to pay a wee bit of dividends, but not enough to calm the waters so to speak. The best course of action to save an activation would obviously be to deactivate, hence the instructions edited into the announcement after-the-fact. Granted, that obviously does not address the lost deactivation issue, but that is again another matter entirely.

It's like putting out a fire by beating it.......A spark jumps and another fire starts :)

Edited by 159th_Viper

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Am I the only one here totally confused?

I downloaded 1.2.1 and the modules that I have licenses for (A-10 and BS2U), but have done nothing since I read all this about de/activations and poor fps issues.

I was going to purchase P-51D too now that's final release, but can only so that with DCSW 1.2.1 I guess.

Should I wait before updating to 1.2.1? If so, how long?

Fractal Define R4 Case | Core i7-9700K @ 4.9GHz| 64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi | Gigabyte RTX3080 Gaming OC 12GB | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD (OS) | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD (DCS) | 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD (Steam library) | 1TB WD Caviar Black HDD | Corsair 750W Gold PSU | Corsair H60 Hydro Series CPU Cooler | [TrackIR 5 unused] | Meta Quest Pro | TM HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Win 10 Home 64-bit | Asus PG348Q 34" 3440x1440 Monitor | Bose Companion 3 2.1 Sound

• ED Team
Everyone came down on ED like a ton of bricks following the lost activation. All attempts to calm folks down seemed to pay a wee bit of dividends, but not enough to calm the waters so to speak. The best course of action to save an activation would obviously be to deactivate, hence the instructions edited into the announcement after-the-fact. Granted, that obviously does not address the lost deactivation issue, but that is again another matter entirely.

It's like putting out a fire by beating it.......A spark jumps and another fire starts :)

Correct, and the instructions have since been edited given that all 1.2.1 activations are reimbursed now. There is no longer a need to deactivate.

Correct, and the instructions have since been edited given that all 1.2.1 activations are reimbursed now. There is no longer a need to deactivate.

A big Patch was just turned on. Version .6148 :music_whistling:

Asus Sabertooth P67 Motherboard 2600k CPU, 16 gig DDR3, 1600. Samsung 830, 256 gig hard drive,

GTX780 Video Card, Warthog Hotas, Razer Mamba mouse. Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. Trackir 5, Verizon FIOS 25Meg Up/Down

I had 9 activations in BS2 and 6 in A10C. First day I deactivate both modules, uninstalled DCSW 1.2.0, installed DCSW 1.2.1, and activate both modules again. Same day I left 9 deactivations (for every module), 8 act. in BS2 and 5 in A10C.

Next day, apparently my activations were reimbursed and had 10 activations (:music_whistling:) and 7 in A10C. Looks like I have won one activation.

BUT, none of muy modules were running OK. I has problems with CTOD's and cannot start the applications. So, deinstalled everything (without deactivating this time) and reinstalled, in this order BS2 1.1.1.1, and then actvating this, and then a10c, activating this. In this moment, I was again with 9 and 6 activations. After this, installed DSCW 1.2.1 and it asked me one more activation for each module. So, I have now 8 and 5. I have been looking at the proactive star page to see if the last activations of DCSW 1.2.1 were reimbursed again, but not this time. So I have lost 1 deactivation and 1 activation for each module. At first I had 9 and 6, and now I have 8 and 5, and 9 deactivations.

Only the first activation of DCSW 1.2.1 is reimbursed? It keeps (for now) asking one activation each time you installed it. What if I have to deinstall and install again, for any cause?

So, even reading the forum and trying to be careful, I have lost activations :(